Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

AS A CATHOLIC, I find several items here very distrubing when the whole of the website is looked at. The Bishops state,

Does the Catholic Church support illegal immigration?

The Catholic Bishops do not condone unlawful entry or circumventions of our nation’s immigration laws. The bishops believe that reforms are necessary in order for our nation’s immigration system to respond to the realities of separated families and labor demands that compel people to immigrate to the United States, whether in an authorized or unauthorized fashion.

Our nation’s economy demands foreign labor, yet there are insufficient visas to meet this demand. Close family members of U.S. citizens and lawful permanent residents face interminable separations, sometimes of twenty years or longer, due to backlogs of available visas. U.S. immigration laws and policies need to be updated to reflect these realties.
    I do not tolerate attacks on religion and or ethnic groups legally in the USA, just as every church or religion has beliefs and standards. It is not a Church of Poor ignorant people but you will find it covers a wide swath of society and its beliefs might not fit in to a secular world.

Yes there has been priests of moral questionable nature and they are being KICKED OUT as fast as we find them, and yes the Bishops are liberal but then they don't care about this world but the world to come, ACCORDING TO THE LORD JESUS CHRIST.

My father was from Kentucky and I saw ANTI-Catholicism first hand and it made me wonder. Sad thing, it was white suprmecist neo-nazi types.

I would like to believe that ALIPAC stands for Legal Immigration and stopping the flow of folks walking around the gates and staying without an invite. Illegal Immigration is a problem that is caused by unscrupulous employers, folks comming for jobs and a system broken down by the overload of paperwork and regulations.

Quote Originally Posted by AcadienRefugee
    AS A CATHOLIC, I find several items here very distrubing when the whole of the website is looked at. The Bishops state,

Does the Catholic Church support illegal immigration?

The Catholic Bishops do not condone unlawful entry or circumventions of our nation’s immigration laws. The bishops believe that reforms are necessary in order for our nation’s immigration system to respond to the realities of separated families and labor demands that compel people to immigrate to the United States, whether in an authorized or unauthorized fashion.

Our nation’s economy demands foreign labor, yet there are insufficient visas to meet this demand. Close family members of U.S. citizens and lawful permanent residents face interminable separations, sometimes of twenty years or longer, due to backlogs of available visas. U.S. immigration laws and policies need to be updated to reflect these realties.
    I do not tolerate attacks on religion and or ethnic groups legally in the USA, just as every church or religion has beliefs and standards. It is not a Church of Poor ignorant people but you will find it covers a wide swath of society and its beliefs might not fit in to a secular world.

Yes there has been priests of moral questionable nature and they are being KICKED OUT as fast as we find them, and yes the Bishops are liberal but then they don't care about this world but the world to come, ACCORDING TO THE LORD JESUS CHRIST.

My father was from Kentucky and I saw ANTI-Catholicism first hand and it made me wonder. Sad thing, it was white suprmecist neo-nazi types.

I would like to believe that ALIPAC stands for Legal Immigration and stopping the flow of folks walking around the gates and staying without an invite. Illegal Immigration is a problem that is caused by unscrupulous employers, folks comming for jobs and a system broken down by the overload of paperwork and regulations.
    I CAN ONLY SPEAK FOR MYSELF...NOT ALIPAC.

THE REASON WE HAVE SO MANY ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS IS BECAUSE EMPLOYERS WILL HIRE THEM AND THE ILLEGALS DONT MIND DOING THINGS ILLEGALLY. THERE IS NO BROKEN SYSTEM. THE LAWS ARE NOT BEING ENFORCED.

ONLY SO MANY PEOPLE CAN BE ALLOWED TO COME HERE. IF MORE PEOPLE WANT TO COME HERE, THEY CANT. NOT EVERYONE WHO WANTS TO COME HERE CAN BE ALLOWED TO DO SO. THERE HAS TO BE A LIMIT ON THE NUMBER OF PEOPLE WHO COME TO USA. AND IMMIGRATION MUST REVOLVE AROUND WHAT IS BEST FOR OUR COUNTRY AND ITS CITIZENS, NOT WHAT IS BEST FOR THE IMMIGRANT.

THERE IS NO GOD GIVEN RIGHT TO COME TO THIS COUNTRY. IF THE SEATS ARE FULL...THEY ARE FULL.

OUR NATION DOES NOT DEMAND FOREIGN LABOR. THERE ARE PLENTY OF AMERICAN WORKERS TO DO ALL THE JOBS THAT NEED TO BE DONE IN THIS COUNTRY. WORK VISAS ARE NOT NECESSARY. EMPLOYERS WANT TO HIRE FOREIGNERS BECAUSE THEIR STANDARDS ARE GENERALLY LOWER. BUT WE DONT WANT STANDARDS TO BE LOWER, WE WANT THEM TO BE HIGHER.

THIS IS NOT A STATEMENT AGAINST LEGAL IMMIGRANTS....IT IS JUST REALITY. SOME WHO APPLY CANNOT BE ACCEPTED.

CHURCHES OR RELIGIOUS GROUPS SHOULD NOT BE DEFENDING PEOPLE WHO ARE BREAKING OUR LAWS. IF THEY DO THEN THEY ARE ALSO BREAKING THE LAW. I DONT RESPECT THOSE WHO DONT RESPECT OUR LAWS.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

30 years of abusive legals becoming illegal and then the total always illegal, then the anchor babies; 40,000,000 people illegally here

Mexico only has 100,000,000 people; so just from Mexico - how many of this 40,000,000 is their's?

Sponsorship is a fine way to go if someone wants to pay cost of illegals being here. Sponsor a whole family of 8 or 10 "legal immigrants".

But 80% of Americans do not want to pay NO MORE

We are going to get an Anchor Baby Bill, soon!

PUT OUR MILITARY BASES ALONG THE BORDER; AND CLOSE THE BORDERS DOWN; COMPLETELY

DEPORT AND DEPORT SOME MORE ICE - WORK THAT 287 PROGRAM AND SOME MORE ICE.

then and only then when the mess of illegals and anchor babies is cleared up will some of us agree that it is time for legal immigrants

NOT NOW THOUGH

WE ARE A NATION OF RULE OF LAW, BEFORE WE ARE A LAND OF ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by redpony353
    I CAN ONLY SPEAK FOR MYSELF...NOT ALIPAC.

THE REASON WE HAVE SO MANY ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS IS BECAUSE EMPLOYERS WILL HIRE THEM AND THE ILLEGALS DONT MIND DOING THINGS ILLEGALLY. THERE IS NO BROKEN SYSTEM. THE LAWS ARE NOT BEING ENFORCED.

ONLY SO MANY PEOPLE CAN BE ALLOWED TO COME HERE. IF MORE PEOPLE WANT TO COME HERE, THEY CANT. NOT EVERYONE WHO WANTS TO COME HERE CAN BE ALLOWED TO DO SO. THERE HAS TO BE A LIMIT ON THE NUMBER OF PEOPLE WHO COME TO USA. AND IMMIGRATION MUST REVOLVE AROUND WHAT IS BEST FOR OUR COUNTRY AND ITS CITIZENS, NOT WHAT IS BEST FOR THE IMMIGRANT.

THERE IS NO GOD GIVEN RIGHT TO COME TO THIS COUNTRY. IF THE SEATS ARE FULL...THEY ARE FULL.

OUR NATION DOES NOT DEMAND FOREIGN LABOR. THERE ARE PLENTY OF AMERICAN WORKERS TO DO ALL THE JOBS THAT NEED TO BE DONE IN THIS COUNTRY. WORK VISAS ARE NOT NECESSARY. EMPLOYERS WANT TO HIRE FOREIGNERS BECAUSE THEIR STANDARDS ARE GENERALLY LOWER. BUT WE DONT WANT STANDARDS TO BE LOWER, WE WANT THEM TO BE HIGHER.

THIS IS NOT A STATEMENT AGAINST LEGAL IMMIGRANTS....IT IS JUST REALITY. SOME WHO APPLY CANNOT BE ACCEPTED.

CHURCHES OR RELIGIOUS GROUPS SHOULD NOT BE DEFENDING PEOPLE WHO ARE BREAKING OUR LAWS. IF THEY DO THEN THEY ARE ALSO BREAKING THE LAW. I DONT RESPECT THOSE WHO DONT RESPECT OUR LAWS.
    1. The laws are not being enforced because the Illegal Aliens are being exploited by the business for cheap labor but then unions have been fought and the businessman has no loyalty to his flag ONLY to his pocketbook. Put some business folks in Jail but lets face reality, the present administration is lassez au faire (LET IT BE) and anything goes.

2. The system is broken due to the backlog of cases which need to be looked into due to the background checks and records being lost. I have a neighbor who applied for his visa, came here and is working on getting his citizenship but needs the clearence and it is a low priority on the ICE/FBI lists.

3. Each country is given a quota and that quota is 20,000 visas usually, now Iceland has as many slots as Mexico and Canada! Logic tells us we to revisit this and see that we need to revisit this item with careful anlysis.

4. H1B work visa are being abused and low pay is the norm, we need to make thge employer offer the job at prevailing wage, not a BS figure slightly above min wage which means the Bisiness man will cry he can not get any workers to advertisement with the LOW WAGE! Each Employer should be made to pay prevailing wage, post a cash bond for each employee and dependent.

5. Anchor Baby Bills frighten me since my late mother was born in Mexico in 1921 due to her father working for the Railroad and the implications of trying to determine who belongs and who goes could
    reveal some serious problems. I propose that Anchors not be allowed to sponsor any family into the US, however this could create a second class citizenship and I don't see the 14th Amendment being Changed. The sponsorship by Anchor kids should require a through investigation and if their parents were illegally here at birth, then they should be disqualified for entry.

6. 287g should be required for every LEA (Law Enforcement Agency) and any officer letting an illegal slide should be charged with aiding and abetting! I do agree with not breaking up families and deportation should allow the deportee to gather his money (after we tax him or her), his or her possessions to be sold at public auction with remitances to be sent to him and her and FINE THE EMPLOYER! The deportee and his family should be put on the bus with his property he can carry and his earnings should be taxed at 25% +15% (For SS FUND) for a total of 40% Tax.

7. Each Employer should be fined $10,000 each illegal payable to SS Fund for each illegal for every day they worked. TOO BAD if the employer goes broke!!!!! [/quote]

Quote Originally Posted by AcadienRefugee
    Yes there has been priests of moral questionable nature and they are being KICKED OUT as fast as we find them
    Yes, that's why the catholic church has recently paid out hundreds of millions of dollars to victims of predatory priests. Instead of turning these priests over to the authorities after church members complained about abuse, many leaders in the catholic church just blamed the victims and transferred these priests to other churches so they could perpetrate more crimes against children.

...and yes the Bishops are liberal but then they don't care about this world but the world to come, ACCORDING TO THE LORD JESUS CHRIST.
    Jesus never advocated stealing from the rich in order to give to the poor. Maybe you're confusing Jesus with Karl Marx...

Regarding illegal immigration, the leaders of the catholic church should take a closer look at two bible verse's that came straight from Jesus' mouth:

Matthew 22:21 - Render therefore unto Caesar the things which are Caesar's; and unto God the things that are God's.

John 10:1 - Truly, I tell all of you with certainty, the person who does not enter the sheepfold through the gate, but climbs in by some other way, is a thief and a bandit.

1. The laws are not being enforced because the Illegal Aliens are being exploited by the business for cheap labor but then unions have been fought and the businessman has no loyalty to his flag ONLY to his pocketbook. Put some business folks in Jail but lets face reality, the present administration is lassez au faire (LET IT BE) and anything goes.
    I AGREE COMPLETELY.

2. The system is broken due to the backlog of cases which need to be looked into due to the background checks and records being lost. I have a neighbor who applied for his visa, came here and is working on getting his citizenship but needs the clearence and it is a low priority on the ICE/FBI lists.
    SORRY YOUR FRIEND IS HAVING PROBLEMS. BUT I HAVE TO DISAGREE WITH THE CONCEPT OF THIS STATEMENT. WE SHOULD NOT BE ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR MORE IMMIGRANTS THAN WE CAN LET IN. THERE IS A FEE FOR THE APPLICATION. IF WE DONT HAVE ROOM, THEN THE APPLICATION AND THE FEE SHOULD NOT BE ACCEPTED AT THIS TIME.

3. Each country is given a quota and that quota is 20,000 visas usually, now Iceland has as many slots as Mexico and Canada! Logic tells us we to revisit this and see that we need to revisit this item with careful anlysis.
    WELL WE DONT HAVE TO ISSUE THAT MANY IF WE DONT WANT TO. IT IS OUR COUNTRY AND WE SHOULD NOT ISSUE ANY VISAS THAT RUN CONTRARY TO THE GOOD OF THE COUNTRY.

4. H1B work visa are being abused and low pay is the norm, we need to make thge employer offer the job at prevailing wage, not a BS figure slightly above min wage which means the Bisiness man will cry he can not get any workers to advertisement with the LOW WAGE! Each Employer should be made to pay prevailing wage, post a cash bond for each employee and dependent.
    I PARTIALLY AGREE WITH THIS STATEMENT. IMMIGRANTS ARE PAID AT FAR BELOW WHAT THEY SHOULD BE PAID. THAT IS WHY EMPLOYERS WANT TO HIRE THEM INSTEAD OF AMERICANS. BUT I DISAGREE THAT WE NEED IMMIGRANTS TO FILL JOBS. THERE ARE PLENTY OF AMERICANS TO FILL JOBS. THERE SHOULD BE NO WORK VISA PROGRAM WHERE VISAS ARE ISSUED IN "BLOCKS". WE DONT NEED THAT. IN SPECIAL CASES WORKERS COULD BE CONSIDERED. BUT ON A CASE BY CASE BASIS. THERE IS REALLY NO WORKER SHORTAGE AND NEVER HAS BEEN.

5. Anchor Baby Bills frighten me since my late mother was born in Mexico in 1921 due to her father working for the Railroad and the implications of trying to determine who belongs and who goes could
    reveal some serious problems. I propose that Anchors not be allowed to sponsor any family into the US, however this could create a second class citizenship and I don't see the 14th Amendment being Changed. The sponsorship by Anchor kids should require a through investigation and if their parents were illegally here at birth, then they should be disqualified for entry.
    I THINK THAT BABIES SHOULD ABSORB THE CITIZENSHIP OF THEIR PARENTS. IF THEIR PARENTS ARE OF DIFFERENT NATIONALITY THEN THE PARENTS COULD CHOOSE WHICH IS BEST FOR THEIR CHILD.

BUT BABIES BORN TO TWO ILLEGALS SHOULD TAKE THE CITIZENSHIP OF THEIR PARENTS. I THINK IT WOULD BE LESS CONFUSING THAT WAY. ALSO IT WOULD STOP THE PRACTICE OF HAVING BABIES FOR CITIZENSHIP. THIS IS NOT FAIR TO THE CHILDREN. THAT WAY THERE WOULD BE NO ANCHOR BABIES.

AND IF ONE PARENT IS USA CITIZEN, AND ONE IS FROM ANOTHER COUNTRY, AND THEY CHOOSE US CITIZENSHIP FOR THE CHILD....THE CHILD CANT SPONSOR THE NON CITIZEN PARENT. THIS WOULD END SOME OF THE ABUSE THAT IS GOING ON.

6. 287g should be required for every LEA (Law Enforcement Agency) and any officer letting an illegal slide should be charged with aiding and abetting! I do agree with not breaking up families and deportation should allow the deportee to gather his money (after we tax him or her), his or her possessions to be sold at public auction with remitances to be sent to him and her and FINE THE EMPLOYER! The deportee and his family should be put on the bus with his property he can carry and his earnings should be taxed at 25% +15% (For SS FUND) for a total of 40% Tax.
    DEFINITELY AGREE WITH THIS. BUT I THINK THE TAX IS KIND OF HIGH....BUT HEY THATS JUST ME.

7. Each Employer should be fined $10,000 each illegal payable to SS Fund for each illegal for every day they worked. TOO BAD if the employer goes broke!!!!!
    OH THIS ONE WILL CLEAN THINGS UP. FOR EACH ILLEGAL EACH DAY. YEP THAT WILL MAKE EVERYONE FALL IN LINE THATS FOR SURE.

The Catholic Church!

The Catholic Church , in my opinion, should be doing nothing to undermine the sovernity of our country.If you are Catholic ,you probably do not want to look at the video link for you could be offended. I use to admire the Catholic Church.

How could you believe the Catholic Church on anything when it allows the Sisters of Perpetual Indulgence to mock them. Men dressing as Nuns and receiving communion..

Anybody aiding and abetting illegals needs to be punished .Otherwise you are permitting the slavery and murder of innocent people. San Fransisco also has a high murder.

I guess it is is true "' power corrupts; absolute power corrupts absolutely."
    http://tinyurl.com/62cges
    Thomas Jefferson said: When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty !

How could you believe the Catholic Church on anything when it allows the Sisters of Perpetual Indulgence to mock them. Men dressing as Nuns and receiving communion..
    What gets me is the Church pretending it is taking the higher moral ground when it supports illegal immigration, yet permits a mockery of the faith, such as that quoted above, to go on without protest. This also is the Church that has allowed hundreds (if not thousands) of sexual abuse incidents perpetrated by priests to also go on without protest or meaningful action until taken to court by the victims. So much for the higher moral ground. I have no regard for the Church's position on any issue.
    "We have met the enemy, and they is us." - POGO

If, as the Catholic bishops claim, the Catholic Church does NOT condone unlawful entry or circumventions of our immigration laws, then WHY does the US Conference of Catholic Bishops denounce US immigration policy as UNACCEPTABLE?!

THREE cheers for RHODE ISLAND GOVERNOR Donald L. Cacieri! Gov. Carcieri is CATHOLIC, yet, despite the opposition of his OWN church, this great American patriot is FIGHTING ILLEGAL immigration in his state! My hat's OFF to him!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast