Page 33 of 57 FirstFirst ... 2329303132333435363743 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Banned
    Yep, JP is the resident expert on this piece of traitorous legislation, that's why I suggested you come check out this thread, Greg. I'm glad you did.

Think you can talk a few more folks into coming over here and giving it a good look?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by PinestrawGuys
    Yep, JP is the resident expert on this piece of traitorous legislation, that's why I suggested you come check out this thread, Greg. I'm glad you did.

Think you can talk a few more folks into coming over here and giving it a good look?
    Sure can

[quote=GREGAGREATAMERICAN]
    Quote Originally Posted by jp_48504
    Quote Originally Posted by GREGAGREATAMERICAN
    Quote Originally Posted by "jp_48504":qmsw9yx5

Plus let us not forget, the REAL ID allows undocumented or illegal aliens to drive.
    Ok now wait a minute
    where is that part of the deal from ???
    [/quote:qmsw9yx5]

THE REAL ID ACT.

I tried to warn people before it passed but people do not listen now it is coming back to hurt them. Just like banks accepting the Marticula Consular cards, the illegals can get their own drivers license.

Read this from an article I put on the Home page today.

[quote]Cedillo said he was “pleased with the regulationsâ€
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

Quote Originally Posted by PinestrawGuys

Thanks Pine, as a matter of fact, I have done interviews on this subject on a few radio shows.

It is just a matter of waking people up and spreading the message. Rep Jim Guest and other Legislators are helping me as well. I took on this issue even when everyone else supported it. I did my best to warn everyone who thought I was nuts when I said it did not stop the illegals from driving. But the newspapers are finally reporting that fact. They dont care if the illegals drive, they just want to have us in a national database and that's all there is to it. There is not any safety here, it is not about security and what does haiving a national ID card have to do with prosperity as the DHS spokesperson said? It is pure spin. Words that make people feel good and safe but do the exact opposite. Read 1984, the word Orwell created "newspeak."
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

Banned
    Real I.D
    January 14, 2008

This says something totaly differnt.

http://youneedtosee.wordpress.com/2008/01/14/real-id/

Who cares what they say on the news. They are not giving you all the facts in this short clip.

"The Databases are Hacked into on a regular basis"

"It will eventually affect everyone"

http://www.republicmedia.tv/index.php?o ... 3&Itemid=1

Pennsylvania Real ID Hearings Threaten $45 Million PennDOT

Pennsylvania Real ID Hearings Threaten $45 Million PennDOT Contract
    Tuesday, 22 January 2008

Republic Media News Wire Release
    January 23 Hearings Threaten Viisage Contract
    Pennsylvania Legislature May Cut Funding

Upcoming hearings in the Pennsylvania House Intergovernmental Affairs Committee over anti-Real ID legislation is threatening a $45.5 million contract between Viisage Technologies (Nasdaq: VISGE) and PennDOT. Angry taxpayers, civil liberties advocates, veterans and theological viewpoints have been hammering on the state legislature to roll back Real ID implementation, biometric photographs, and other gains made by Viisage in their deal with the Commonwealth.

NBC affiliate, WGAL-TV 8 in Lancaster County, PA, broke a story on Tuesday, 1-15-08 about the existence of the Viisage contract that dates back to 1999. Veterans of American armed services claim this contract’s extensions that allow for the collecting of high resolution photographs by state driver’s license bureaucrats, and transferring them to the home office of Viisage, is unknown to most of the General Assembly, and is a totally foreign concept within the general public.

Included in this Article: Video Feature Interview with Rep. Sam Rohrer, Sen. Folmer's Press Conference and PDF Document from Viisage Bragging about the deal to implement RealID.

VIEW PROOF OF THIS DEAL:
    Download the PDF Document from Our Files Section

James R. Compton, III, a 25 year veteran Navy pilot, has been telling legislators that "new Navy recruits are told not to acquire stock in companies that have DOD contracts, to avoid even the appearance of conflicts of interest. To have former Coast Guard Admiral James Loy pushing for Real ID while #2 man at the Department of Homeland Security, and then to exit government only to become a director and shareholder in the primary company selling Real ID implementing technology to the states is just plain wrong. We should not even be having this discussion."

Other former high-ranking government officials who promoted Real ID are exiting public service in favor of L-1 Identity Solutions, Inc., (NYSE: ID) the parent company of Viisage.

Aaron Bolinger (l) and Jim Compton (r) review legal books in the NVCCA Legislative Library.Compton and others are irate over the Executive Branch implementing Real ID’s provisions when both houses of the Assembly have passed respective resolutions condemning Real ID.
    Aaron Bolinger and Jim Compton review materials in the NVCCA Legislative Law Library.

Federal government agencies pushing for Real ID include the FBI and CIA, and citizens are appalled that Louis Freeh and George Tenet also held or hold top positions with L-1 after exiting government posts.

"We would not even know of this situation were it not for L-1 boasting to their shareholders about both the PennDOT contract, and the number of former government insiders now working with these tech companies," Compton added. "Showing this to members of the Appropriations Committee more than raises eyebrows. This is helping us get hearings on anti-Real ID legislation that has been in the works for nearly a year."

RTR Media-Killing Real ID in Pennsylvania
    RTR Media-Killing Real ID in Pennsylvania
    Copyright vEsti24

WATCH VIDEO: Sam Ettaro interviews Rep. Sam Rohrer on the efforts to kill Real ID in Pennsylvania.

HB 1351, the bill that would prohibit biometric data accumulation by PennDOT and Viisage, could cause the collapse of a large Viisage contract. 69 members of the PA House have signed on as co-sponsors to this Anti-Real ID bill, and another 35% of the Senate are signed on to SB 1220, the companion piece in that Assembly body.

A hearing is scheduled on 1-23-08 under the leadership of W. Curtis Thomas, chairman of the House IGA committee. Thomas is himself a sponsor of HB 1351, so groups involved with the anti-Real ID coalition believes this is the beginning of the end of Real ID in Pennsylvania.

Pennsylvania Sen. Folmer--- Press Conference on Real ID
    Pennsylvania Sen. Folmer--- Press Conference on Real ID
    Copyright vEsti24

WATCH VIDEO: Senator Mike Folmer hosts a press conference in Harrisburg making public the Viisage deal and throwing down the gauntlet of resistance.

Last week, on the heels of the federal Department of Homeland Security (DHS) unveiling the implementing regulations for Real ID, the American Civil Liberties Union called the new regs "like rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic." Eight states have already prohibited Real ID by law in their jurisdictions, according to www.realnightmare.org the national Real ID tracking site operated by the ACLU. Other states are following suit this legislative session by introducing such bills.

Ettaro will be in Harrisburg to cover the hearings in video. Stay tuned to Republic Media for more on this breaking story!

Watch the videos. This is great News. It wont be long before we have some movement in NC. When the new Session starts in NC on May 31st!

Quote Originally Posted by MW
    CG wrote:

That's ridiculous. There is absolutely no reason that the federal government needs to be involved in mandating standards for ID for anyone not under its direct jurisdiction (which would exclude the citizens of the several states under our constitutional system). There SHOULD be federal standards for ID for naturalized citizens or resident aliens. Why aren't they approaching it that way if the concerns are for national security? Answer: National security is a pretext for branding us all, and the new ID won't do a damned thing about deterring illegals.
    We're just going to have to agree to disagree on this one. While I can agree that many things are best left to the individual states to decide, I don't agree that driver's licenses should be one of them. Sure, you're right in regards to federal standards for naturalized citizen and resident alien indentification cards, but unfortunately no such plan exist that I'm aware of. Furthermore, without a federal standard, individual states would still be left with the responsibility of choosing which documents of proof they wanted to utilize for driver's license issuance. As difficult as it is to believe, not all states are acting responsibly when it comes to dealing with criminal aliens.

When a better mouse trap comes along, I'll be eager ditch this plan and accept it, but until then............
    The libertarians are similar to the liberal idealists in that they do not offer practical solutions to the problems of illegal immigration and border security.
    [b] If we do not insist on Voter ID, how can we stop illegals from voting?

Quote Originally Posted by jp_48504
    Take the mark, become part of the beast, but I will have nothing to do with it. I have studied this bill for 3 years. There is no such thing as a tamper proof id. The Department of Homeland Security has had their computers hacked 844 times in the past two year, most likely more and people expect them to keep all of our data secure. Ti is absolutely insane. A hacker will be able to break into this national database and identity theft will be at an all time high. WAKE UP!

Take the mark, become part of the beast, but I will have nothing to do with it.
    OK, now I can see why you are so adamant about this. You think this has something to do with the bible. That's why you won't give up any ground on this. I wonder if this is also why most other libertarians oppose REAL ID? The religious angle??
    [b] If we do not insist on Voter ID, how can we stop illegals from voting?