Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by EagleEye
    I would probably say to shut down the forums if people are being so restricted in what they say. People shouldn't have to feel that they are being watched like children every time they post and arbitrary moderating seems very unfair.
    Please explain by what you mean by arbitrary moderating? Our rules are clearly printed and the moderators enforce the rules. Sometimes when we have a new situation we discuss what to do. Please give us an example of unfair moderation you have observed.

We realize that our board members do not view the moderation process because the offensive post and material is often removed before you get a chance to even see it.

Eagleeye and anyone else please raise any questions or examples you have about unfair moderation.

It is a fair question, but only if there is some example.

So EagleEye feels we should shut down the boards Vs. current moderation levels. Anyone else want to second that motion?

There is no need to worry about anyone watching your posts if the place you are posting is absolutely no threat to the OBL agenda. That's one way to fix that worry.

Just so Im clear EagleEye, do you mean shut down the boards and put ALIPAC's resources more on traditional organizational efforts off the web?

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I DO NOT think the boards should be closed because of a few bad apples.

I think the suggestion to use PM's for clarification is a good idea, especially between members.

Just go play somewhere else, if you can't get along.
    I'm "Dot" and I am LEGAL!

W,

As you have stated in numerous posts the process of moderation on this site, posters are given many chances to adhere to the rules in PM's and on the threads. When they continue to break the rules it does take away from what you, I and all of us are trying to achieve here. I say keep the boards open and let us see how your new security measures work. If the new measures do not work and this behavior continues you may have to take more drastic measures. We are all here for the same cause but we cannot even make a dent in our cause to have our laws enforced and our borders secured with regards to illegal aliens if moderators and you have to read every post on the boards and constantly reiterate the rules to repeat offenders. I myself believe in the 3 strike rule, twice warned and you are outta here.
    Freedom isn't free... Don't forget the men who died and gave that right to all of us....
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by Rockfish
    This is a forum with an important purpose. Those who cannot stay focused on the goal of ths forum and continue to break the rules should leave. To do otherwise is a waste of time. This is not a chat room. Find a different site to vent. This is not the place to vent, it IS the place to fight against illegal immigration. To participate, you must focus and not deviate from the one goal we all are trying to meet..the end to illegal immigration.
    Agree 100%.
    “In questions of power…let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution.” –Thomas Jefferson

You sent me a PM and asked my opinion, William, and I just offered it.

The reason I made the comment about moderators was the fact that I had read the thread where Butterbean was banned and I sure didn't see anything in what she posted that warranted being banned. I have seen much worse on this site and I think that was just uncalled for.

This is why I just choose not to post very often because I have seen so many people getting called down for things that I felt were not a violation of the rules.

The reason I made the comment about moderators was the fact that I had read the thread where Butterbean was banned and I sure didn't see anything in what she posted that warranted being banned. I have seen much worse on this site and I think that was just uncalled for.

Please put up the links to these errors so that we can correct them.

This is why I just choose not to post very often because I have seen so many people getting called down for things that I felt were not a violation of the rules.

Would you care to elaborate? Point out what you're referring to?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by Rockfish
    This is a forum with an important purpose. Those who cannot stay focused on the goal of ths forum and continue to break the rules should leave. To do otherwise is a waste of time. This is not a chat room. Find a different site to vent. This is not the place to vent, it IS the place to fight against illegal immigration. To participate, you must focus and not deviate from the one goal we all are trying to meet..the end to illegal immigration.
    DITTO

These kinds of threads are why I feel we need (for lack of better expression) a private (away from the public eye) board for members. Airing our dirty laundry out in public like this makes no sense, gives the other side ammunition, and gives them a false hope there is dissention in our ranks. If I were moderator, would be tempted to delete the whole sad affair.

That being said, also do feel that it is the poster who make this site what it is, the posters who are building that wealth of a Data Bank...so, the question becomes one of balance. Moderators are called to a difficult task, trying to balance the needs of the site, the public perceptions of posts on a politically charged subject against what should be the rights of the heart and soul of this site, its members.

I've been less active of late...not because I have been angry with ALIPAC, but because I felt there were other areas I could better forcus my energies on for awhile, and no one from here was calling me to action either. Sometimes, a break away, a change of habit, a breath of fresh air is a good thing. The old forest from the trees perspective....

I disagree with some of the positions here, everyone knows I'd love to see a major march on Washington...BUT, are we becoming so jaded we are missing our forward progress, not registering in our hearts and souls the wins OUR EFFORTS are creating by being here, and doing other work necessary to win this war? How many read the letter delivered to the president yesterday by some of this nation's most notable thinkers and conservatives? That story made the SIX O'CLOCK NEWS! Right now, the SENATE BILL seems to be DEAD IN THE WATER, moving neither forward or backwards with the Congress threatening to blue slip it right back into the halls of the Senate.

If you need a break, step away for a bit, come back here with a fresh perspective, and a newly charged battery. If you have some serious complaints or worries, instead of spewing them across the boards for all to see, maybe try private messages first ... sometimes, there are things going on out of the public eye that might have you seeing things differently when you know the whole picture, instead of only one small piece of the puzxle.
    Keep the spirit of a child alive in your heart, and you can still spy the shadow of a unicorn when walking through the woods.

Right now, the SENATE BILL seems to be DEAD IN THE WATER, moving neither forward or backwards with the Congress threatening to blue slip it right back into the halls of the Senate.
    Actually, as of yesterday, the Reps are moving forward--Hastert was boxed in by the Senate.

THIS BILL IS NOT DEAD IN THE WATER and it will not be too much longer and we'll be pushing like mad to stop it.

Ok EagleEye,

Here is the information you have requested. I'm assuming this is an information request. Otherwise, your comments would be open criticism of ALIPAC without information.

Since some people feel that board members are treated like "children" I'm going to make it point blank and simple even though much of this has been typed hundreds of times.

1. The ALIPAC Boards are monitored heavily by our well funded opposition.

2. Some of our opposition is engaged in debate here such as TheInquisitor.

3. Bbean made the following comment which I will painfully reiterate her mistake here for the benefit of EagleEye "Hispanics have a history of crime and corruption, and sexual abuse is no stranger to them."

4. This statement in the absence of qualifiers can be considered as racist as "whites have a history of crime and corruption and sexual abuse"

...... I'm sorry, but I'm having trouble not becoming sarcastic here.

We try so very hard to make the right decisions here at ALIPAC and we try to be as open as possible. Right now, being open about this is a field day for our enemies, but I'm putting the interest of the boards desire for inormation first per EagleEye's request.

I just have to make sure you understand that we are playing into enemy hands right now EagleEye due to your lack of trust in our entire moderator team of your peers on this board.

5. After receiving the reports about this comment I looked at it, pulled the account but NOT the comment and turned it over to our moderators.

This is called DUE PROCESS and although we DON't HAVE TO it is something we do for long standing members so that everyone on the board knows that full deliberations and fairness are applied to all decisions to ban standing members of our boards, please see rules posted all around the boards where it reads

"No participant that has been active with ALIPAC with over 300 posts and three months of participation will be banned without a full meeting and vote of the the ALIPAC Moderators. "

6. I sent Bbean an email notice about the complaints and the process. She responded with a nice message that was presented to the moderators to deliberate. Mod deliberations can take a few days for everyone to look into the matter.

7. Bbean sent an email saying she waived her right to moderator mediation on this complaint and thus she terminated her own account.

Bbean had a prior incident I will look up and reprint for you if you like EagleEye. She made a comment that can clearly be construed as printed as anti-semetic. It ended up in a college newspaper article bashing all of ALIPAC. ALIPAC had to apologize as an organization because our mod team missed the comment, but our enemies did not.

Bbean was not banned for this incident because she claimed it was a slip of the tongue and an accident.

So EagleEye, do you understand now why we don't consult you and every other member of the board before we make a moderator decision?

Do you understand why we have the clear language printed all over our rules on this site that reads Do not question moderator actions on the open boards until you have tried to resolve your question via Private Message.

I do not recall any private message inquiries from you prior to this open criticism on our boards EagleEye. Am I missing something here?

W

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast