Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

dxd
    patbrunz,

RE:She said, "Not one nationally known group is for rounding up illegal immigrants." When I saw her speak in Reno, Nevada, the impression I got was that she meant some kind of massive national roundup of the 11 - 20 MILLION illegals already here.

Please read this:

It is therefore incumbent upon the citizens of our nation to demand that this president put the military on the border and begin roundups and deportations in the magnitude that is needed to rectify the crisis that the federal government has allowed to occur. The aid of all law enforcement agencies and civil institutions must be employed along with mandatory prison sentences and fines against those who aid and abet illegal aliens. This is the will of the American people.

http://areckoning.com/

So does she mean that she does not recognize the groups participating in this event and supporting that position as national groups or is she an outright liar?

dxd
    Mass round ups, sweeps, and deportations are indeed necessary. Anyone familiar with this subject knows that looking for illegal aliens in a community that is invaded by illegal aliens is like looking for "hay in a haystack!!" They gather on street corners thorugh out the nation. They live in overcrowded houses. You don't have to go door to door, they are overflowing out the door and urinating on the front lawn. Anyone who really believes they will self-deport is living in fantasy land. So take off your fantasy glasses for a moment and take a look at the reality of the illegal alien invasion.

http://daylaborers.org/html/photos.htm

dxd, I know exactly where you are coming from because I currently live in one of those communities where it is impossible to tell who's legal and whose illegal. I am in favor of a round-up but not the door to door, employer to employer, jack-boot style round up implied here. I think if a cop--any cop-- stops someone for any reason they should have every right to force that person to identify himself/herself. If the person is an illegal, I don't think that they should be offered a chance to show up in court because they are going to skip out anyway. I think they should be either deported immediately or locked up, depending on the crime in question. That is my idea of a round-up. Let the cops do their job!

I agree that the self-deportation concept isn't happening where I live, either. In fact, there are more, not less, illegal aliens here now because the people already established move a few more, then a few more into their houses. People from Mexico come to "visit" their relatives and just happen to leave their kids or their sister or their little brother here for extended "visits" that amount to illegal immigration. Eventually, those kids turn up in the schools and the young people turn up either in the workforce illegally or as gang members on the streets wreaking havoc and committing crimes.

However, since I spend major portions of the year in two distinctly different parts of this country, I can see two distinctly different pictures. For example, the towns in NC would have every reason to belive that their illegal population would be likely to self-deport if nobody could get a job. Yes, the work force is full of immigrants who coaxed their relatives here. Many of those immigrants are fairly well established with decent, legal jobs. But when they have to provide support for Julio, Maria and five or six babies because Julio and Maria can't get a job and those babies aren't allowed to get two free meals a day at school, the little paradise would soon disintegrate. Thus, the self deportation is a reality.

I don't think it's a fantasy world that sees self deportation any more than I see self deportation ever happening on the border itself as long as the border remains wide open and there is no military presence to keep out the invaders.

The first thing we have got to do is close that damn border, pay attention to who comes across it and for what reason, and keep out people who don't have a legal right to be here! Then when they leave El Paso, or Laredo, or San Diego or Yuma to go visit their relatives in Mexico or South America at Christmas, they wouldn't be able to just come back the day after Christmas and resume the life they stole.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by dxd
    patbrunz,

So does she mean that she does not recognize the groups participating in this event and supporting that position as national groups or is she an outright liar?
    I can't speak for what she's thinking. I can only tell you what I thought she meant. Perhaps you could email her and ask her to clarify her remarks made in that interview. You could probably get in contact with her through Team America PAC.

So do all the participants in this, "Reckoning," event support massive, national roundups of illegals? Does FAIR, Terry Anderson, LAIR, the Texas Minutemen, CCLR, etc. support this? I kinda doubt it.

Just because it says something on the "Reckoning" website, I don't think it means that all the participants are in favor of every word of that paragraph on that website. One doesn't have to be in favor of massive, national level roundups of illegal aliens to be in favor of immigration reform.
    All that is necessary for evil to succeed is that good men do nothing. -Edmund Burke

Banned
    I think the idea of massive round-ups is poorly thought out and counter-productive to our cause. It makes me think of jackboots and swastikas. I find the image it creates totally repugnant. Here's how I see it.

1. Seal the damned border! Nothing else we talk about is more important than that. We've got to stop the bleeding before anything else.

2. Enforce Federal law against criminal employers, including STIFF jail time for repeat offenders.

3. Allow local law enforcement to arrest those here illegally and REQUIRE I.C.E. to take custody whether it's one or 100.

4. Clarify the 14th Amendment, reversing 'birthright citizenship' for anchor babies.

5. Eliminate taxpayer-funded social services to illegal aliens.

6. Require valid proof of legal status to vote in ANY election.

If we re-establish America for Americans, the theory of self-deportation will be proven a fact.

dxd
    JuniusJnr,
    RE:dxd, I know exactly where you are coming from because I currently live in one of those communities where it is impossible to tell who's legal and whose illegal.

Actually our situation is different in that the illegals once had a meeting in whereas some ADMITTED to being in the country illegally and wanted to know if they can drive with a foreign issued drivers license. I have had guys walk up to me on the street and sarcastically say, "I'm illegal-so what? Where are the laws of your country that you talk about?"

Positions should be based knowledge of what works and what don't, not speculation, wishful thinking, or weak-kneed fantasies. I have always supported the DEPORT ILLEGAL ALIENS approach along with seal the border. Deport illegal aliens means interior enforcement of all types, including mass round ups and door to door.

Perhaps if you were a man who lived next to an overcrowded illegal alien harborage and you had to get up and go to work and wonder if today is the day the mass of illegal aliens living next door will get drunk and cut, gut, and rape my wife and daughter you would feel differently about door to door round-ups.

dxd
    pinestrawguys,
    RE:I think the idea of massive round-ups is poorly thought out and counter-productive to our cause. It makes me think of jackboots and swastikas.

What does it make you think of when a little girl takes out the garbage after dinner and illegals surround her and take her little girl jewerly? What does it make you think of when illegal aliens make sexual gestures at litttle girls at school bus stops? I could go on and on.

DEPORT ILLEGAL ALIENS
    Mass deportations
    Round-Ups
    Sweeps
    Door to door
    All interior enforcement components
    Seal the Border

It appears that some oppose positions without the actual knowldege of the situation. Am I in the right place??

Banned
    dxd,

I can understand exactly what you're saying and I sympathize with your position. That's the point I was trying to address with #3 above. If local law enforcement was ALLOWED to act and ICE was REQUIRED to take custody and deport ( end 'catch and release' ) your own situation would be cleared up almost immediately. Local law enforcement would have to act with enough manpower to control the expected situation, meaning using SWAT teams if neccessary.

I'm just adverse to the idea of platoons of soldiers marching down the middle of the street.

Banned
    dxd,

The examples you cite are clear violations of the law giving local authorities all the permission they need to arrest ALL those involved. I agree they should be gone yesterday. I agree they are a plague on this society. I agree with troops on the border, I just don't agree with troops in the streets.

Quote Originally Posted by ALIPAC
    No mass sweeps. No mass round ups.

Secure the Border, crack down on employers, remove all benefits and licenses, empower local police to enforce immigration laws.

End Results='s shrinking illegal alien population in the US.

Less attempts to illegally enter the US.

Americans do not like visions of door to door sweeps and detention camps. It comes from our defeat of the fascists in WW2.

W
    I, as an American, wouldnt mind the 'visions' of 'door-to-door sweeps of illegal aliens! It would be a dream come true, knowing our leaders have FINALLY come to their senses about the invasion of illegal aliens. If you had a group of rapists and you knew where they were, wouldnt you want the law to go and 'sweep' them up? Or if you had a gang of bank robbers, going from bank to bank robbing people, wouldnt you want the law to go in and 'sweep them up'?
    But, I'm just a dreamer, and I say POP the employers in the guts, make them pay huge sums of money and spend jail time for hiring illegal aliens, and then maybe I would be somewhat satisfied. A whole lot of illegals would turn around and go home if they knew they couldnt get jobs or free benefits!
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast