Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Dear Mr. and Mrs. _______,

Thank you for taking the time to contact my office about S. 2268, the Secure America Through Verification and Enforcement (SAVE) Act. Your input is important to me, and I appreciate the time you took to share your thoughts.

Like you, I agree that the United States needs to address illegal immigration in an effective and practical manner. The SAVE Act attempts to reduce illegal immigration by increasing resources in three areas. S. 2368 was referred to the Senate Judiciary Committee on November 15, 2007. Should this bill come before the full Senate, I will certainly keep your thoughts in mind.

It is imperative that our nation's broken immigration system be addressed. You should know that I support controlling our borders and patrolling our points of entry. I also believe that we need to make sure that we allow people to work here, but only if they're legal. I do not support amnesty. I am in favor of immigration reform that is fair to the American people and immigrants who have come to our country legally.

Thank you again for your letter. I will certainly keep your thoughts with me as I serve you in the United States Senate.

Sincerely,

Bob Corker
    United States Senator

Please someone, tell me why it is so darned hard to get your Senators to do what is right for the American Citizens as my Senator above is working on it. Please someone let me know the truth???

Dear Phil:

What a pleasure to hear from you. Thank you for contacting me to share your concerns regarding illegal immigration and to express your support for enforcement rather than amnesty for illegal immigrants. Hearing from constituents on issues of concern is important to me and our office as we work to represent our district.

America has an illegal immigration crisis because our border enforcement is inadequate. The illegal alien population in the U.S. has grown to more than 12 million, which puts our national security at risk. Congressional inquiries have revealed a number of illegal aliens working at sensitive and critical infrastructure sites like nuclear power plants and military installations. As a member of the Immigration Reform Caucus, I have fought for reforms that will stem the flow of illegal entry into the United States, and I have supported legislation to overhaul our border security, create new measures that would help employers verify the legal status of potential new employees, and oppose amnesty at every turn.

First and foremost, Congress must ensure that illegal immigrants cannot obtain valid drivers licenses and use those identification documents to further violate our laws to gain access to government services at taxpayer expense. As a state senator I led the effort to ensure that Tennessee driver licenses were not available to illegal aliens, and I've worked to pass the REAL ID Act in Congress, which was signed into law on May 11, 2005 as part of the Emergency Supplemental Wartime Appropriations Act. The REAL ID Act sets forth minimum standards for every state to follow when issuing a drivers license. This ensures that no one state can endanger the other 49 states with weak standards. In addition, a license cannot be issued without the applicant proving they are lawfully present in the United States.

Additionally, I authored the Photo Identification Security Act (H.R.1314), which would close a legal loophole in the Patriot Act that allows illegal immigrants access to the American financial sector through the acquisition of credit cards, mortgages and loans. This bill will require the U.S. Government and American financial institutions to accept only secure forms of identification. Only people who are in the United States legally will have these forms and will be the only ones able to receive federal benefits and conduct financial transactions in the U.S. The three acceptable forms of identification are (1) a foreign or U.S. passport; (2) a Citizenship and Immigration Services photo identification card; and (3) a social security card with a state or federal photo identification card.

H.R.1314 is currently under review in both to the House Financial Services and House Oversight and Government Reform Committees. You will also be pleased to know that Congressman Tom Price and I sent a formal letter to Chairman Barney Frank and Ranking Member Spencer Bachus of the House Financial Services Committee requesting an investigation into the practice of issuing credit cards to illegal immigrants by American financial institutions. Chairman Frank has asked the committee staff to look into our concerns.

I am also the lead cosponsor of the Charlie Norwood CLEAR Act of 2007. This legislation clarifies that local law enforcement agencies have the inherent authority to detain illegal aliens and enforce immigration laws within the normal course of their duties. Currently, the lines of jurisdiction over detaining illegal aliens are burdensome and confusing for state and local law enforcement agencies. At present, if a local or state law enforcement agent comes across an illegal alien, many are forced to call the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) to detain the alien. With the short staff at the DHS, this rarely if ever happens and illegal aliens are released into the streets. It is my hope that Congress will consider the Charlie Norwood CLEAR Act of 2007 soon.

I have consistently worked to make illegal immigration enforcement a priority in Congress, and I will not stop until the liberal majority at the U.S. House listens to the American people who are crying out for reform. Be assured that I will keep your views in mind and continue to play an active role in the immigration debate in the 110th Congress.

Please know that I appreciate both your interest and your time in contacting us on this issue. As the discussion and debate moves forward on this and other issues please feel free to visit our website at www.house.gov/blackburn where you can sign-up for our email update -- the Blackburn Report, updates on important issues; find information on constituent services; read columns, recent press and the latest legislative news; all of which affect and concern the people of Tennessee.

Sincerely,

Marsha Blackburn

Member of Congress

I do not understand what is going on people. Even there are several Demogods here in Tennessee that feel the same way as Republican Senator Bob Corker, Republican Senator Lamar Alexander, Republican Congresswoman Marsha Blackburn, Republican Representative Joey Hensley, Republican Representative Steve McDaniel, Republican Jennifer Weiss, etc...... and I could go on and on. Whats going on in the other states, why does your elected officials not see what is happening. I am so sick and tired of being sick and tired. Kick their butts out the next election and get elected officials in office in your states such as we do here in Tennessee...

Thank goodness for ALIPAC, we, the people of the US wouldn't have a chance if you didn't combine our voices. MANY of our leaders have forgotten what country they are part of. I do not understand why the politicians are pandering so to Mexico and the Mexicans, against Americans. Could it be they are working toward the North American Union. We must fight to keep the soveignty of our great country, AMERICA. WE MUST vote out anyone that is for Amnesty for Mexicans.
    These statements of Obama shows he has no plans to protect or put Americans first, but to tax us to pay and take a back seat to the Illegals.
    VOTE THEM OUT!!

Quote Originally Posted by crabette
    Thank goodness for ALIPAC, we, the people of the US wouldn't have a chance if you didn't combine our voices. MANY of our leaders have forgotten what country they are part of. I do not understand why the politicians are pandering so to Mexico and the Mexicans, against Americans. Could it be they are working toward the North American Union. We must fight to keep the soveignty of our great country, AMERICA. WE MUST vote out anyone that is for Amnesty for Mexicans.
    These statements of Obama shows he has no plans to protect or put Americans first, but to tax us to pay and take a back seat to the Illegals.
    VOTE THEM OUT!!
    welcome to Alipac crabette. We are pleased to have you in the fight for our country. You will be on the front lines of the battle with us. You aren't alone and we will win.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

WELCOME to alipac "crabette" thanks for joining us....

you are so right the key is vote congress out of office...the president can not do anything on illegal immigration without congress bringing a bill to his desk...this is how we will stop it!
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

crabette Welcome to ALIPAC nice ta see ya face in da place
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by florgal
    America's Newsroom (FOX this morning)
    Headline News (yesterday evening, I believe)
    Lou Dobbs (last night's show)

It has been on all three of these that I have seen.
    Also Hannity & Colmes. Couldn't find a video however. They were debating it with Bob Novak, Bay Buchanan and a blonde woman whose name I didn't catch.

MexiAmeraCanada is quietly being accomplished

I really believe our congress along with this president have been conspiring with Mexico and Canada to become one big happy family (not). Glenn Beck has made mention that Rudy Guliani's law firm has been involved in the hwy going from Mexico through the US to canada. All involved are very closed mouth and the operation gets very little press.

I believe we are intentionally being put off so they can complete is disgusting venture. That is why they want open borders....I am very angry with this president (he is not a conservative republican) and I can not stand McCain but I hate Obama, yes I said hate him.... he is a America Hater and no one wants to call him on it. I really believe our beautiful country will become nothing but a third world country and you have the leftist, elitist and the rich idiots who hate this country to blame.

Yes I am very angry at what is going on and I feel very helpless as most American's do.
    Huddy

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast