Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by AmericanElizabeth
    Wow!!!!I am so glad the traitors speech has brought in new people, this is exciting, glad you are all here.
    Yes, Welcome to the new posters. Their understanding is heartening.
    Unemployment is not working. Deport illegal alien workers now! Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by AmericanElizabeth
    Wow!!!!I am so glad the traitors speech has brought in new people, this is exciting, glad you are all here.
    I was thinking the same thing. As I was reading through this thread, I came across a number of new people.

In terms of Bush's speech. I have really nothing to add that hasn't been said already. I wasn't even going to watch because I just figured it would be more of the same. I tuned out once he said temporary guest worker program. He is simply steadfast that he is going to get that through.
    Deportacion? Si Se Puede!

Re: State of the Union

Quote Originally Posted by meredit
    Well, you were right and I cringed while home sick from my job teaching English as a second language to adult immigrants. Wow, I can't believe he stubbornly refuses to stop the invasion. It's crazy! The part that got to me the most was the comment about immigrants assimilating- where has he been? The majority of my Mexican students don't show any sign of assimilating! They draw Mexican flags on their classwork, and one guy said the other night that he was going to join a militant Mexican group. I'm a Democrat and I almost lost it!

What happened to respecting one's host? The behavior is rude at least and dangerous at worst. What was it I heard about Iraqis crossing the US/Mexico border? I have one Mexican student who demonstrates really good Arabic pronunciation when describing news items. When I asked where he'd learned to pronounce Arabic words he didn't give me an answer (the "h" is distinctive). Hmmmmmm.....

Meredith
    Is this student a legal immigrant? If you have any doubts to his citizenship, I would report him to Ice, no Mexican immigrant legal or illegal would probably know how to speak Arabic to my way of thinking!
    Build the dam fence post haste!

The last thread of hope, put the fear in your politicians.

[/b] I don't know if you've heard about how democrats knew when to stand up and applaud at the State of Disunion Speech Tuesday night but they got their que from Nancy Pelosi. When she stood up and applauded, they followed her lead. There's an old adage that states: Sticks and stones can break my bones but words will never harm me. In most situations this expression is true. But warning your politicians that if they want to keep their jobs, that their vote better show up in the nay column of any bill that supports amnesty for illegal aliens. I personally believe that many politicians know this already, especially those who are up for re-election in 2008. Even though they may have powerfull positions within their parties, Pelosi, Kennedy, etc still have just one vote each. So let your delegate know you will be closely watching them if and when they start voting on any Immigration Bill and word will reach every citizen within their district. Instead of being fearful, displace that fear upon your elected officals. [b]

Re: State of the Union

Quote Originally Posted by meredit
    The part that got to me the most was the comment about immigrants assimilating- where has he been?
    Not out in the real world that's for sure.

But I guess if you and your family are protected by Secret Service from these illegals, it must not matter. WRONG!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Mother Goose didn't tell us how long Humpty Dumpty sat on the wall, before he had his great fall.

That speech meant nothing. No answers about anything.

We need a leader that doesn't talk out of both sides of his mouth, while speaking every sentence!!!!!!

Balance the budget! It was balanced Bush, when you got in office. Nice mess you are handing off to the next president.

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Meredith - I would suggest in addition to calling ICE about your student that is facile with Arabic pronounciations (ostensibly a Mexican immigrant) that you also alert the local FBI office. I would present the information as matter-of-factly as you have here on the forum.

Bubba is right, we still have the power of the vote and we need to let our Reps know that amnesty/guest worker and border security/immigration are the pivotal issues that will determine whether they get our vote the next election. They need to know that we are paying attention.

Scarlett

Wow! its nice to see all the new recruits! Welcome to ALIPAC!

I must be experiencing de-ja-vu from the May 15th speech. How much do our elected officials think they can dress up and disguise their amnesty plan? SHEESH!!!
    They just want the new voter block and to pander to corporate greed, pure and simple. They act like drug addicts in the sense that we cannot continue without the cheap wages we pay to immigrants. Corporate greed is plain and simply addicted to cheap labor and high profits on their end.
    Whatever happened to the concept of starting a business to feel a sense of self worth knowing you are providing your workers with descent liveable wages, being your own boss, etc.

Now days it just seems as if big business has very short term goals which are designed to make the executive staff rich with their $40 million dollar bonuses, while the average American worker gets less than a 2% raise.
    Hell that doesn't even cover the cost of the gas price increase!

If illegals are given amnesty, these companies might as well pack up anyway because illegals will then start demanding equal wages, etc.
    "Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting the same results is the definition of insanity. " Albert Einstein.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567