Page 17 of 740 FirstFirst ... 71314151617181920212767117517 ... LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Ron Paul on the Issues

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 3 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 3 guests)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)
    Ron Paul Easily Defeats Republican Primary Competitors in Iowa Straw Poll

Garners 82 percent of total in NFRAs Iowa-only tally of GOP activists; also wins open-voter tally

LAKE JACKSON, Texas - Earlier today Republican Presidential candidate Ron Paul defeated his GOP competitors, winning 82 percent of the vote in a poll of Iowa GOP activists. Dr. Paul’s nearest competitor was pizza baron Herman Cain, who garnered an unimpressive 14.7 percent of the vote.

The poll of Iowa voters took place in Des Moines as part of the National Federation of Republic Assemblies Presidential Preference Convention and Straw Poll. The victory among Iowa voters demonstrates that Dr. Paul has substantial support among Republican Party activists in the Hawkeye State. “In Iowa, Ron Paul continues to engage and inspire concerned voters at town hall meetings and in other settings. This contest, however, shows that Dr. Paul and his campaign have tremendous organization strength. Iowa voters are ready for when the opportunity to vote for Ron Paul arises, and today they have done just that quite decisively,” said Ron Paul 2012 National Campaign Chairman Jesse Benton.

In addition to winning the Iowa-only tally conducted at the NFRA convention, Dr. Paul won the open-voter tally which was not restricted to voters from Iowa. The open-voter results had Dr. Paul winning by 26 percent, followed by Cain at 25 percent, Perry and Santorum tied at 16 percent, and others with low double- and single-digit percentages.

Below find the straw poll results for the Iowa-only contest:

Ron Paul 82%.
    Herman Cain 14.7%
    Rick Santorum 1%
    Newt Gingrich 0.9%
    Michele Bachmann 0.5%
    Rick Perry 0.5%
    Gary Johnson 0.2%
    Mitt Romney 0%
    Jon Huntsman 0%

http://www.ronpaul2012.com/2011/10/2...wa-straw-poll/
    Last edited by AirborneSapper7; 12-29-2011 at 11:55 AM.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

George Will: Whats the Point of Mitt Romney?

In a column for
    The Daily Caller last week, I wrote/asked the following:

As a conservative friend about my age once said, he’s despised every president during his adult life more than his predecessor. George H.W. Bush was a sorry follow-up to Ronald Reagan. Clinton was worse than H.W. Bush. Then we got another Bush worse than both his dad and Clinton in terms of growing government. Now we’re stuck with the worst president of modern times, who is every bit the incompetent failure Obama’s harshest right-wing critics portray him as.

But again, conservatives are going to replace him with … who exactly?

At its core, American conservatism has always been a critique of the modern state. Both Goldwater and Reagan questioned what the role of the federal government should be, believing this was the primary task of any true conservative. Many today seem to believe conservatism is simply a matter of whether Republicans instead of Democrats should be in charge of an ever-expanding federal government. This is backward thinking, and conservatism never has been — and never should be — about making big government simply more Republican.

For too many conservatives, these questions are too philosophical and therefore impractical to be important. I, too, believe in being politically practical. I agree, for example, that the most important goal right now is getting Obama out of the White House. But then what? Bush III? Obama-lite? This is where conservatives must think about philosophy. The history of American conservatism is a history of losing. Practical Republican politics have yet to lead to ideological victory. Quite the opposite. And to the degree that practicality must always trump philosophy means conservatism will continue to lose.

Columnist George Will believes that Republicans who are willing to settle for Mitt Romney as the supposedly practical selection are making the same losing choice:

The Republican presidential dynamic—various candidates rise and recede; Mitt Romney remains at about 25 percent support—is peculiar because conservatives correctly believe it is important to defeat Barack Obama but unimportant that Romney be president. This is not cognitive dissonance.

