Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

You are entitled to your opinion. It's very easy for me to say that because I'm an America. I work for every thing I've gotten. I've got American values and I don't whine when I don't get a hand out. I work my ass off to get everything I deserve and want. I don't play the whine bag card.

I see a lot of less fortunate and diserving American children that need our resources, which are being passed over because they don't fit into a special interest group. The illegals are streatching our goodness and chairty too thin and are pushing Americans out. There's only so much to go around and the bounty belongs to Americans.

Bird feeder effect.

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I do not want to see illegal kids get anymore breaks. I came here with my husband as he had residency. He had to wait years to be able to sponsor me as a resident so he had to get citizenship in order to get me my residency. In order for me to be legally here I went to university and paid international student fees plus it required I had proof of medical insurance. It cost me alot of money to play by the rules so why should those who don't get a break.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by ericthebestmofo
    Dixie

That was a really rude reply you posted. I'll I wanted was to see others opinions. Thats all. I'm still against illegal Aliens.
    Her reply was honest, not rude. I suppose next you'll be pulling out the racist word and throwing it around?
    Question for you ericthebestmofo, is your job a tax payer paid position?

I am not a teacher. I'm just an Avid coordinator. I just specialize in helping students ascend to college. I just call them my students because It's sort of like a class
    Well, here's a serious suggestion. Why don't you focus your energy trying to help an American student succeed in life? His/her parents paid into our educational system and helped support it, not the illegals.

It is now very difficult to get grants to go to college if you have the brains but not the money. If an American student wants to go to a state other than the one in which they reside, they have to pay even higher rates. An illegal alien on the other hand, can get in-state tuition in some states. The American student who pays out of state costs to attend has some of the money his family pays for that go to help someone who doesn't even belong in this country get an education.

I too am somewhat of a liberal, although changing my stance as the so-called liberals change theirs and want to help everyone but a deserving American. I think your compassion is misplaced. It should go to an American student and his/her family.

While I feel sorry for kids whose parents came here illegally, thereby putting their own child in danger of paying for it in some way, I also feel sorry for American kids whose parents break the law and have to be incarcerated...but the kids pay for the sins of the parents. Fact of life.

Re-focus...channel that compassion to American kids. They need you too.

Well I see you avoid other peoples truth for you own truth...So here is my truth... Illegals need to go to there own Country for there Dream Act and leave our children to their own Dream Act...period
    Never look at another flag. Remember, that behind Government, there is your country, and that you belong to her as you do belong to your own mother. Stand by her as you would stand by your own mother

I agree with you on some points. There is a need in certain industries,particularly agriculture where "migrants" have worked for years. Unfortunately our government never enforced measures that to this day are in place. The bracero program for instance is one. The real problem most people have had is why citizenship or amnesty has to be a part of this. I think most of these people relly do not care about citizenship, they are here to work. Because of failed policies and open borders unfortunately millions have come in and like within all populations there are criminal elements. Years ago immigrants came here legally and were forced to assimilate. There were not millions of Italians,Irish etc. taking over cities. There were no multi-cultural propagandists that nurtured their homeland cultures. Being an American meant something. I know this because I have parents and grandparents who immigrated here. We also did not have the "welfare state." Right now the numbers are too high and uncontrollable and until we can get a reasonable grip on this mess I think citizenship should be put on the back burner. I hope that people do not take this as anti-latino or whatever this is not the issue at least in my opinion.

I guess I am still entitled to my own opinion as much as you are. I still am against the immigration reform, so i hope this confrontation with you DIxie wont affect us in the future. I still want to know what i can do to prevent another bill that would give amnesty to the undeserving aliens.

Eric,
    I went to college and received a degree, do you know who paid for my education?? I DID.
    I worked 40-50 hours each week in the summer, I worked 15 hours a week while I was in school and for ten years after I graduated, I worked to pay off the loans I took.
    What makes them any better than me???
    What about deserving American students?? There's not enough money to go around now! Since when should we educate foreign nationals??
    <div>Thank you Governor Brewer!</div>

I guess I am still entitled to my own opinion as much as you are. I still am against the immigration reform, so i hope this confrontation with you DIxie wont affect us in the future. I still want to know what i can do to prevent another bill that would give amnesty to the undeserving aliens.
    Is your job a tax payer paid position? i.e. do you work for a governmental agency, school ?

Before I made the stand I have against Illegal Immigration I did a lot of thinking & reading.I think what gets some well meaning people bogged down & feeling sorry for Illegals is having individual contact with them & hearing their sad stories.What I had to decide is I cannot view this as a individual problem because my country is in deep trouble,in large part,because of Illegal Immigration.I also decided if anyone is worthy of US citizenship it would be those brave souls in foreign countries who are suffering yet respect us enough not to break our laws by sneaking into our country and would NEVER stoop so low as to steal ID"s which has wreaked havoc on many US citizens.These people have no respect for us and I have none for them.They do not want to become a part of America they want to have their own country within US borders,Sue us,call us racist and whine incesantly about how THEIR rights are being denied.I have a "News Bulletin" for them*** Becoming a US Citizen is a Privilege NOT a Right !**** Granted to those who show allegence to our country,our laws and want to join our US,dysfunctional at times,family ! Futhermore if I were going to help a child go to college thru the Dream Act it would be to a disavantaged long term US Citizen's child.Maybe a Katrina victims child or a Soldiers child NOT a Felons child !
    "A Government big enough to give you everything you want,is strong enough to take everything you have"* Thomas Jefferson

Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast