Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

parents mistakes because he cant qualify for financial aid. I dont think it's fair that some illegal immigrants

Do you think it is fair that my son is going to the military so he can afford college,,,because his father who was in the Army and fought for this country and me who sent my own self to nursing school can not afford to send him... Yes we have worked all our lives and when I became ill a few years back could not work and there was no help for us because we made to much in the past for any help...WE ENDED UP SPENTING OUR LIFE SAVINGS SO I COULD HAVE TREATMENT AND HAD TO SPEND MONEY FOR MY CHILDRENS FUTURE ...SO PLEASE DO NOT TALK TO ME ABOUT SOMEONE WHO BROKE OUR LAWS AND THEIR NOW GETTING A COLLEGE EDUCATION ON MY FAMILIES TAX DOLLARS while my son must go to the Military for his DREAM ACT..Me and my Children have never commited crimes against anything or anyone...Do my children deserve less
    Never look at another flag. Remember, that behind Government, there is your country, and that you belong to her as you do belong to your own mother. Stand by her as you would stand by your own mother

The DREAM Act is a

NIGHTMARE Act for all the hard working LEGAL immigrants of this country.

We pay taxes not to support other people who have broken the laws.
    If my child cannot get in state tuition even though he is a US citizen then why should a child who is not even a US citizen.

We need to address the illegal issue through ATTRITION

Cut off the benefits:

Free emergency medical
    Anchor baby loophole
    No taxes
    Jobs galore

Hell if I could get these benfits I WOULD WANT TO BE ILLEGAL

Illegls are law breakers and must not be rewarded in any way

I'm not going to feel sorry for those kids. I'm not going to feel guilty because they are not full fledged Americans.

All that guilt and shame needs to be placed on their parents and I really don't care.

Not my doing, not my problem and it sure is an irritation hearing the bull crap sob stories all the time. Seriously, if you don't like it shut up and LEAVE!!!

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

My position:

1. We don't negotiate on guest worker programs, dream acts, etc until the borders are secure and we can stop the influx of illegal aliens.

2. It is not my fault, your fault, or any other American's fault that some illegal alien decided to start an illegal family in this country and subject their children to the downfalls that come with it.

Its not that I have no compassion, its just that I don't believe in rewarding lawlessness. We have true refugees, U.S. citizen down and outs, and legal children looking for schooling that need help. I know where my priorities are.

If your students are employed, some employers will help with education expenses. Some scholarships are still available for educational expenses. However, if your students are illegal and old enough to go to college, the best thing you could advocate is that they look at their options to become legal if they do want to stay here. There are options already, it doesn't take a Dream act.

Learn to love this country and understand the many people and views that work together and respect each other to make this a great country.

Senior Member AmericanElizabeth's Avatar
    Eric, since you are a coordinator for students wanting to go to college, then you can start by helping the children of American citizens who have been sent to prison for long terms. These children did not do anything wrong, but we all know that their lives are wrecked by parents who have criminal pasts and time in prison.

who is giving those kids a "Dream Act"?

What about the kids who's parents make slightly more than what it takes to get any financial help, but simply could not afford to pay for college? Do they get a "Dream Act"? No none do, they all have to get loans and finance their way if they want to go, and most end up not going for that very reason, they cannot afford to be in debt that heavily when they get out of college.

Sorry Eric, I feel bad for those kids, but not bad enough to hand over what little my kids may be able to have, as children of law-abiding American citizens, to someone who is not even supposed to be here. They need to look to their parents for their answers.

BTW, no it is not "fair", but no one said that any of our lives would be fair, thats life and they will have to deal with it just like we and our children do every day.
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Dixie

That was a really rude reply you posted. I'll I wanted was to see others opinions. Thats all. I'm still against illegal Aliens.

It's not a rude reply, it's an honest reply. If you can't stand my brutal honesty, then don't ask the question.

No special treatment for criminals or their children. If they don't like it they can leave.

I have zero, nada, no... sympathy for illegal aliens or their children.

They did it to themselves.

If you are implying that I told you to shut up and leave, then you are mistaken, that was directed that the whinning illegal aleins that want us to bend our laws around their stupidity and criminal activity. I would have addressed you directly otherwise. I appoligize for the confusion.

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I guess then, that my honest opinion is that most of us have not open our eyes to the truth. Most of us dont want to share the wealth to those deserving. Many dont feel bad at all, but how can you say that. I used to be against illegal aliens. But this student open my eyes to reality. We need them. illegal aliens have become the backbone of the U.S. as much as some might oppose this idea, its the truth. The truth hurts. That's why most of you oppose it.

April
    Quote Originally Posted by ericthebestmofo
    I guess then, that my honest opinion is that most of us have not open our eyes to the truth. Most of us dont want to share the wealth to those deserving. Many dont feel bad at all, but how can you say that. I used to be against illegal aliens. But this student open my eyes to reality. We need them. illegal aliens have become the backbone of the U.S. as much as some might oppose this idea, its the truth. The truth hurts. That's why most of you oppose it.

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast