Page 1 of 21 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Absolut Vodka's advertisement in Mexico

William asked me to post this regarding Absolut Vodka's advertisement.

He would like your comments regarding the following statement.

Dixie

By way of background, I'm told this ad in the magazine was a one-time
    insertion, and will not appear again. As for the billboard, it was
    removed April 1, in accordance with the timeline of the campaign;
    therefore, the ads are no longer running.

STATEMENT
    The In An Absolut World advertising campaign invites consumers to
    visualize a world that appeals to them -- one they feel may be more
    idealized or one that may be a bit "fantastic." As such, the campaign
    will elicit varying opinions and points of view. We have a variety of
    executions running in countries worldwide, and each is germane to that
    country and that population.

This particular ad, which ran in Mexico and has run its course, was
    based upon historical perspectives and was created with a Mexican
    sensibility. In no way was this meant to offend or disparage, nor does
    it advocate an altering of borders, nor does it lend support to any
    anti-American sentiment, nor does it reflect immigration issues.
    Instead, it hearkens to a time which the population of Mexico may feel
    was more ideal.

As a global company, we recognize that people in different parts of the
    world may lend different perspectives or interpret our ads in a
    different way than was intended in that market, and for that we
    apologize.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Dixie, Absolut stirred up an American sized hornets nest! They had better get ready to adjust the financials because rest assured, the money will flow out like blood!
    ...I call on you in the name of Liberty, of patriotism & everything dear to the American character, to come to our aid...

William Barret Travis
    Letter From The Alamo Feb 24, 1836

They knew exactly what they were doing and what it implied when they ran that ad. If thats an apology, they can stick it........
    “In questions of power…let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution.” –Thomas Jefferson

I'm sorry, but if they are existing within a "global community" then it is their responsibility not to do anything which offends ANY member of that "global community" and that includes We the People.

At least that's what we're told when it comes to anything American, Christian, etc. and what applies to us should apply to everyone, right?

Sorry, couldn't resist the sarcasim........it came with my gene pool.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by azwreath
    I'm sorry, but if they are existing within a "global community" then it is their responsibility not to do anything which offends ANY member of that "global community" and that includes We the People.

At least that's what we're told when it comes to anything American, Christian, etc. and what applies to us should apply to everyone, right?

Sorry, couldn't resist the sarcasim........it came with my gene pool.
    I second this statement
    Proud American and wife of a wonderful LEGAL immigrant from Ireland.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing." -Edmund Burke (1729-1797) Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

As my husband said "What a crock"!!

As for the billboard, it was removed April 1, in accordance with the timeline of the campaign; therefore, the ads are no longer running.
    I would like to know how long this billboard was up, and do we know for sure that they removed it. I am sure every copy of this ad was destroyed

created with a Mexican sensibility.
    Is sensibility one of those code words. I am beginning to think the world doesn't think that Americans have feelings.

As a global company, we recognize that people in different parts of the world may lend different perspectives or interpret our ads in a
    different way than was intended in that market, and for that we
    apologize.
    They will not apologize or admit they were wrong to the American people because they don't want to offend the Mexican sensibilities. I say that is not good enough.

In my Absolut World; I see a ocean between our southern borders and Mexico. I see the Absolut company putting their ads in an empty Absolut bottle and throwing it in the ocean, but alas it never reaches our shores.

I will still boycott Absolut!!!

I didn't see the ad, and probably can't watch it online . My system kicks off on most sites .

But I have seen some bad commercials on tv . Some from NFL and other major so called American groups .

Jaquars coach just signed a 5 yr. contract for $20,000000 . Where does all this money come from ?

I have already sent them a strongly worded letter of what I thought of their apology. I asked if they would consider it funny to run an ad in Germany, showing Poland as part of that country. According to my husband, the Poles would have rioted in the streets.

This was an intentional insult to Americans. I could not care less WHO the ad was targeting. I could not care less if it has already run its course. This is just the beginning as far as I am concerned. After that flippant response, I want her fired, and personally, would be happy with nothing less.

I also have written Pernod Ricard USA, suggesting that they put of the acquisition of this company. I told them, concerning the climate, it would be a very shaky business decision.
    Proud American and wife of a wonderful LEGAL immigrant from Ireland.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing." -Edmund Burke (1729-1797) Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

THAT WAS A VERY WEAK APOLOGY TO ME.

In no way was this meant to offend or disparage, nor does
    it advocate an altering of borders, nor does it lend support to any
    anti-American sentiment, nor does it reflect immigration issues.
    That ad MEANT ALL OF THE ABOVE.

They've got themselves into a huge mess, and will have to come up with more than a few brief sentences for Americans to foget their traitorous mistakes.
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by cayla99
    I have already sent them a strongly worded letter of what I thought of their apology. I asked if they would consider it funny to run an ad in Germany, showing Poland as part of that country. According to my husband, the Poles would have rioted in the streets.

This was an intentional insult to Americans. I could not care less WHO the ad was targeting. I could not care less if it has already run its course. This is just the beginning as far as I am concerned. After that flippant response, I want her fired, and personally, would be happy with nothing less.

I also have written Pernod Ricard USA, suggesting that they put of the acquisition of this company. I told them, concerning the climate, it would be a very shaky business decision.
    I agree Cayla, Ricard needs to stop any thoughts of acquisition of this company. It's name has been forever tarnished in the eyes of Americans and since there are many other brands for this type of product, some superior, it would be a risky venture.

I love this Absolut World view:

In my Absolut World; I see a ocean between our southern borders and Mexico. I see the Absolut company putting their ads in an empty Absolut bottle and throwing it in the ocean, but alas it never reaches our shores.

Page 1 of 21 1234511 ... LastLast