Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by Bowman
    It would be better since Absolut is now owned by a French company to just show Germany circa 1941 (when France was part of Germany) and in German say "In an Absolut World". How do you think they would like that?
    According to the email I got from the french company, and many other websites, this company just won an acquisition bid one week ago. They have not actually bought Absolut yet. The deal originally was supposed to close in July. I don't know if they have had second thoughts on going through with the acquisition or not.
    Proud American and wife of a wonderful LEGAL immigrant from Ireland.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing." -Edmund Burke (1729-1797) Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I read that the deal was completed. Not sure how accurate the sources were.

As an investor I would not touch anything with the name Absolut on it. I have a feeling that the steam is just starting to build. This could get very ugly.

I brought the Absolut issue up with a bar owner tonight as I was watching the first half of the game. He is thinking about pulling Absolut off the shelves after he double checks some things.

Just keep passing the word!! I was, and usually am on a sports board when I am on the internet. Guess what the topic is tonight? Yep...Absolut vodka. We aren't the only ones talking about it.
    <div>"You know your country is dying when you have to make a distinction between what is moral and ethical, and what is legal." -- John De Armond</div>

Quote Originally Posted by cayla99
    According to the email I got from the french company, and many other websites, this company just won an acquisition bid one week ago. They have not actually bought Absolut yet. The deal originally was supposed to close in July. I don't know if they have had second thoughts on going through with the acquisition or not.
    Well, I still think the following would make a good ad for Absolut in Germany:
    http://www.halfvalue.com/wiki.jsp?topic ... map_en.png

You know when I was vacationing in Europe the French and Dutch complained about all the snobby Germany tourists who acted like they owned the place! I think they despised the Germans even more than American tourists!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

AE

I was, and usually am on a sports board when I am on the internet. Guess what the topic is tonight? Yep...Absolut vodka. We aren't the only ones talking about it.
    Article, that is really good to know. I am sure it has been the top subject of many people lately. I plan to spread the word to all I know (although none are drinkers) still they need to know to at least email the company as we all have).
    “In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot.â€

lol - Just as I was reading this thread an Absolut commercial came on the TV (Comedy Central - was watching Colbert). Now, there's another angle we can work to help discourage any business dealings with V&S (Absolut) too.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by butterbean

Really? IS THAT HOW MEXICICANS REALLY FEEL? According to Lou Dobbs on 4/7- 50% of Mexicans feel that Americans stole their land and therefore have the right to enter America because it is their land.
    I wonder why the Mexicans don't believe that they stole Mexico from the Spanish, who stole it from the indigenous Indians? What backwards thinking. Mexicans didn't pay Spain for Mexico. Maybe Spain should take it back? Yet we paid generously for this land after we beat their buts in war and Mexicans feel they can steal it back. Go figure.
    Certified Member
    The Sons of the Republic of Texas

I just received this email from Pernod Ricard who is acquiring Absolut

Dear XXXXXX,

We, as Pernod Ricard, were also shocked and have immediatly asked V&S to stop this ad although we are still not owners ....

We will only be officially in charge after the closing, some time during next summer ...

But I hope V&S has followed our instructions and removed this shocking ad ...

Denis FIEVET
    Directeur Communication Financière
    et Relations Investisseurs
    Vice President Financial Communication
    and Investor Relations
    Tel: 00 33 (0)1 41 00 42 02
    Fax: 00 33 (0)1 41 00 42 32

Catherine SERVIER
    Investor Relations
    Assistant to Denis FIEVET
    Tel 01 41 00 41 71
    Fax 01 41 00 42 32

Yahoo just put the Absolut story on its homepage as the headline story:

http://www.yahoo.com

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20080408/us_ ... absolut_dc
    "We have decided man doesn't need a backbone any more; to have one is old-fashioned. Someday we're going to slip it back on." - William Faulkner

The deal will be worth much less when the sales figures for the next Quarter come out!

I hope we can get the boycott going.