Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

RR-- there are probably about 10,000 threads here where you could find many answers and many links to traditional journalism etc.

no I have not been to NYC - there are many threads about the city-in that you have a million illegals waiting to greet you when you get back there-
    in queens - long island there is a great deal of upheaval and fury over illegal immigration;
    do searchs
    and some activist in NYC thinks that illegals civil rights are being hurt and they should be given the vote. yes the vote! I mean we shouldn't exclude them - so what if that was a right of citizens????
    perhaps you come from one of the affluent classes who expect that the pedros and marias will remain loyal servants to the upper classes? This is the only reason I can imagine that you're family and friends are oblivous

no I have not been to NYC - there are many threads about the city-in that you have a million illegals waiting to greet you when you get back there- in queens - long island there is a great deal of upheaval and fury over illegal immigration;
    Well, i'm from lower Manhattan ( East Broadway ) and close to Chinatown. Yes, maybe there're some asian illegal aliens, I don't know. I'm not going to ask them. A million illegal aliens waiting for me ?? Than why didn't I notice them a few months ago as I travel to NYC about 3 times a year ? I don't know about LI, but that's from west to east about 3 hours ride and I have no business going on there, so I don't come there. Queens ? Well, JFK is in Queens. I've got family working and living in Queens and at JFK. But I've never heard them talk on illegal immigration.
    and now they're not rich, just hard working people. And I speak from experience, Thelma. You see, just like I told JJ and he agreed with me as there's so much conflicting reports on an issue on the internet which makes it hard for me to believe what's true and what's not. I'm from NYC, born and raised, and I feel that there's no complaining about illegal immigration. We're america's most liberal city ( probably next to SF and Boston ) and most of New Yorkers care more about the Mets, Yankees, making money.

and some activist in NYC thinks that illegals civil rights are being hurt and they should be given the vote. yes the vote! I mean we shouldn't exclude them - so what if that was a right of citizens????
    That's insane to demand voting rights for illegal aliens, but it doesn't surprise me that there're nyc activists around. New York is liberal, New york will give Hillary the presidency and New York is not seen as America by most tourists. It's just seen as a separate special place. That's why I love nyc and proud 2b a New Yorker. I don't know Hillary's stance on illegal immigration, but you can bet that NYC will back her, including me.
    And in the NYC I believe in is that anyone is welcome. I don't care if you're black, white, asian, hispanic, arab, jew, mixed, native or whatsoever are. to me everyone is welcome as long as you try to be a New Yorker. speak our language, respect our behavior - we're seen to be rude and unpersonal - but we're just people who're always in a hurry.

perhaps you come from one of the affluent classes who expect that the pedros and marias will remain loyal servants to the upper classes? This is the only reason I can imagine that you're family and friends are oblivous
    Like most americans, my parents also had to work hard to make a decent living. so we're not upscale. my parents make more money than average - otherwise they couldn't send me to Holland to atten university - but they still worked very hard for it. We don't have servants either.

I've got to go and will answer JJ post tomorrow.
    It's already weekend here !

Have a great weekend.

D.

And I’m wondering how they get those fake ID’s.
    Well, about five years ago, they had a nice little shop set up in Austin Texas to make them. They are all over the country now. Problem is, they haven't come up with an ID that can't be faked yet.

And just so you know, the illegals don't come with a passport. They just walk across the border. Some, actually many, are enticed to go to the Mexican consulate to get what is called a "Matricular" card. What that amounts to is they tell some guy behind a desk, with no proof whatsoever that they are telling the truth, that their name is Jose Jesus Johnson and they were born in Chihuahua City or whatever and the guy takes his picture and prints him up an ID card. They use that ID card to get a drivers license, a bank account any any other thing they need an ID to get and nobody seems to care that it is probably not even the person's name who carries it. It is truly bizarre, returning-resident.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

JJ,

Well, I might have said it wrong about Catholics regarding birth control and the reason why they have so many kids. What I actually referred to is that the reason they have so many kids is because of the religion in general. Whether you’re a Catholic, Muslim or what other religion, most religions teach people that sex is only for procreation. Like Bush said ones that’s better for people to stay virgin until they marry. But hey, who’s a virgin when he or she marries nowadays ? Hardly anyone.

Yesterday, I watched an interesting program here in Holland ( Het programma “ tegenlicht “ op Nederland 3 ) and it was about Columbia and there was a young man who had children with 6 different 16-20 year old girls and the girls were breeding like rabbits and they couldn’t even support the children financially. That so insane and irresponsible to make babies while you can’t support them. And they were telling the reporter that they’d consider to go to the USA to escape the armed conflict in Columbia and to seek a better life. Although they will probably not make it as it’s too far to travel from that country to the US.

So you work in the schools on the border, then I believe what you’re saying. I’ve never been to our Southern border, but you’ve experience and I assume that you know what you’re talking about. I think it suits anyone’s interest when English/ American would be our national language. But I think that’s not going to happen as lobby groups for Hispanics have a lot of power. But what people speak at home, that will be their business. My grandparents spoke German at home, but English in their daily life.

Nice that your son went to the Netherlands and that he speaks Dutch. I speak Dutch too as I’ve been here for 5 years now. But Dutch was not that difficult to me as I knew some German as my ancestors were from Germany and I had always been interested learning that language. And German and Dutch are totally different languages with different words, but they have almost the same the sound and pronunciation. I understand some Swedish as my girlfriend is from there. I would encourage other Americans to learn a different language, I mean, it can always be useful. Well, if your son likes to, we can msn messenger in Dutch.

Yes, NYC is a melting pot, a melting pot that all speak the same language. When I walk the streets of Chinatown and I ask an Asian something in English, he always replies in English. We also have many Hispanics but when I talk to them, they speak English. More people in NYC are from the Dominican Republic and not from Puerto Rico. We’ve many from Puerto Rico, but most Puerto Ricans are in Florida, I think.

The immigrants can demand that their children must be taught in Spanish as we don’t have an official language. Well, I support one official language, but it will be probably be 2. Spanish and English, just like the Canadians have French and English. But 2 official languages in not really a problem. Many countries have more official languages.

I will see how the Bay area will be when I get there. But what I don’t understand is that one of your sisters moved to the Northern part of Ca. I think there’re illegals all along the Pacific Coast. I think that the states that are illegal free are mostly the Southern / Confederate States.
    I don’t know if it’s Mexico’s policy to take back California and Texas. They will probably achieve it by demographic means within 10 years or so with their legal and illegal immigrants, but they won’t wage a war against us. We’ll wipe their asses.

You don’t need to prove me anything, JJ. I believe you. You seem to be an honest person, so I believe you when you say that things have changed a lot back in the US because of illegal immigration. And that illegal aliens get anything they want and can demand anything.

Fake ID’s – So the Mexicans cross our borders without a passport ???
    And they can easily obtain a matricular card by just saying that they were born in Mexico and what their name is with no further background checks ??
    So what you actually say is that also a person from Iran can claim to be born in Mexico and makes up a Spanish name and get a matricular card and with that card the Iranian can live in the US and plot attacks against us too ?

D

I'm getting into this thread late in the game but, returning_resident, as I suggested in an earlier thread, if you read the transcripts from the Lou Dobbs' show every night, he will have SOMETHING on the illegal immigration problem. It is not some FAR OUT website nor is Lou some far-right activist. He just presents the facts. That is just about the best NEWS source I could recommend if you want the FACTS.

I do agree with you that, because these ILLEGAL HISPANICS are Catholic, they are a lot less likely to practice birth control. They ALSO BENEFIT every time they have a baby in the US because that baby becomes their TICKET to all of the free services afforded CITIZENS. I should say services afforded POOR CITIZENS. And, I'm sure they learn very quickly how to play the system. Either they claim the father doesn't live in the home or that they aren't married thereby qualifying those ANCHOR BABIES for MEDICAID, FOOD STAMPS, WIC and on and on ad infinitum. OR, if the father gets paid under the table, there are no Social Security or tax records so Social Services can't prove that they DO have an income.

You speak of drivers' licenses and the supposed difficulty in forging them. Are you AWARE of how many COUNTERFEIT DRIVERS' LICENSES were held by the 9/11 hijackers??? Between the 19 hijackers, there were DOZENS of licenses from different states.

You feel the problem is isolated to the SW states but North Carolina is CRAWLING with them. ALSO, there was a situation back several months ago on LONG ISLAND where one of the City officials EVICTED a houseful of them because they were living like 40 to a house, defecating in THE YARD, playing loud music night and day and causing a general nuisance in the neighborhood. And, you wouldn't BELIEVE the hue and cry from the bleeding hearts. I can't remember this city official's last name but his first name was "Steve". SOMEWHERE, on the discussion boards, you will find an article about this and you will also find copies of emails that a LOT of us sent to him PRAISING HIM for his actions.

I really don't know what other kind of PROOF you need and I do find it difficult to believe that you can't find that proof on the internet.
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton

hi Bootsie ! good morning

Fake ID’s – So the Mexicans cross our borders without a passport ???
    And they can easily obtain a matricular card by just saying that they were born in Mexico and what their name is with no further background checks ??
    So what you actually say is that also a person from Iran can claim to be born in Mexico and makes up a Spanish name and get a matricular card and with that card the Iranian can live in the US and plot attacks against us too ?
    I don't know that an Iranian could get a matricular card because I would imagine that the recipient would have to speak Mexican-style Spanish in order to qualify. But there is no telling what a government such as the Mexican Government which is only in it for the money would do.

Most people in Mexico, just like most people in the US, don't even possess a passport. Only those who have traveled to foreign lands have passports as a general rule.

Also, anyone from here and anyone from Mexico can cross back and forth across the border just to go shopping if they want to. There are trolly cars to take Americans across the border to keep us from getting our vehicless stolen but many people still drive across. You have to realize that many of the citizens in this city are legal naturalized citizens from Mexico or 2nd and 3rd generation mexicans. Many don't consider themselves Americans at all, but many do.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

You don't even have to have a passport to go back and forth from the US to Mexico or Canada--just a birth certificate if I'm not mistaken. I know I didn't have to have one to go to the Bahamas and I went to Mexico but I don't THINK I had to have a Passport although I had one. But, if I remember correctly, I think I was told that a birth certificate would suffice.
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton

I don't know that an Iranian could get a matricular card because I would imagine that the recipient would have to speak Mexican-style Spanish in order to qualify. But there is no telling what a government such as the Mexican Government which is only in it for the money would do.
    I had read something once that some Middle Easterners had obtained that Matricular card. but that was as far as I can remember on the website of americanpatrol.com. But i'm not for sure.

Most people in Mexico, just like most people in the US, don't even possess a passport. Only those who have traveled to foreign lands have passports as a general rule.
    I know, a US driver's license + a birth certificate is enough for travelling to Mexico and Canada. But I needed an US passport to be allowed into The Netherlands. And as I intended to stay more then 3 months, I needed a visa too stapled into my passport.

You have to realize that many of the citizens in this city are legal naturalized citizens from Mexico or 2nd and 3rd generation mexicans. Many don't consider themselves Americans at all, but many do.
    Well, it took the Irish and the Italians also a few generation to assimilate into our culture, so I tihnk we must give the LEGAL Mexican - americans the benefit of the doubt.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast