Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

April
    Sledgehammer wrote:

Don't be fooled, they're all in it for the money. They will rape this country for all they can get and cast it aside as soon as they start to loose money. This act of not securing our borders is an act of treason. Those responsible should be hung
    I agree the bottom line to all this is Greed! Greedy power mongers and no thought to what they are doing.....their mind set is to pillage and our president wants to go down in history as the one who condoned it.

TWO more years of him and I can only imagine where we will be. I know that there are those who say impeachment is not an option because there is not enough time or it is not the correct avenue. I believe anything that gets his focus off the ruin of America right now is worth trying. Impeachment ,whether it can be put through in time does not really matter in the larger picture, to get him off his deadly track now is what matters most. Impeachment and having to defend himself, instead of being able to contemplate how to fool us next, would give everyone a break and IMO give us more more time to further the cause against this invasion. It would also show a powerful example to other politicians that they better play it straight or they are next. I did not write this to get jumped by those who do not agree with my opinion, just to explain my reasoning on impeachment.

State of the Union Address - immigration

Nothing new. We know President Bush is for Amnesty. The people are for bulding a fence and enforcing the laws that exist. The politicians in this country don't really care what we think or want. It's depressing.

Impeachment

I agree with April about impreachment. Even if it never happens the fact of Mr. Bush having to fend off the process could throw a wrench in the cogs of his machinery and perhaps prevent him from pulling off some of his agenda. It would keep him distracted exactly the way President Clinton was. They all worry abou their 'legacy' and the threat of impeachment and the stain it would leave on their reputations sends chills up their spines. I, for one, would like to see it happen.

Scarlett

State of the Union

Suzy-Q
    George Bush has created a position, not supported by the will of the American majority of citizens. Those who voted for him did so trusting he meant what he said about being a compassionate conservative! Bush is neither compassionate, nor a conservative!
    His State of the Union speech was no suprise from a president who ignors all facts on the illegal alien invasion!

Ev

State of the Union and illegal aliens

Most appear to concentrate on the Iraq issue. If U.S. citizens do not concentrate their attention on our lack of border / port of entry security we will so weaken our society that we cannot support ANY off-shore military operation.

Ever since our immigration policy was reformed in 1965 and resulted in a 'non-quota chain-based' system, the immigration department in our government has been in chaos. Ted Kennedy stated at the time that we would not have the million immigrants per year that people feared but as of 1996 we have had more than one million each year. At this time we were promised secure borders.

We were not prepared for this and as a result INS over time developed a one year backlog of applications for entry. Administration after administration has chosen to overlook the illegal alien component of this chain which many estimate may now be as high as 40,000,000 or more then 10 percent of our population. Our borders are not secure but the immigration attorneys are the largest growing segment of the attorney population. This group was also instrumental in funding the marches last year in support of illegal aliens.

Our schools and social / medical welfare systems were not prepared for this onslaught of illegal aliens either. Why are we teaching the children of illegal aliens? The supreme court ruled that no one will be denied an education. Why are the illegal aliens not deported along with their children? Citizens like what they think is cheap labor. You may hire someone to cut your grass for the price of a new lawn mower every two or three years but you are probably paying at least an additional $1,000 in your property taxes in Illinois to educate the children of illegal aliens. Your community has probably noticed an increase in the number of cars parked on lawns; increased graffiti around your towns; longer wait time at the hospitals and clinics; odds are you have been involved in a car accident where the other party had no insurance or legal driver’s license; odds are you know of, or are related to a victim who was among the 26 U.S. citizens who die EACH day because of the actions of a criminal alien. We have no border security.

Since 1965 there have been five major amnesties. Each time the flow of illegal entry increased. Some of these are a result of student visa overstays (almost 700,000 foreign students in our Colleges and Universities now). We have no border security.

Recently our government decided to abandon a program called SAFE. It was designed to track people here on visas. Nearly 40 percent of illegal aliens present in the U.S. are a result of visa over-stayers. Now, legal CITIZENS require U.S. passports to get back into our country if we come in by air but still no border security. However, there are bills in Congress now to remove visa requirements from more countries (Poland is one).

In May last year the President requested National Guard troops be sent to the U.S. / Mexico border – they were sent but unarmed – they ran from their border post recently because some armed individuals approached them from the south! We still have no border security.

Instead of tightening our border security our government has weakened it by sentencing to jail two border patrol agents who were doing their job. Their last names are Ramos and Compean. Read the case transcripts and you will find the case was nothing but fast-track railroading of these two to make other Border Patrol agents look away when illegal aliens cross our borders. These two were convicted under a section of our criminal code (18 U.S.C.S. §924(c) that did not even apply, but the jury was never informed of this!!! We have no border security.

Bottom line: Do not let the Iraq argument distract you from the fact that we have close to 25,000,000 underemployed while the illegal alien number could be as high as 40,000,000. How can we claim to be a sovereign nation if we do not secure our borders?

Another amnesty will only increase the flow of illegal aliens. By the way, anyone know of any country that has had a successful long-term guest-worker program? There has never been one.

Illegals are not immigrants

Presdidential speech was a Weak smarmy speech Plus we have a very corrupt weak Congress also. They have sold us out with all the money they give to non profits and free health care, etc., etc., etc. to Illegals. They clandestinely foster and help this 12 million strong mexican army(no uniforms but an army no less)
    We MUST secure our borders with our brave (Armed and will shoot) men and women and ensure our own people's (legal citizens) money, safety, welfare and standard of living. Our government steals our money an gives it to the illegals it is totally wrong, evil and dispictable!!
    NO AMNESTY, GUESTWORKER possibly, NO NAU, SECURE OUR BORDERS-NO MORE Anchor Babies. If you are not a citizen than a baby born on our soil is not a citizen either. If there is no benefits or jobs for illegals they will self deport themselves!!!!!

DC

Illegal Immigration

Giving immigration criminals a “path to citizenship” (a six syllable amnesty) will repeat the mistake that is the root cause of today’s problem — the 1986 amnesty (path to citizenship) sent out a clear message to the world’s poor: just get to America and they will let you stay. And for the last twenty years that is exactly what they have done – to the tune of 20 million plus the children that they have born. You can sneak in, lie your way in, bribe your way in, force your way in, or beg your way in and its as good as getting a green card up front. America will let you stay, forgive your illegal entry, identity theft, tax evasion, Medicaid costs, lack of driver’s licenses and your off-the-books cash only jobs — and then make you a citizen and thank you for caring enough to lie and cheat your way into a better life here in the land of the free lunch. A second amnesty will simply rebroadcast this same message and establish that our lunacy knows no limits.

And what do we say to the people that have legally applied for immigration to the United States – “sorry Charlie, but you all are nothin’ but a bunch of chumps and we ain’t got no room for you now.” Now is that the American way – I think not!!!

A pathway to citizenship is in reality a highway to ruin.

SECURE OUR BORDERS! NO AMNESTY FOR ILLEGAL ALIENS!
    DEPORT ALL ILLEGAL ALIENS!
    NO GUEST WORKER PROGRAM

Senior Member AmericanElizabeth's Avatar
    Wow!!!!I am so glad the traitors speech has brought in new people, this is exciting, glad you are all here.
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

CNN is reporting that Alberto Gonzales is not present tonight at the State of the Union address because in the case "something terrible happened", Gonzales would be in line of succession to become President of the United States.
    WHAT??????? That is the scariest thing I have ever heard with relation to this illegal immigration problem! But, if Bush, Cheney and Pelosi were all out of the picture, that is the line of succession. I guess I never thought about it before. So, I have to say I am sure glad the speech, as annoying as it was, went off without a hitch!

Most appear to concentrate on the Iraq issue. If U.S. citizens do not concentrate their attention on our lack of border / port of entry security we will so weaken our society that we cannot support ANY off-shore military operation.
    I didn't actually see the speech but only bits and pices of it since we were at a civic meeting that was scheduled three months ago that is relatively important to our area. I wonder where he thinks he's going to get all these soldiers from.

I notice he passed over that raising taxes bit pretty quick, didn't you? Gee, I wonder why he would need to raise taxes? Could it be to support the illegal aliens and their offspring and keep a war going on at the same time?

I was not surprised about the crafty way he jumped in bed with the Democrats on his amnesty scheme. I don't have a whole lot of hope that we aren't going to get really shafted on that score. I notice he didn't use that phrase "jobs Americans just won't do," that is just as insulting to the illegals as it is to Americans when you stop to think of it.

They sit there in their expensive clothing, trained as though they had been to acting school....it's all about them!!

I don't think "lowly" American citizens can get through to people who are so shallow.
    Exceptionally well said! That smug, sanctimonious look among politicians as always rankled me.

There is one thing that I have to admit that I am thinking:

The employers of illegals are in for a big surprise.
    I hope that is so. But it seems to me that they ignored that law for 20 years along with many others so it could just be another flash in the pan before the other shoe drops that gives them all amnesty. Besides, quite a few from the Swift Raid are sitting right here in El Paso awaiting deportation when the border is a stone's throw away. I wonder why THAT is????
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

What's plan B?

It's obvious that corporate America and the politicians have a plan and it will destroy the USA as we know it. Like others have stated, I was not going to subjuect myself to the lies and the garbage that spews from the President's face, but I just had to. Call me a masochist... I moved to Michigan from San Diego because of the crime and disrespect the iilegal's continually got away with and now I have a family of 5 living in a one bedroom apt across the hall from me living off hard working American's tax dollars. They are dirty, disrespectful people that leave a trail of trash when coming and going on most occasions. It just makes me sick. I move 2400 miles and here they are right across the hall.

Mod Edit
    We're in serious trouble America!
    It's now, or never America!

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast