Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

There are only a few places in America that the government tries to keep "Illegal Alien" free. The most prominent are Military Installations, Airports, and Wal-Mart.

I will occasionally shop at Wal-Mart if it is convenient for me. Personally I think the only reason Wal-Mart is getting such a bad rap is because of the Unions.

Generally speaking I do not think Boycotts work.

The Miller Beer Company is a good example. Even though I would never drink Miller Beer, my own brand (Anheuser Busch) is just as guilty.

If we had to pick a company to go after I would vote for Home Depot, as I have stopped shopping there a long time ago.

R/ Skip

Illegal Hiring Is Rarely Penalized
    Politics, 9/11 Cited in Lax Enforcement

The Bush administration, which is vowing to crack down on U.S. companies that hire illegal workers, virtually abandoned such employer sanctions before it began pushing to overhaul U.S. immigration laws last year, government statistics show.

Between 1999 and 2003, work-site enforcement operations were scaled back 95 percent by the Immigration and Naturalization Service, which subsequently was merged into the Homeland Security Department. The number of employers prosecuted for unlawfully employing immigrants dropped from 182 in 1999 to four in 2003, and fines collected declined from $3.6 million to $212,000, according to federal statistics.

In 1999, the United States initiated fines against 417 companies.
    In 2004, it issued fine notices to three. (Wal-Mart was one of them)

In recent months, U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement, which succeeded the INS, has dramatically stepped up enforcement efforts. It won 127 criminal convictions last year, up from 46 in 2004, and obtained $15 million in settlements from an investigation of Wal-Mart and 12 subcontractors last fall, a spokesman said. Comparable figures before 2003 were not tracked, the agency said.

Continued 3 Pages
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/co ... 00613.html

By the way I just noticed that this thread is 2 years old.

Posted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 11:53 am

MW
    Skip wrote:

By the way I just noticed that this thread is 2 years old.

Posted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 11:53 am
    Now that you mention it...........

Thanks for bringing that to my attention, Skip. I was just getting ready to respond.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by Skip
    By the way I just noticed that this thread is 2 years old.President and Chief Executive Officer
    Until Mr. Lee Scott in Bentonville, AR is held accountable for breaking the immigration laws, Walmart executives will continue to enjoy a lot of laughs out of this (while they pat their illegal employees on the back).

What part of "We don't owe our jobs to India" are you unable to understand, Senator?

I have not been in a Wal-mart, it will be 2 years this November. This is a definate good reason not to shop there. There is also a long list of reasons not to give them your business. They have very unfair policies for people working there and who deliver to their stores. You could contact www.wakeupwalmart.com I belong to them and get info about Wal-mart all the time.

Hi Cassduit,

Here's another interesting link about the world's largest employer of illegals, http://walmartwatch.com/

Beside being
    -- Number 1 employer of illegals
    -- Number 1 Communist Chinese factory outlet

They also outsource their back office functions to Bang-town, India, and, hell, I wouldn't be a bit surprised if they have some H-1B visa card holders on the payroll.

Yeah, you're right, Cassduit; the list of reasons to stay off their property is long!

Coto

What part of "We don't owe our jobs to India" are you unable to understand, Senator?

I stopped going to Walmart long ago.
    “In questions of power…let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution.” –Thomas Jefferson

I will only go to Walmart as a last resort.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast