Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaPeach
    We understand your distress redpony. I was not sure of the exact wording, so I included both words. I did not want to go back and listen again.

Will we be seeing Lou and Janet of La Raza next?

Psalm 139:14
    Or Lou JOINING La Raza?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I feel duped, played and betrayed.

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Dixie
    I feel duped, played and betrayed.

Dixie
    Me too..I am just speechless right now.

He would make a hell of a politician.

The same kind we've been putting in office.

Dixie

Everyone please post your reactions and feelings on this thread in Announcements. Im putting this sad info out to the nation right now, so please post where everyone will be looking.

http://www.alipac.us/ftopict-179340.html

W

Im not surprised....they are all the same....

Senior Member ShockedinCalifornia's Avatar
    Poor Lou. He was raked through the coals by that inhospitable over-bearing Latina Maria shrew. How many times did she refer to him as Enemy No. 1 of all Latinos?

She was on a non-stop tirade against just a few of his reports out of many years on his basically fair reporting of the problems encountered by illegal immigration. He cound hardly get a word in edgewise and he such a more intelligent a gracious person that the whole interview was a fiasco because the woman couldn't hear anything except her own voice. Lou has a highly educated and refined ability to make the best of any interview while others go off into orbit. He pointed out over and over that many minutes had passed and no constructive message had been discussed. Until the last few, finally.

I have to say this is the problem with most of the accusatory one-sided Latino views in this country. They are blamers not listeners or mutual problem solvers. Her non-sensical tirade about Joe Arpaio just slid off Lou's shoulders because he was appalled by her unwillingness to comprehend that Joe has never been punished with any wrong-doing.

I think Lou did as fine a professional job as anyone could under these circumstances. She was in attack mode and proudly brandished it at the end.

What he said is basically what he has been saying all along. We need to absolutely secure our ports and borders, that he is not against immigration but that our policies need to be restructured (hopefully more control of who comes here), and that it is up to responsible people to solve the problem of legalization of some under certain conditions. (Not by a bunch of weak politicians or a politicized trend of conditions, or sovereign capitulation.)
    There were decent glimpses when he had a chance to speak and I look forward to hearing much more of his thinking.

For those who were disappointed, please listen again. It wasn't as bad as you thought. He wasn't cornered, he admitted to a couple of factual mistakes, and didn't lose his perspective at all. He accepted the invitation to appear on Telemundo but didn't change his position which has always been to openly disclose and now to try and solve federal immigration problems....properly and constructively.

Getting your points accross with a bunch of reactionaries ain't easy.

April
    What I saw was a man groveling and back peddling. IT was disgusting.

Senior Member ShockedinCalifornia's Avatar
    What I saw was a man groveling and back peddling. IT was disgusting.
    Try looking at his body language April. He is the same confronting truth Lou person but sitting in a hostile camp.

That news anchor kept drumming up crap from 3-4 years ago and was using this "interview" as a grilling session instead of as an interview. She was right on one thing though, yes...Lou is starting to sound like a politician. If that's the direction where he is heading, then we'd better get used to it. With his actions and words and stances that he has displayed for so many years, I rather have him in the driver's seat than anyone else.
    I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies.
    ~Thomas Jefferson (1743 - 1826)

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast