Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Nice to have a voice.

Thanks to all that are fighting the fight. I found out about this site a few weeks ago and keep up as much as possible. As you can read I am no fan of Sheriff Schatzman, and his stance on this issue was a slap in the face. As for his opinion not changing, he has said" legalize them there are too many to catch, then shut the boarders."
    I think it's a little too late to shut the door once the fox is in the hen house. It's time to run the fox out.

Welcome to ALIPAC, locallaw4u. It's great to have you aboard. I was at William Gheen's talk at the community college. The good sheriff did not seem too enthused when the talk about 287(g) focused on him. There was one lady in attendance that was quite vocal and took him to task a bit. He'll be hearing a lot more in the near future, I'm sure. I'm not sure when he's next up for election but if he doesn't endorse 287(g), it will likely come up to bite him.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

It is 2010 ( unfortunately). What upsets me the most is that he, and ones like him have no understanding what this effort at globalization is doing to OUR communities. I am not a zealot or self righteous red neck, but we have laws and proper procedures that make our nation civilized. If these people want to come here and live: fine but do it legally. Sheriff William Schatzman, and many more political prostitutes need to be called to task. Their efforts at blocking effective tools, such as 287 g, is nothing more than pandering to the Hispanic's who have put money into the campaign coffers.

Unfortunately, the most negative of human qualities often shows up in our politicians and bureaucrats...Greed + Money = Power. And they'll do anything to keep the cycle going. All we can do is expose these individuals and get them booted in the next elections. Meanwhile, those under their dominion suffer. With the invasion of illegals (20-30 million nationally, well over 600,000 in North Carolina), it is no time for an official to bury his head in the sand and hide behind the skirts of PC. Since your in law enforcement, check out the press release on the ICE website ( www.ice.gov ). Distribute it to your fellow officers and those you come in contact with. At least, they'll be informed about 287(g) and perhaps they can push for action from their position while citizens push at their end. I'll post the press release below:

News Releases
    August 21, 2007

New ICE ACCESS program highlights various law enforcement partnerships

ICE and locals working together in different ways, for maximum effectiveness

WASHINGTON, DC - U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) today announces the new ICE ACCESS (Agreements of Cooperation in Communities to Enhance Safety and Security) program. ICE ACCESS will provide local law enforcement agencies an opportunity to team with ICE to combat specific challenges in their communities.

"Local law enforcement agencies have shown tremendous interest in working with ICE," said Department of Homeland Security Assistant Secretary, Julie L. Myers, who oversees ICE. "Combining federal, state and local resources has proven successful in safeguarding the public. Now, we want to build on that success by using ICE's unique authorities to further aid communities who seek our assistance."

ICE developed the ACCESS program in response to the widespread interest from local law enforcement agencies that have requested ICE partnerships through the 287(g) program, which cross-designates local officers to enforce immigration law as authorized through section 287(g) of the Immigration and Nationality Act. In the past two years, the 287(g) program has identified more than 22,000 illegal aliens for possible deportation. More than 60 municipal, county, and state agencies nationwide have requested 287(g) MOAs with ICE and more than 400 local and state officers have been trained under the program.

The 287g program is only one component under the ICE ACCESS umbrella of services and programs offered for assistance to local law enforcement officers. Other ICE ACCESS enforcement options include the creation of local task forces targeting specific challenges like gangs or document fraud, the presence of a Criminal Alien Program (CAP) team in local detention facilities to identify criminal aliens, or training to utilize the ICE Law Enforcement Support Center (LESC) which provides officers the ability to inquire about a person's immigration and criminal history. One especially successful joint initiative is Operation Community Shield, a national program aimed at dismantling violent transnational gangs that threaten the public.

"Operation Community Shield is an excellent example of the outstanding relationship the Miami-Dade Police Department has fostered with local, state and federal law enforcement agencies," said Miami-Dade Police Department Assistant Director James Loftus. "Law enforcement working together with each other, as well as with the community, can and will continue to make a difference."

ICE agents and officers will meet with agencies requesting ICE ACCESS assistance to assess local needs. Based upon these assessments, ICE and local agencies will determine which type of partnership is most beneficial and sustainable before entering into an official agreement.

Law enforcement agencies interested in reviewing the myriad of enforcement programs under the ICE ACCESS program are encouraged to call their local ICE office or visit www.ice.gov for more information.

-- ICE --

U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) was established in March 2003 as the largest investigative arm of the Department of Homeland Security. ICE is comprised of five integrated divisions that form a 21st century law enforcement agency with broad responsibilities for a number of key homeland security priorities.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Thanks for the participating in the Winston-Salem function and putting the message out there yet again so eloquently William. Sorry I couldn't be there too.

Welcome to the group locallaw4u! It's good to know that the foot soldiers on the front lines don't agree with the lame policies of our so-called local elected officials. I apologize for the defective mentalities steering public policy right now, but I pledge to continue to work with you and others to throw the bums out and get some real integrity on deck! I also want to thank you if you are one of America's finest literally putting your life on the line to protect the good people of Forsyth County. I have friends there and am well aware of what is becoming an overwhelming problem in the form of escalating gang violence and the literal ethnic cleansing of some neighborhoods of Winston-Salem. It was a real wake up call to me when I got first-hand accounts of the dangers of accidentally crossing that invisible line on the street into "occupied" Hispanic gang territory! Everyone knows that stuff goes on in L.A., but right here in my own back yard????? What a shock!

Maybe you can share some of the stories of which you have personal knowledge without jepordizing your career. I think many folks who come here to read (but maybe never even post) from our state would find the info equally as "enlightening". The truth is that as our community sits idly by in utter complacency and disregard, the problem is quickly growing to the point of being beyond control.

Quote Originally Posted by locallaw4u
    Great JOB !!
    I only wish I would have known that you were coming to Winston-Salem. Being a law enforcement officer in Forsyth County, i hope that your message somehow sank in on the idiot we have to refer to as our Sheriff. This subject in itself shows that he has no idea of how to deal with local law enforcement. I have spent the last three weeks working with an I.C.E. agent in Winston-Salem, attempting to locate illegal's that are operating on fraudulent documents. I.C.E. really wanted Forsyth to proceed with 287 g, but thanks to Schatzman " Not at this juncture." I guess it helps his campaign money when the owner of Que Pasa and the Mi Pueblo restuarant's want him, to stab the rest of us in the back.
    I hope that many will realize that he needs to go. We are trying very hard to put this ex-FBI joke back into retirement.

For more information on Sheriff William Schatzman check out WWW.FCSOWATCH.COM

As for someone who backed him in the election, I will never again

Welcome Locallaw4u,

We want you to know about our future events, so please SIGN UP FOR OUR E-MAIL Alerts.

That is our main way of communicating with our network of activists across America.

Also, I am glad that the Sheriff came. He sat on the front row and was interactive with the audience. He appeared to be genuinely interested in the material I presented.

Near the end, I told the story about how many of the other NC Sheriff's came on board with 287(g) after the murder of people in their counties by illegal aliens that were in and out of their jail houses without detection and deportation.

I also looked him in the eye and explained that I was going to get him a care package of articles that would show how his police force's relationship with the illegal aliens and the gangs that rule them will change for the worse as their numerical strength grows in his county.

I told him it was only a matter of time before the murderous gangs rule Forsyth County instead of him and the County Commission.

W

There are over 4 pages of comments on William's talk at the Forsyth County Women's Republican Club. Check them out...

http://www.journalnow.com/servlet/Satel ... g=1#rrForm

Tiredofapathy, you are correct there is no need to travel anymore to see real life gangs anymore. They are alive and well (and thriving) in Winston-Salem. Over the last few weeks, I have part of investigation of the production and sale of illegal fraudulent identification (mass produced and actually quite good). The main thing that bothered me was trying to identify the perpetrators, pick a name 1 out 10, because they all belong to the same guy. If you want something scary, some of the suspect's we were trying to identify shared the same social number with five or six other people. The scary part is that you see a list of Hispanic names with the same number with a name such as Gladys Smith. Wonder, who does the number really belong to ? As for the gangs of Winston-Salem and the Piedmont Triad, an officer showed me a picture just this past week of a group of gang bangers, who actually posed for a police photograph, flashing their signs. As for the drug trade, you will find that it is now controlled by Mexican groups. The majority of highway drug interdiction arrest's in this area, have been illegal immigrant Mexican's. The profits are there for them. Just over a year ago, a deputy with Forsyth County stopped a car, being operated by two illegal immigrant's. Hidden in that car was $375,000 in U.S. currency.

I am not one to say that if we did not have these groups, there would be no other crime. It was a hard fight to keep the streets safe for your family and mine 10 or 15 years ago. This situation, has just made it that much tougher.

Drug Central: Northeast Georgia now a hub for trafficking

By STEPHEN GURR
    The Times
    GAINESVILLE
    http://www.gainesvilletimes.com/news/st ... 8836.shtml
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The numbers quoted during hearings held Friday in Gainesville's federal courthouse were staggering. One hundred kilograms of cocaine. Three hundred forty-one pounds of methamphetamine. All of it was bound for Hall County. All of it came from Mexico.

And as the flow of Mexican immigrants to the poultry capital of the world continues, a handful are making Hall County a distribution hub for an entirely different commodity.

"We used to worry about multicounty drug cases," Hall County Sheriff Steve Cronic said. "Now it's international."

Over the past several years, local and federal officials have made felony-grade drug seizures of 10 pounds or more in Hall County with alarming regularity. The ultimate destination for the drugs isn't Gainesville; it's the entire east coast.

Federal officials say over the past 10 years, the distribution center for all cocaine supplied to the eastern United States shifted from south Florida to Atlanta, largely due to the city's confluence of major interstates. Now the so-called "staging areas" for major drug shipments have moved to the outer ring of the metro area, including Hall, Gwinnett and Forsyth counties. All have major concentrations of Hispanics, and the reason the drugs are coming there is clear, officials say.

"If you're going to set up a criminal enterprise, you're not going to go where you will be conspicuous," Cronic said. "You're going to go where you can blend in."

Said Ruth Porter-Whipple, a spokeswoman for the federal Drug Enforcement Administration, "Drug traffickers are in a business, and they are going to work where they can conduct that business the most successfully. They're going to go somewhere where they can assimilate."

And Mexicans, according to the U.S. Department of Justice, control the illegal drug trade in America.

While Colombia still produces 90 percent of the cocaine in the world, the Mexican syndicates have largely taken over the distribution role, according to the March 2007 International Narcotics Control Strategy Report. Roughly 80 percent of the methamphetamine consumed in the United States is made in "superlabs" in Mexico, according to the report.

Law enforcement officials express frustration that after a largely successful effort to stamp out domestic meth labs by outlawing certain ingredients, a porous border with Mexico has helped fill the void for drug users.

"Our hope is the federal government will do something to secure our borders," Cronic said. "That would be the biggest help of all."

Jerry Gonzalez, executive director of the Georgia Association of Latino Elected Officials and an outspoken advocate for Hispanic immigrants, cautions against "painting the entire immigrant community with too broad a brush."

"Just like any population, immigrants have an element of criminality," he said.

The National Drug Intelligence Center issues a stark analysis in a June 2007 report: "Law enforcement reporting reveals that as the Mexican immigrant community has grown in the Atlanta area, so too has the presence of Mexican drug traffickers."

Dangerous business

Mexican immigrants like 24-year-old Alejandro Martinez-Menera, who lived in a modest, single-story, wood-frame house off Athens Highway and worked in construction, are hardly drug lords. Yet authorities found $50 million worth of meth in his home and backyard while conducting a search for marijuana plants.

Martinez was one of the lower-rung players in the conspiracy, authorities say. His house was one of five or six weigh stations in the U.S. used by an unnamed Mexican cartel to spread meth across the country.

"They deliver it there, they can hide it, they can break it down and dealers come pick it up or have it delivered," Assistant U.S. Attorney Allen Moye said.

Officials believe Martinez-Menera, who pleaded guilty to conspiracy charges Friday in U.S. District Court, will be far safer behind bars than out on the street, after committing a costly blunder by attracting attention to himself with his marijuana-growing side job. His two brothers, under indictment for the same charges but never caught, may be marked men.

"This is a very dangerous business," said Porter-Whipple of the DEA. "If you lose a load of dope, you're going to pay, one way or the other. It's not healthy for you or your family."

A Mexican drug trafficking organization operates in such a manner that many of the players don't know each other, she said.

"Frequently they are compartmentalized," Porter-Whipple said. "The money is separated from the dope. If I'm a large trafficker sitting in Mexico, I may have several smugglers who don't necessarily know each other. Every organization is different. They're very adaptable, very fluid and very innovative."

Making the bust

Officials say large-scale drug seizures can result partly from intelligence, partly from luck. A 100-kilo shipment of cocaine concealed in a tractor-trailer and bound for Gainesville was discovered during a traffic stop last year by a Texas Department of Public Safety officer trained to spot the indicators of drug trafficking.

In April, Forsyth County officials found 130 pounds of cocaine in the cab of a pickup truck during a traffic stop on Ga. 20.

A month later, authorities seized 400 pounds of cocaine and $3 million at a Cumming fencing company acting on information developed through an investigation.

"That had been going on for some time," Forsyth County Sheriff's Lt. Col. Gene Moss said of the fencing company front. "(Traffickers) feel like they can blend in, and feel more secluded and safer making their transfers away from Atlanta."

The sheer size of the cases demands the involvement of federal officials, who can ensure longer prison sentences without the option of parole. The DEA and ATF routinely work with local sheriff's and police agencies, and claim there are no turf problems.

"The task force concept is nothing new," said Marc Jackson, a spokesman for the Atlanta division office of the federal bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives. "It's almost standard operating procedure for law enforcement these days to acknowledge the different levels. Certain law enforcement agencies have different resources and levels of expertise, so by working together they can accomplish the goal more effectively.

In the case of the ATF, which is primarily focused on weapons violations, a gun charge against a trafficker can tack on a few extra years in federal prison, Jackson said.

"Our bread and butter is the mandatory minimum sentence," Jackson said.

More to come

Everyone in local law enforcement is just waiting for the next big bust in Hall County.

Said Gainesville police chief Frank Hooper: "I think, unfortunately, we'll see it happen again. But the message we're trying to send is, 'You need to find somewhere else to do this.'"

Said Cronic, "We'll continue to elevate law enforcement efforts in response to what we're seeing."

But even with hundreds of pounds of cocaine and meth being taken off the streets, law enforcement officials know that in many cases, they are just making a dent. For the Mexican cartels, the occasional big drug bust is just the cost of doing business.

"It is," Porter-Whipple said. "But certainly someone's going to have to answer to it. The bigger the numbers, the more serious the retribution."

Authorities have no magic solution for large-scale drug trafficking, other than a hope that the border with Mexico can be better secured. For now, it's a matter of plugging a hole in a dike.

Said Moss, "They're just pushing so much across the border, it's like the pony express. You shoot one off, another gets back on the horse and keeps going. We just have to fight it. That's the bottom line: We just have to keep after it."

Originally published Sunday, August 5, 2007

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast