Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

The link is appreciated. I'm as interested in controlling the tide of illegals as anyone else is.

The rest of the knee-jerk reaction and "if you don't agree with me, get out of my country" attitude isn't. Don't forget that we all get to have our opinions and viewpoints. Even that guy with the sign in the picture. (assuming it's a real picture. I have my doubts because it's just SO out in left field.)

I might think he's a complete <expletive deleted> for having a sign like that, but he still gets to do it. We don't get to play cowboy and shoot him or something just because we don't like it.

THAT is what makes our country great.

In response to this, though:

and anyone that is inside the US that is loyal to Mexico instead of American had better get out of our political affairs NOW.
    Or what?

Seriously, I've never been to Mexico, I'm certainly not "loyal to Mexico", but what's this "had better get out" stuff mean?

in other words, politicians and embassies or anyone related to a foreign government does not have a RIGHT TO demand to the US government that their people be given special treatment because their people are in this country illegally

example. the president of mexico telling the US that we can NOT enforce our own immigration laws.

Well, they do have a right to demand. They just can't back up the demand with anything if we say "no".

We demand things of other nations all the time. The difference is that we're the ones with the economic and military power to go in and back our demands up by force if they say "no" to us. (Which I don't think is always a good move on our part.)

have we ever gone into a country and told that government to leave our people alone, even if they are in that country illegally?? i dont think so

they are looking out for their citizens whom they have forced to leave but it does not give them the right to tell american people that we much accept the people from another country. especially those who violate our laws by entering illegally, probably being in possession of stolen or forged documents.

go check out mexico immigration laws and compare them to ours

http://www.humanevents.com/article.php?id=14632

JAK
    We have the right to expect our laws to be enforced ALL of them INCLUDING our immigration laws. We expect these laws to be enforced for ALL illegal aliens no matter where they are from or what color their skin is, but lets get real... most of the illegal immigration in this country is from Mexico. I don't call that being racist or discriminating against Mexicans...
    The American citizens hands have been tied by this political correctness bull!

Why is it that mexico and every other country in the world is allowed to protect it's borders and we are called racist if we want the same.
    Other countries are allowed to have immigration laws, but we're lower than dirt if we expect the same. mexico is a hippocritical and corrupt country! Our government has become corrupt but for the most part the American citizen is still decent and honest, but allowing this corrupt minded illegal aliens AMNESTY into our country will end that!
    These people DO NOT assimilate, period!
    Please help save America for our children and grandchildren... they are counting on us. THEY DESERVE the goodness of AMERICA not to be given to those who are stealing our children's future! ... and a congress who works for THEM!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

The image is fake! Here is the real one!

As you can see, it's really easy to fake these things. This sign was done in about five minutes, so it's not too perfect. If more time was taken it would look alot better. We need to stick to the truth and not let the bad people in the world manipulate us with their lies. Illegal immigration needs to be stopped and we need to secure our borders, but we can't lower ourselves to let the racists and extremists lead us in this fight!

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity
    Not to derail the thread or anything...but I stumbled across this while investigating the photo and figured I'd weigh in on something.

You guys all seem to have a lot of anger toward "Mexicans". I won't call it racism, but there really does seem to be a lot of anger just toward one specific type of person with that Us vs. Them attitude.

What I'm wondering is...why aren't you angrier at the American businesses that enable these illegals? The ones who - through nefarious intent or just willful ignorance - employ these illegals and give them reason to come and stay?

You want to stem the tide of illegals? Take away one of their big reasons for coming here to begin with. As long as American businesses effectively shelter, feed, clothe, and are...well, aiding and abetting these illegals...they'll never stop coming.
    Most of the others that are violating the laws are smart enough to know they are violating the laws and have a respect for some of those that are defending their country.

They may also be smart enough to know that without those that support the laws of the land this place wouldn't be the place it is or the place to be.

I don't think many here would have much respect for citizens of another country that allowed an invasion like we are seeing here happening in their country and saying, "Bend me over and stick it to me!" like some do here.

Look around at what is going down.

The lowlifes are lowlifes no matter what color you try to paint them.

And your right about the business thing;

Here is my two-step plan.

We may have to kiss the keisters of the illegal invaders, it is still a felony to aid and abet them.

If some honest men and women in law enforcement, would go after the lowlifes in the government, business, and the general population that have been aiding and abetting them, by the time they had enough of a handle on the job to raise their heads and look around, I don’t think many illegal aliens would still be left.

We don't need any new laws to do this either. Just some honest men and women in law enforcement that take their oaths of office seriously!

Finding them is the first step!

Federal Immigration and Nationality Act
    Section 8 USC 1324(a)(1)(A)(iv)(B)(ii)

"Any person who . . . encourages or induces an alien to . . . reside . . . knowing or in reckless disregard of the fact that such . . . residence is . . . in violation of law, shall be punished as provided . . . for each alien in respect to whom such a violation occurs . . . fined under title 18 . . . imprisoned not more than 5 years, or both."
    Section 274 felonies under the federal Immigration and Nationality Act, INA 274A(a)(1)(A):
    A person (including a group of persons, business, organization, or local government) commits a federal felony when she or he:
    * assists an alien s/he should reasonably know is illegally in the U.S. or who lacks employment authorization, by transporting, sheltering, or assisting him or her to obtain employment, or
    * encourages that alien to remain in the U.S. by referring him or her to an employer or by acting as employer or agent for an employer in any way, or
    * knowingly assists illegal aliens due to personal convictions.

I've been discussing the issue of illegal immigration with a lot of people. One thing I've found is you can't tell by color which side of the law a person stands on.

I passed around a petition a while back and disregarded color while asking for signatures. My guess was I was running at least fifty fifty at worst. If I would have kept better records I would imagine it would run more like 66% to 33% at least, across the board in favor of upholding our countries immigration laws.

Try it some time yourself. People will surprise with how great they are.

I just came across a post that sort of backs up my last post in this thread.

"alfogue

We got news for you; we do not want this scum here in Mexico. We have seen their kind behave horribly in public places along the border towns. They boast of being American giving the US a bad rap. They show off as how great they have it over there, compared to us here. We pity them because they have no country, in the US they wish to be Mexican and here they brag about being American. To the girl complaining on the video, it is green, white and red…pocha. You are stuck with them, Largo cabrones!
    Saturday, May 08, 2010 at 5:24 AM"

It is from a comment on a news article about the kids being kicked out of school for their American flag shirts.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2010/05/07...iscussion-form

Why are we a nations of dumb-asses?

Come on, now - It is obvious that the guy in the photo is an American with a sarcastic in-your-face response to the illegal immigration problem.

It has been our lack of being able to read between the lines, that has allowed the immigration problem to get out of hand.

We have allowed them to bully us into not enforcing our borders and laws through whining and political correctness. Now, the same emotional rhetoric that allowed them to mass migrate and stay is clouding the issue. Pull your heads out - just because he is of Hispanic heritage doesn’t mean he is on the wrong side. I have many hispanic friends who are here correctly, and legally. They and their ancestors have paid their dues. They all are both irratated and upset with the illegals and the loopholes in our laws that allow them to pour accross our borders unchecked.

Don't jump to conclusions - Read the sign and put it into context... ask yourself, what reasonable immigrant would post such language... His goal would be to convince us to ignore him or convince us that we are wrong, not the other way around.

This guy is in the thick of it bringing a [legitimate] argument to their face.

I applaud him...