Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Al Quaeda is very happy too. But, it is what it is and we will continue our fight. I do take pleasure in the fact that for the past 6+ years the Dems have thrown mud nonstop and now, they have to take the leadership role and show the American people how useless they are.
    D.W.

Polls in NC and Ohio showed illegal immigration in the top 2 or 3 issues with voters.

CIS national poll right before the election showed illegal immigration as a top issue.

From our observation point, there was a concerted effort by the corporate media to downplay the issue prior to the election.

They wanted to try and stop any big revolt on the issue. They upped their coverage of Iraq and it was hard to find many mentions on immigration just before the election outside of Dobbs.

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Senior Member AmericanElizabeth's Avatar
    There is no way I am giving up, period! This is a woman who has chased out burglars who had the audacity to knock down her only crystal lamp, and I am sure not going to let any ole' illegal aliens to come in to my "house" and knock things down and rob my "family" (now if someone could not get that I meant America and my fellow Americans).

I felt down Wednesday, but I allowed myself that one moment and then decided it was business as usual, I am sending letters to ALL of my representatives and reminding them that no matter what I am listed as on my voters card, they work for me, and they better get to work weeding out the illegal aliens and making our government work like it is supposed to.

I don't care if they are Democratic, they WILL do it the way the voters want, just like we expected out of the Republicans, all of this has not changed.

People, get your chins off of the floor, we have not lost, so long as we still call it America, and we are Americans, when we stop fighting, we have given up, then we have lost, but for me, that's not till I'm dead!
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Nearly every American realizes that we are not secure here with an open border. While it is open we have no country and no means to defend ourselves. Bush has been holding Americans and their families hostage, refusing to give us security unless we gave him amnesty. It would be a serious mistake for any party to ignore the majority of Americans any longer and continue this black mail. Howard Dean promised Americans that border security would be the first action after November. We will write all representatives of all parties and get them to give us real control of our borders. I think that should be our focus before allowing discussion of any immigration issues. The Democrats promised us security now we must see to it that they and the minority Republicans produce.
    Unemployment is not working. Deport illegal alien workers now! Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Now it`s being said the Border fence will not stop illegal immigration, as if there is not sense in building one.
    we all know that700mi, of 2000 will not completely stop illegal crossings,
    but it`s a damn good start.
    ------------------------

We're going to want something real here or the Dems are going to find themselves riding the same slide as the Bushbo's. There's what they want, and what we want. The American people are getting to be a hard sell and sick and tired of BS on this issue.

The Bush plan of handing over everything we have of value to alien invaders to prevent them robbing us is not an option. I expect the change we were promised in this area primarily.
    They can put the armed forces down there. They can seal up the border and destroy the economic magnet of jobs and benefits. Enforce our laws. Whatever gets the job really done.
    Unemployment is not working. Deport illegal alien workers now! Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Apparently in exit polls illegal immigration was issue #6 for voters, far behing the war in Iraq, etc.
    It really depends on how this was asked. IOW "what issues caused you to vote the way you did?" Is much different then "What issues are most important to you?"

In Arizona there were 4 anti-illegal immigration propositions on the ballot. Prop. 100, which denies bail to illegal aliens charged with a serious crime, passed 78% to 22%. Prop. 102, which prohibits illegal aliens from being awarded punitive damages in any Arizona court, passed 74.5% to 25.5%. Prop 103, which makes English the official language of Arizona, passed 74.4% to 25.6%, (50% of Hispanic Arizonians voted in favor of it). Prop. 300, which limits certain educational opportunities for illegal aliens, passed by a 71.7% to 28.3% margin.
    This was pulled from a different thread. While these votes are not specifically on the planks we talk about here these percentages reflect the overwhelming position of Americans on this issue AND is consistent with what we know to be true if we'd just quit listening to the MSM spin. That by a margin of about ~75% to ~ 25% Americans support border security, law enforcement and NO Amnesty!

Don't know if anyone saw O'Reilly tonight? But John Kasich was the guest host and at one point he said IHO that the majority of Americans will NOT support amnesty in any form. Went on to say that he could see civil unrest if they try to force this issue through.

United We Stand!
    [b]Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.
    - Arnold J. Toynbee

Now it`s being said the Border fence will not stop illegal immigration, as if there is not sense in building one.
    we all know that700mi, of 2000 will not completely stop illegal crossings,
    but it`s a damn good start.
    Well that's just like them saying "We can't deport 12 million illegal immigrants" and my answer to that is "Each journey starts with the first step" I agree that a fence alone won't stop illegal immigration and in all honesty it won't ever be 100% but we sure can do better than over 12 million being here. And by the way, making over 12 million illegals, legal, won't solve the problem either. Any one with any sense knows that will only make the problem worse. It did in 1986 and it will again. If they would only start enforcing the law, stop benefits, and stop birthright citizenship, and last but not least take away their access to jobs and it sure will make a huge dent in it. We won't have to deport them. They'll leave on their own just like they did in Hazelton. Hey I'm not going to give up the fight and I'll do my upmost best to get as many as I can to join the fight. I've been at this for over 4 years and I'm not about to stop now.

And by the way, making over 12 million illegals, legal, won't solve the problem either. Any one with any sense knows that will only make the problem worse.
    Exactly. How can you build an American dream on a foundation of outlaws? We'll be building our house on sand.

Enforcement Only vs. Comprehensive Plan

I agree with those who think enforcement only won't solve the problem. This was best said by two illegal immigrants my wife met on the street a few days after Bush's speech ordering the National Guard to the border: "Bush can put a million soldiers on the border, but we would still come. We came through a tunnel."

Better border protection won't eliminate the magnet of plentiful jobs for illegal immigrants, and the criminal syndicates who smuggle illegal immigrants will profit more from smuggling illegal immigrants.

Strict workplace enforcement combined with better border security is the best approach, and any plan includes amnesty the worst. With better documents that are harder to counterfeit, and better cooperation among government agencies in using information already at their disposal to identify probably illegal immigrant workers, eventually illegal immigrants will not be able to find jobs and will leave on their own (i.e. deport themselves). This is a lot more practical and humane than trying to deport 11+ million illegal immigrants.

We gave three million illegal immigrants amnesty in 1986, in my opinion one of the dumbest things we ever did. Now we have 11+ million illegal immigrants waiting for amnesty. I also think those granted amnesty in 1986 obviously have different values about illegal immigration and have no problem aiding and abetting new illegal immigrants. More amnesty will result in more illegal immigration.

Arnold Schwartzenneger is right about needing guest workers with better enforcement , but in my honest opinion amnesty only rewards law breakers and encourages more illegal conduct, and also punishes honest non-citizens who have followed the laws and waited for years to immigrate legally.

Look at the State Department visa bulletin, showing how long some honest would-be immigrants have waited for immigrant visas, some as long as 21 years.
    http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/bulle ... _3046.html

I'd much rather reward honest immigrants who will be allowed to immigrate anyway, with nonimmigrant work visas that allow them to live and work for a few years while they wait for immigrant visas to become available. We can create fewer work visas than illegal immigrant workers that depart, to ensure unemployed Americans have a chance to fill those jobs.

This type of plan also undercuts those in the business community that want amnesty to ensure they have adequate access to low cost labor, by giving them an alternative to amnesty that meets their needs.

Just my two cents!
    There are immigrants and there are illegal aliens. An immigrant comes here legally, obeys our laws, assimilates, and the only flags an immigrant waves is an American flag. There's no such thing as an illegal immigrant.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast