Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

"If You Can Read This Thank A Teacher If You Can Read This In English Thank A Soldier!"
    "Distrust and caution are the parents of security."
    Benjamin Franklin

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Obama and Spanish

I guess the question is.......Do you speak Spanish Mr. Obama?

As much as I dislike Obama, I try to find the good in everything so here's my take on his ludicrous Spanish language comment.

First) He did say all immigrants should learn the English language. Let's hold him to it.

Second) As a world traveler, I do wish I knew more of other languages. Even Spanish, but it's not too high on my list given it seems that it will be forced on freedom-loving Americans against their will.

But for all this, I will be the one who decides what my child learns. Not him or anyone else.

And when I travel to other countries, I take the legal path whether I like it or not. I respect the rules and laws of other countries and do not even think of circumventing them.

Unlike many of our neighbors to the south. Which unfortunately has caused a situation that prevents many people from other cultures and countries from coming to this wonderful nation and contributing to our unique lifestyle as many would like to do. Some would even like to take a little home back with them.

I'm doing some talk shows on this topic and man oh man are people pissed! You should hear the callers. Obama has really stepped in it this time.

I don't think he knows what kind of whirlwind he is about to reap!

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by ALIPAC
    I'm doing some talk shows on this topic and man oh man are people pissed! You should hear the callers. Obama has really stepped in it this time.

I don't think he knows what kind of whirlwind he is about to reap!

W
    I hope he keeps it up. It really shows an elitist attitude that he tells the American citizen "SHOULD" do anything. He sounds more like big brother every day.

If he comes back and said, well I meant to say it like this or I meant it would be good. Then I have to ask, "sir when you want to negotiate with terrorists nations who want us annihilated along with Israel, are you going to say to them later, 'well I really meant'."

He's down right dangerous.

I saw this this morning on FOX. I really ticked me off!
    That speech was held at a high school here in the county were I live. I bet the good people of Powder Springs, GA did not like the statement one bit. Powder Springs at one time was just a little country town and the kids that went to school there were just a bunch of good ole country boys and girls. The school has a endowment left to it by a wealthly man and the school campus became a little nicer than most of the older schools in the county. It looks more like a college campus than a high school. When I heard that his speech was going to be held there, I wondered who was paying for the use of the school.
    Does anyone know who would have foot the bill for that? Would the campaign pay the county for the use of that school? And how would one find out?

That little town has seen an increase in hispanics. We lived there for about 2 years and there was a Mexican family that lived across the street. The teenage boys would put their basketball goal at the curb and play in the street. Well, after hours of hearing that basketball bouncing off the street my spouse would go out and ask them to stop.

Re: Obama and Spanish

Quote Originally Posted by blackseabrew
    I guess the question is.......Do you speak Spanish Mr. Obama?

As much as I dislike Obama, I try to find the good in everything so here's my take on his ludicrous Spanish language comment.

First) He did say all immigrants should learn the English language. Let's hold him to it.

Second) As a world traveler, I do wish I knew more of other languages. Even Spanish, but it's not too high on my list given it seems that it will be forced on freedom-loving Americans against their will.

But for all this, I will be the one who decides what my child learns. Not him or anyone else.

And when I travel to other countries, I take the legal path whether I like it or not. I respect the rules and laws of other countries and do not even think of circumventing them.

Unlike many of our neighbors to the south. Which unfortunately has caused a situation that prevents many people from other cultures and countries from coming to this wonderful nation and contributing to our unique lifestyle as many would like to do. Some would even like to take a little home back with them.
    Welcome to ALIPAC blackseabrew!!!
    Benjamin Franklin

From News Blaze
    Published: July 10, 2008Send to a friend
    Obama Steps on Political Land Mine!
    By ALIPAC

Following the hard lessons of New York Governor Elliot Spitzer's failed attempt to give licenses to illegal aliens and John McCain's close call with political destruction for supporting Comprehensive Immigration Reform Amnesty in 2007, Barrack Obama has stepped on a political land mine stating Americans should be forced to learn to speak Spanish.

YouTube videos showing his speech have gone viral and the new media is quickly distributing his comments which are opposed by approximately 4 out of 5 Americans according to Rasmussen Report polling from last month which shows Eighty-three percent (83%) place a higher priority on encouraging immigrants to speak English as their primary language. Just 13% take the opposite view and say it is more important for Americans to learn other languages.

Obama says in the video "instead of worrying about whether immigrants can learn English," Americans "need to make sure your child can speak Spanish."

You can view the video at this link. This copy has gone viral and already been viewed over 200,000 times in one day reaching the #1 most discussed and #2 most viewed video on Youtube!

"Americans are sick and tired of pressing 1 for English and being forced to pay for this liberal corporate social engineering experiment," says William Gheen of ALIPAC. "Immigrants should ingratiate themselves and speak English because English is the language of the United States. The English language and the fact all Americans have shared a native tongue is an essential part of the equation that has made America such a successful nation. Obama is completely out of touch on immigration issues just like McCain."

English as the official language of the United States is part of ALIPAC's Platform found at www.alipac.us since polls show a super majority of Americans feel the same way on this facet of the immigration debate.

Voters can express their dismay by contacting Barrack Obama Campaign Headquarters by phone, please call: (866) 675-2008

By mail at:
    Obama for America
    P.O. Box 8102
    Chicago, IL 60680

Email at:

http://my.barackobama.com/page/content/contact/

Copyright © 2008, NewsBlaze
    http://newsblaze.com/story/200807101101 ... story.html

blackseabrew welcome to ALIPAC

Hold your (native) tongue!

Boston Herald

Hold your (native) tongue!

English embarrasses Obama

By Michael Graham
    Thursday, July 10, 2008

Embarrassed again.

First it was Michelle Obama, who had never been proud of American democracy until her husband’s electoral success.

Now Sen. Barack Obama says his fellow Americans are “embarrassingâ€
    Benjamin Franklin

Obama: Kids Should Learn Spanish

Wednesday, July 09, 2008
    Obama: Kids Should Learn Spanish
    by Amanda Carpenter

340 comments

Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama lamented legislative pushes to make English the official language of the United States and said Americans should instead focus on making sure their children learn Spanish at a recent campaign stop.

“I don’t understand when people are going around worrying about, we need to have English only. They want to pass a law, we just, we want English only,â€
    Benjamin Franklin

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast