Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Well, it took the Irish and the Italians also a few generation to assimilate into our culture, so I tihnk we must give the LEGAL Mexican - americans the benefit of the doubt.
    The flaw in this argument is that the Hispanics don't seem to WANT to ASSIMILATE. They seem to want US to ASSIMILATE into THEIR CULTURE. If you think about it, when early generations of immigrants came to our country from Ireland, France, Germany, Italy, etc., we did NOT make sure that ALL SERVICES were provided for THEM in THEIR NATIVE TONGUE. We EXPECTED them to learn our language WHICH THEY DID. By virtue of the fact that our GOVERNMENT has chosen to provide every IMAGINABLE SERVICE to Hispanics in SPANISH, they have more or less DISCOURAGED them from learning the language of our country. As you, of all people, should know, immersion is the best way to learn a language of a foreign country. I bet you were speaking passable Dutch within a month or two, weren't you? I realize that Amsterdam, in particular, does provide a lot of services in English and a LOT of the people do speak English but, in the smaller towns, I bet you haven't found that luxury. And, as you also know, Europeans respect Americans a LOT more if they see they are TRYING to communicate in their language.

So, there is a very good reason that Hispanics are not speaking English. Who would BOTHER if they were able to access EVERYTHING they needed in SPANISH???
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton

I'm getting into this thread late in the game but, returning_resident, as I suggested in an earlier thread, if you read the transcripts from the Lou Dobbs' show every night, he will have SOMETHING on the illegal immigration problem. It is not some FAR OUT website nor is Lou some far-right activist. He just presents the facts. That is just about the best NEWS source I could recommend if you want the FACTS. I really don't know what other kind of PROOF you need and I do find it difficult to believe that you can't find that proof on the internet.
    I know that you mentioned the website of LOU Dobbs and I know he's a relaible person. JJ and I were just discussing that it's hard what to believe what is correct information and what not. Lou dobbs talks about immigration but that's only limited. Just a small part of the show as far as I can make that up from the transcripts.

Either they claim the father doesn't live in the home or that they aren't married thereby qualifying those ANCHOR BABIES for MEDICAID, FOOD STAMPS, WIC and on and on ad infinitum. OR, if the father gets paid under the table, there are no Social Security or tax records so Social Services can't prove that they DO have an income.
    The sysyem really sucks that anchor babies and their parents get almost everything. but what do you suggest ? That we change the 14th amendment ? I don't think that will happen, so it's better to spend time on focussing to get the illegal aliens out and worry later on what to do with the anchor babies and their parents. Just start with deporting now and we'll see later what the future brings.

Are you AWARE of how many COUNTERFEIT DRIVERS' LICENSES were held by the 9/11 hijackers??? Between the 19 hijackers, there were DOZENS of licenses from different states.
    No, I was not aware of that

You feel the problem is isolated to the SW states but North Carolina is CRAWLING with them.
    well there are probably some illegal aliens in the Deep south, but not that many I guess. It's a long way to travel from the Mexican border to the South. And most Mexicans are not from the border area but from Southern Mexico. they can't afford to travel from Southern Mexico to the South.

BELIEVE ME, returning_resident. North Carolina has one of the fastest-growing rates of illegal immigration in the country. THEY GET HERE.

You might be intested in reading this post:

https://www.alipac.us/ftopicp-72622.html#72622
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton

The flaw in this argument is that the Hispanics don't seem to WANT to ASSIMILATE. If you think about it, when early generations of immigrants came to our country from Ireland, France, Germany, Italy, etc., we did NOT make sure that ALL SERVICES were provided for THEM in THEIR NATIVE TONGUE. We EXPECTED them to learn our language WHICH THEY DID.
    yes, you're right on this. That Hispanics get services in Spanish. I didn't look to it that way. My fault.

I bet you were speaking passable Dutch within a month or two, weren't you? I realize that Amsterdam, in particular, does provide a lot of services in English and a LOT of the people do speak English but, in the smaller towns, I bet you haven't found that luxury. And, as you also know, Europeans respect Americans a LOT more if they see they are TRYING to communicate in their language.
    well, you under estimate the difficulty of the Germanic languages like German and Dutch. It's not easy, it's very difficult. Most americans in my class need about a year to speak the language. It didn't take me that long as I knew some German before I went to The Netherlands. and German sounds like Dutch. Yes, most Dutch people speak German and English as a foreign language, EVEN in the small towns. English is a language that Dutch children must learn, they can't skip it later on just like they can skip and not to choose history classes. Europeans don't only respect americans trying to learn their language. Asian students here that try to speak Dutch are respected too. turkish people who have been here for 25 years and still don't speak Dutch are not respected and most feel they should either learn the language or be deported.

Bootsie,

I just read the link you gave, but it didn't mentiona that it was in The South.

It's estimated NC has 400,000+ illegal immigrants. Plus how many, nobody knows.

This is no longer a border state issue. Since nothing was ever done to protect the southern border, illegals have migrated through the US.

Interesting reading at http://www.cis.org/
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

thanx for the website. It really looks interesting and with fair information.

No, it didn't and it might not have been. I'll have to find you something that is SPECIFIC to North Carolina. But, it's the same all over the country as far as the DRAIN on states' resources.

No nee to search for me, bootsie. I can try to searh myself using google. but then it's just the question if that information found by google is reliable. That's the problem with the internet. Too many conlficting information.

You do have to be careful about what you read on the internet.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast