Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by Ex_OC
    California is IMPLODING. Though the governator wont admit it officially, it is illegal immigration that is causing it to implode. He won't admit it officially coz it's not PC.

CA has made itself a touchy-feely state. It has devolved into "emotions" and "feeling good." Californians revel in this misguided principle of the underdog, aka minorities. They assuage their guilty (racist and riches) consciences by giving in to minorities -- to the extent that it is now stupidity. I know. I lived there. I saw it. It made me puke. All common sense is thrown out the window. Californians are the first to embrace every new "new age, tree-hugging" fad. It is a sign of decadence.

Thinking about it, I eagerly await its implosion. Why? Because if CA implodes, it will REVERBERATE across the nation, helping our cause. CA used to be the 8th largest economy IN THE WORLD. Now, it is broke. It is spending more than it takes in, by $800 million A MONTH. Part of that is because the middle class of CA (like me) have left. CA's middle class is shrinking, leaving only the super rich and the illegals.

From Lou Dobbs: CA's 10% of rich are contributing 80% of CA's budget.

How precarious is that? What if this 10% of rich decide to up and move to another state? And they can. Where will that leave California and its shrinking middle class? THINK ABOUT IT.
    My God. Unreal. I gotta get the he -- double sticks outta here. Funnily enough, I thought the California deficit was only 4 BILLION dollars, which I thought was incredible and now I find out it's 14.5 BILLION dollars.
    por las chupacabras todo, fuero de las chupacabras nada

Quote Originally Posted by Sam-I-am
    I thought the California deficit was only 4 BILLION dollars, which I thought was incredible and now I find out it's 14.5 BILLION dollars.
    It's 14.5 billion this year. Unless illegals are removed, next year it will be even worse since they are causing the problem to snowball.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by Bowman
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam-I-am
    I thought the California deficit was only 4 BILLION dollars, which I thought was incredible and now I find out it's 14.5 BILLION dollars.
    It's 14.5 billion this year. Unless illegals are removed, next year it will be even worse since they are causing the problem to snowball.
    Maybe not, if the illegals are not removed, pretty soon there will be no hospitals, fire departments, police departments or any government services either than welfare for the illegals to support. Hospitals are closing at an alarming rate because of bankruptcy caused by non-paying, uninsured illegals. Police and Fire departments are skeletons of what they used to be.
    Proud American and wife of a wonderful LEGAL immigrant from Ireland.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing." -Edmund Burke (1729-1797) Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

At it's peak, the budget deficit when Gray Davis was Gov., was ONLY $5 Billion! Davis was recalled because he wanted to triple the car tax and give DL's to illegals! Schwarzenegger ran on the platform of basically "Pay as You Go" and "LIVE WITHIN YOUR MEANS!!!I still remember those words...over and over and over.

Gray Davis must be feeling sweet revenge!

Oh, and don't forget....CA had the biggest real estate boon in history. 2005 and 2006 yielded massive increases in property tax revenue. I don't have the exact numbers, but it was astronomical. WHERE IS THE REVENUE FROM THE PROPERTY TAX INCREASES????

Quote Originally Posted by AmericanMe
    At it's peak, the budget deficit when Gray Davis was Gov., was ONLY $5 Billion! Davis was recalled because he wanted to triple the car tax and give DL's to illegals! Schwarzenegger ran on the platform of basically "Pay as You Go" and "LIVE WITHIN YOUR MEANS!!!I still remember those words...over and over and over.

Oh, and don't forget....CA had the biggest real estate boon in history. 2005 and 2006 yielded massive increases in property tax revenue. I don't have the exact numbers, but it was astronomical. WHERE IS THE REVENUE FROM THE PROPERTY TAX INCREASES????
    they spent it, now the bust is on and they no longer have all of those extra dollars.
    Proud American and wife of a wonderful LEGAL immigrant from Ireland.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing." -Edmund Burke (1729-1797) Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by cayla99

they spent it, now the bust is on and they no longer have all of those extra dollars.
    Cayla, the property tax increase windfall is permanent! I'll try to find out how much new revenue those increases produced, but it's humungous! Home prices went through the roof beginning in 2004...often times tripling in value! And property taxes went through the roof along with the huge increase in prices.

The city of L.A. had a reserve budget in 2002 of around $232 Million; this reserve DOUBLED in the fiscal years of 2004 - 2006. The new preliminary report came out in Oct., 2007 and the reserve budge is back down to the 2002 level of $232M! Villaraigosa took office July 1, 2005. What has he done with the money??? Three guesses!

Some have said they hope CA goes down in flames so that the rest of the country will wake up! I am in total agreement!

Cayla, the property tax increase windfall is permanent!
    Not exactly, a lot of those high priced houses (which generated a high property tax) are now being foreclosed and resold at lower prices, so that the property tax they generate is reduced. But it is true the state is still getting a lot more property tax money than they did five years ago.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Not exactly, a lot of those high priced houses (which generated a high property tax) are now being foreclosed and resold at lower prices, so that the property tax they generate is reduced. But it is true the state is still getting a lot more property tax money than they did five years ago.
    And I just heard yesterday that 15% of OC residents are at least 2 years BEHIND on their property taxes. After 6 years of non-payment of property taxes, the house goes on the auction block. The median home price in CA is (was) around $550k or more. At a tax base of 1.25 %, the property taxes on these median priced 'dumps' are $6875/yr or $825/mo. And then there are HO fees in many cases! It's unsustainable.

The Republican party is not what it used to be...it's the RINO party now. I decided, along with people like Lou Dobbs, that I wanted to be free of the party that is trying to destroy us. It was an anti-Bush...anti-Amnesty protest. I really agree with Michael Savage that we only have one party now...with TWO heads. I still get donation letters from the R's, and I just love putting my "check in the mail"...it says "No Amnesty...Enforce the Existing Laws".

BTW, I'm supporting Romney!
    me too!
    I understand you want to protest Bush and RINO's like Arnold by refusing to identify yourself as Republican, but it appears to me it's the fault of the individual candidates, not the fault of the party. Maybe we are at fault for not choosing our candidates for office more carefully. Plus the fact that incumbants keep getting reelected despite their voting record. You see what I'm saying, it's our responsibility more than the parties IMO. It seems like from your standpoint, the GOP should never have allowed Bush to run in the first place....
    Liberty means responsibility. That is why most men dread it. - George Bernard Shaw

And I just heard yesterday that 15% of OC residents are at least 2 years BEHIND on their property taxes. After 6 years of non-payment of property taxes, the house goes on the auction block. The median home price in CA is (was) around $550k or more. At a tax base of 1.25 %, the property taxes on these median priced 'dumps' are $6875/yr or $825/mo. And then there are HO fees in many cases! It's unsustainable.
    I'M SHOCKED....Had no idea taxes were that Hi in or property for that matter in calif. Its going to get worse with the tax base moving out of calif.

..................."RED ALERT" JAN. 16TH...........................
    HELP US WITH..."LOU DOBBS FOR PRESIDENT CAMPAIGN"

Instructions and information at link below!!
    Please read the special notice so you will understand the strategy behind this campaign
    http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?name=F ... c&p=586834
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)