Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

bquasius wrote:

Don't lose sight of the fact that since 1996, new legal immigrants have been barred from most forms of federally funded welfare including Medicaid, food stamps, general assistance, etc.
    Legal immigrants should be welcomed to this country with open arms. It is the illegals are abusing the system and they do get food stamps, just get in line behind them at the grocery store.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Illegal Immigrants Getting Welfare

The states are required to check documents to verify citizenship, lawful presence, etc., but I'm sure there is document fraud or sloppiness.

Also, anchor babies are U.S. Citizens and are eligible for food stamps so even though the parents might be illegal immigrants they can receive food stamps for their U.S. born children.
    There are immigrants and there are illegal aliens. An immigrant comes here legally, obeys our laws, assimilates, and the only flags an immigrant waves is an American flag. There's no such thing as an illegal immigrant.

Also, anchor babies are U.S. Citizens and are eligible for food stamps so even though the parents might be illegal immigrants they can receive food stamps for their U.S. born children.
    That is one of the many reasons we need to stop the insane practice of birthright citizenship. Another reason is that the "anchor" babies are used as a reason why the parents should be allowed to stay, like Elvira is using in Chicago. Cut out the birthright citizenship, and you'll cut off the benefits as well as the "anchor" to stay. The whole thing about birthright citizenship is a warped reading of the 13 amendment and it would not need a constitutional change to do away with it. All is needed if for a "clarification" of it's meaning.

As far as illegals and Mexican Nationals getting food stamps, it's true, I have seen it. A while back, I was at the grocery store checkout and in front of me was a Mexican woman with 7 children alll under the age of 8. none of them spoke a word of English, but when it came time to pay, she miraculously knew one phrase in English: EBT, Electronic Beneift Transfer, meaning welfare. She whips out her EBT card and paid for their baby formula, diapers and tortillas with the welfare card. So when I go out into the parking lot what do I see? These people loading their $350 worth of groceries into a nice, shiny new giant SUV, with of course... MEXICO LICENSE PLATES!!
    [b][i][size=117]"Leave like beaten rats. You old white people. It is your duty to die. Through love of having children, we are going to take over.â€

NewMexican Wrote:
    [quote:16q7luyc]Legal immigrants should be welcomed to this country
    [/quote:16q7luyc]

"legal Immigrants" are welcomed. The issue here is "illegal" immigrants.
    The ones that refuse to go through the legal procedures to get in this country. Then steal or buy someone elses social security card to obtain work, drive without a drivers licence or insurance and then claim that their not criminals.
    ------------------------

I think that legal immigration should also be halted, at least temporarily.
    We have too many people flooding into our country. We our far too crowded, and our natural resources are not finite.
    Those who think that only illegal immgrants are the problem should spend some time reading articles by Frosty Wooldridge.

Legal Immigration

Legal immigrants, especially those with special skills, are essential to our economy. In my own profession, engineering, the U.S. doesn't graduate enough engineers each year to fill the demand.

The only area I would reduce - but not eliminate altogether - is chain migration, where a U.S. Citizen can bring his family members to the U.S. In the past, chain migration was limited to immediate family (parents, wife, children), but was opened up to include brothers and sisters of citizens.

After expanding the family members, legal immigration swelled. We should cut out brothers and sisters as this is what's making the numbers of legal immigrants swell.

I do think we need some low skilled workers to replace all the illegal immigrants in our economy. I would replace these with those waiting to immigrate legally who are within a few years of obtaining an immigrant visa, but the visa isn't available yet due to quotas. Let these immigrants, who followed our laws and waited patiently, come early and work a few years on a non-immigrant visa, then adjust their status to permanent resident when an immigrant visa becomes available.

We are crazy to even consider granting amnesty to illegal immigrants, which would reward law breaking and further penalize legal immigrants who follow our laws and wait for years to come legally. The pending legal immigrants will be allowed to come anyway, so why not let them replace the illegal immigrants who will either leave as workplace enforcement becomes stricter or be deported? I also think those granted amnesty are much more likely to aid and abet future illegal immigrants, as obviously they have different values about illegal immigration.
    There are immigrants and there are illegal aliens. An immigrant comes here legally, obeys our laws, assimilates, and the only flags an immigrant waves is an American flag. There's no such thing as an illegal immigrant.

bquasius wrote:
    Legal immigrants, especially those with special skills, are essential to our economy. In my own profession, engineering, the U.S. doesn't graduate enough engineers each year to fill the demand.
    I know a young man that was in this country for 8 years on work Visa's. He hired immigration lawyers, and tried for the green card lottery constantly. He has his Master's and does specialized work with GPS systems, he is from Holland and he gave up a year ago. He now works at NATO, the youngest person ever hired for the job he currently has. He is brilliant and a super star and he wanted to be a citizen.
    We aren't getting as many people like this as we need, we get thousands of MS-13 gang bangers and illiterate in two language illegals that want to drop babies on our welfare system and work under the table for cash.

mark wrote:
    "legal Immigrants" are welcomed. The issue here is "illegal" immigrants

I know the difference.

I have always welcomed and embraced any person that is a naturalized citizen of this country or any person that is legally trying to become a citizen. I have attended the naturalization ceremonies of friends and I it brings a big lump to my throat every time.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Agreed

My wife's four brothers are all degreed engineers. I doubt any of them will ever immigrate to the U.S. because the waiting list is so long and they have jobs and roots in Honduras.

One has a work visa that allows him to attend meetings in the U.S.; another a tourist visa he obtained to visit with his family to Disneyworld. Neither will violate their visa's terms to work illegally in the U.S. In fact, no one in my wife's extended family has ever illegally immigrated to the U.S. and only one has every lived here (a diplomat's son).

At the same time, I meet illegal immigrants from Honduras who are barely literate. They aren't bad people and aren't career criminals, but just don't offer much to our economy other than manual labor.

Who would we rather have: illegal immigrants that can barely read and write, or people with talent that will follow our laws? Our current system favors those who don't have much to offer and violate our laws. Offer them amnesty and the disconnect from common sense will be complete.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345