Romney, supposedly the Republican most electable next November, is a recidivist reviser of his principles who is not only becoming less electable, he might damage GOP chances of capturing the Senate: Republican successes down the ticket will depend on the energies of the tea party and other conservatives, who will be deflated by a nominee whose blurry profile in caution communicates only calculated trimming. Republicans may have found their Michael Dukakis, a technocratic Massachusetts governor who takes his bearings from ‘data’ … Has conservatism come so far, surmounting so many obstacles, to settle, at a moment of economic crisis, for THIS?

http://www.ronpaul2012.com/2011/10/30/g ... tt-romney/
    Last edited by AirborneSapper7; 12-29-2011 at 11:55 AM.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Ron Paul Offers Relief for Small Business

Allows grace period for regulatory compliance

LAKE JACKSON, Texas - This week, 2012 Republican Presidential candidate, Congressman Ron Paul introduced a bill on the House Floor that would alleviate the onerous regulations the federal government imposes on small businesses, which are the backbone of the U.S. economy.

H.R. 3267, the Protect Small Business Jobs Act of 2011, would grant small businesses a six-month grace period to comply with federal regulations. Speaking about the bill on the House floor, Congressman Paul said:

“At a time of continuing high unemployment and stagnant growth, doesn’t it make sense to give small businesses a reasonable time to comply with federal regulations rather than just hitting them with job-destroying fines and legal bills?

“I hope all my colleagues will stand up for small businesses and their current and potential employees by cosponsoring the Protect Small Business Jobs Act.”

The full text of H.R 3267 can be found here.

http://www.ronpaul2012.com/2011/10/2...mall-business/
    Last edited by AirborneSapper7; 12-29-2011 at 11:56 AM.

"OH MY! Ron Paul Is Making Sense!"

Oct 30, 2011

Video:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=esl7DoFE ... e=youtu.be
    Last edited by AirborneSapper7; 12-25-2011 at 03:58 PM.

BEST RON PAUL SPEECH EVER @ West Alabama Straw Poll 10/29/2011

Video:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EfsT2Sxm ... re=related

Last edited by AirborneSapper7; 12-29-2011 at 11:56 AM.

Ron Paul - Unelectable or Unbreakable?

Video:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1nkdgJkH ... re=related

Last edited by AirborneSapper7; 12-29-2011 at 11:57 AM.

Ron Paul targets terrorists ... inside U.S. government

'I fear erosion of our liberties, economy more than any foreign adversary'

Posted: October 29, 2011
    1:30 pm Eastern
    By Drew Zahn
    © 2011 WND

Rep. Ron Paul, R-Texas

DES MOINES, Iowa – Ron Paul told a group of conservative Republicans today that he fears the terror tactics of America's own government more than Islamist threats from overseas.
    "Our government, instead of protecting our privacy and protecting our Fourth Amendment rights," Paul said, "they protect the secrecy of government and they invade on your privacy."

Paul criticized "50,000 SWAT break-ins without proper search warrants" in the federal government's war on drugs, Obama's decision to assassinate American citizens, including Anwar al-Alwaki, and the Patriot Act of 2001.

"We way overreacted – over my objection – right after 9/11," Paul said. "I see no benefit and no purpose – it undermines liberty – the fact that Congress passed and placed on us the Patriot Act. It should be repealed."

After blasting the federal government's lack of transparency and violation of the U.S. Constitution in both foreign and domestic policy, Paul concluded, "I fear the erosion of our liberties and our economy here at home more than I do any foreign adversary."

Paul was speaking to the National Federation of Republican Assemblies, or NFRA, a group he called "the constitutional wing of the Republican Party."

The NFRA describes itself as a grassroots movement to "take back the Republican Party for the vast and disenfranchised majority of its members: Reagan conservatives, who believe in small government, lower taxes, free market capitalism, a strong defense, the right to life and a decent America."

The NFRA was holding its Presidential Preference Convention, which brought in delegates from around the country with hopes of endorsing a candidate they believe best represents an alternative to the RINOs (Republicans in name only) currently holding or running for office.

"We endorse candidates in contested primaries, so rank-and-file Republicans can know who the true conservative candidates really are," the NFRA website explains. "We shuck the corn, with highly competitive grassroots endorsing conventions at which candidates must secure two-thirds of our delegates' support to win. And when we're done, there's no question who is who."
    Paul joined Rick Santorum, Herman Cain, Newt Gingrich (by video) and Texas Gov. Rick Perry's wife, Anita, in addressing the convention.

In addition to scathing criticism of the Federal Reserve, deficit spending and the Solyndra and "Fast and Furious" scandals, Paul made several comments about U.S. foreign policy.

For example, he bashed the Korean War, arguing the U.S. "went because of United Nations resolution," and received a standing ovation when he declared, "We should only go to war when the people of our country declare we should go to war."

Paul also condemned the killing of Anwar al-Alwaki's teenaged son, arguing, "How intimidated to we have to be to assassinate a 16-year-old?"

On a related theme, he criticized the U.S. military's attack drones at use in Yemen and Pakistan, suggesting that the killing of innocents in drone strikes "annoy" the native people of the Middle East and make enemies overseas.

Paul has previously argued that America's foreign policy is partly responsible for the threat of terrorist attacks.

Ealier this year in Winterset, Iowa, Paul told a man on the campaign trail, "I don't see Islam as our enemy," blaming U.S. occupation of other countries and the killing of "a lot of innocent people" for creating enemies.

"Osama bin Laden wins by 'proving' that America is an enemy of Islam and has an occupation agenda in the Middle East," Paul wrote in a statement last year. "And we continue to walk into his trap and hand him up his best recruitment tool in his efforts to provoke hatred and terrorism against the United States.

"If we don't want to incite radical Islamists," he continued, "we need to stop these un-needed wars. It is high time we came to our senses, brought our troops home to defend our country and pursued a Constitutional, Pro-American foreign policy."
    At the NFRA convention Paul pledged, if elected president, to cut a trillion dollars from the U.S. budget and to drastically scale back U.S. military presence overseas.

"We are falling in the footsteps of what the Soviets were doing, spreading our sails too thin," Paul declared. "It's time for us to come home and mind our own business."

http://www.wnd.com/?pageId=361829#ixzz1cCFoCOZU

Quote Originally Posted by AirborneSapper7
    I Guess Ron Paul must have been about 28 years old when he saw this baby being born by c-section. It was NOT an abortion!

The baby was viable. She/he was breathing and crying while Paul watched the monsters throw her/him in a bucket to be left to die while cold and in pain, and Ron Paul just left the room and walked on down the hallway.

Ron Paul was a witness to a cold blooded murder and did nothing to help that baby who was terrified and in distress.

Let me guess. Some Ron Paul supporters will actually say something like this...."Well yes, Ron Paul saw a living, breathing, baby, being put in a BUCKET to die and did nothing to help the baby, but, but, but, but, but, but, but.....etc."
    Ron Paul in 2011 "[...]no amnesty should be granted. Maybe a 'green card' with an asterisk should be issued[...]a much better option than deportation."

Professor Murray Sabrin admits Ron Paul is silenced by the media because of the Federal Reserve

Video:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qr7nL2xI ... _embedded#!

Sep 22, 2011

Professor Murray Sabrin spills the beans on why Congressman Ron Paul is disregarded by the Media Establisment.

Paul: Fed On The Defensive

November 4, 2011 by Sam Rolley

MSNBC.COM

Ron Paul said his messages are gaining traction Thursday on The Morning Joe.

GOP Presidential hopeful Ron Paul, speaking on MSNBC’s “Morning Joe” on Thursday, said that his message against the Federal Reserve’s constant manipulation of the United States’ monetary system is beginning to resonate with the American public.

“Just think of the success with the Federal Reserve. Bernanke has to go before the people at press conferences. I mean, they’re on the defensive now,” he said. “Sixty-five percent of the American people say ‘we need to know how they’re passing out this credit.’ Fifteen trillion dollars worth of credit, they’re bigger than the Congress — $5 trillion went to foreigners.”

Paul said that voters are coming his way because times have changed. He cited dramatic differences in the way the country operates now and how it did four years ago.

When asked why Herman Cain was leading in the polls, Paul said that media coverage has everything to do with a candidate’s popularity. Paul called the media’s ignorance of his own campaign a product of his revolutionary ideas.

“I’m attacking the status quo like never before,” he said. “I mean the whole entitlement system, and I think there’s a whole lot of support out there for what I’m talking about and they realize that and they’re not going to give me a boost because I’m challenging the whole banking system, the military industrial complex, the welfare state, our foreign policy. I want to go back to following strictly the Constitution.”

Paul also said that if the United States doesn’t change its foreign policy, the country is “doomed” because the United States is following the same path that the Soviet Union did.

http://www.personalliberty.com/news/...the-defensive/
    Last edited by AirborneSapper7; 12-29-2011 at 11:58 AM.