Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Re: Yeah, its funny

Quote Originally Posted by American
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightowl
    My DH and I are starting to grow our own lettuce and spinach. The third world nasties will keep defecating on the food. The question is, how long are you going to keep eating it?
    Many friends and acquaintances here in Northern VA have started to implement the "100 mile" policy. Whenever possible, we buy from local farmers within a 100 mile radius - preferrably organically grown and raised produce, meat and poultry. Initially we thought this would be a daunting task but were pleasantly surprised to learn that most of us are buying or growing 60% of our food locally. I will be the first to admit that I love my avocados, and there is no way I'm going to find one growing within 100 miles of the Nation's Capitol.

Fairfax county is a pretty metropolitan area, but we still have little patches of green where we can grow our own vegetables and meet our neighbors. I even found some Virginia Soy farmers, but they are about 250 miles away. It's outside the 100 mile radius, but many are family run businesses and in-state - so I may ask for a waiver.

It's been a fun learning experience. What we're learning is we are NOT totally reliant on the national chain supermarkets or the California growers for our food products.

NightOwl, I realize this is the exception, but the Reston VA Home Depot runs off the illegals when they try to gather in the parking lot. One Saturday, while I was walking across the parking lot, I heard the Asst Manager tell some of the workers to "take it across the line to Herndon"

Quote Originally Posted by ALIPAC
    Wow! They only took out part 2 of 7 which was the section we just wrote about and sent everyone to see. It had the intentional contamination of our food in it.

W
    Interesting!

avocados,? !!! In N Virginia?
    They`re considered a "Tropical Fruit".
    I love avocados and I thought leaving Ca, I`d be seeing the last of them.

JuneS_Reston, I guess I`ll have to order from you, just send them hard and green.
    ------------------------

I found a replacement link for part 2.

It works now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LxKocJ-XQu4

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by mkfarnam
    avocados,? !!! In N Virginia?
    They`re considered a "Tropical Fruit".
    I love avocados and I thought leaving Ca, I`d be seeing the last of them.

JuneS_Reston, I guess I`ll have to order from you, just send them hard and green.
    Sorry, I must have been vague - there are no avocados in Virginia or on the Left Coast (that I know of) - they are among the 40% of food products I cannot buy on the Left Coast. But, I'm not ready to give them up!

I will be the first to admit that I love my avocados
    Oh Well.
    I`m sure Florida has them
    ------------------------

Oh my....oh my....

I can't believe what I just saw! The video of the man doing the deed in the planter in the mall. If it wasn't true, it would be hilarious! But all I can say is that I don't think I've ever been so completely shocked in my life! I mean, malls have PUBLIC RESTROOMS! That man squatted and did his business right there in front of everybody! Oh my.....oh dear.
    Calderon was absolutely right when he said...."Where there is a Mexican, there is Mexico".

They sell Avadcados in NJ all year long too.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by ALIPAC
    I found a replacement link for part 2.

It works now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LxKocJ-XQu4

W
    That one worked. No wonder I never watch George Lopez!

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast