Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

We are also a world governed by ECONOMIC law which demands a work force U.S. born citizens aren't simply pumping out. That is why, even w/ 12 million illegal immigrants currenty holding U.S. jobs, we still have one of the lowest unemployment rates in recent history.

Quote Originally Posted by chicano
    The same people that are against giving to the poor (in this country) and in favor of separting families are lecturing me in religion.
    Okay, here's your medium. I am an atheist and do not care what your religious views are as long as they do not impose upon others. Also, I can see from the rest of your response that you value objective thinking, taking personal responsibility, and taking action rather than playing the role of the victim. That's great.

Though I applaud you for that, I am also a bit puzzled as to why you would not let your actions show what you claim to believe. If you are so smart and capable, why would you dodge questions, dismissing them as rhetorical and senseless? Obviously, the questions are not rhetorical because she was expecting an answer. Calling them senseless is pretty much calling her senseless (ad hominem) unless you provide justifiable reasons for your claim.

You don't seem like a troll, but dodging questions will definitely send up a red flag. Considering the fact that the questions were in relation to your presence in a community you obviously oppose, it would be in your very best interest to answer them -not just for yourself and CheyenneWoman, but everyone else who has been wondering the same thing.

Dixie:

I'm not a troll because I haven't broken any of the Alipac rules. I'm not "trolling" the website to see what you guys are planning. Everybody already knows that there are people like you that have an anti illegal immigrant agenda, just like there is the pro illegal immigrant agenda. I just like to see what rational people use in their arguements against illegal immigration and like to see how they respond when I attempt to show them the other side of the story. Sometimes I realize that you make good points, and other times not at all. As for the reactions, well, I have to give the prize to crocket for having the best ones. They are the funniest.

I was born in Chicago Illinois so I am a citizen, not illegal.

My parents are permanent residents, not criminals.

Whether or not I am a "sinner" is up to God to decide, not you.

If I was ignorant, I would just lay back and let this whole situation go through without saying a word, since it doesn't affect me.

Crocket:

The words you use are toooo big for an ignorant person like me to understand. WOW! I am amazed ! You are sooooo smart!!

I have to say nice things to you man because seriously, I think you are about to start crying. Once again, the name calling is the best you got? I'm just going to let you cool down. C'mon now, take deeeeep breaths.

Amercian_made, people need to respect our laws. When people break the laws, they must pay the price. In this case, I think it should be fines and assimilation. You all want massive deportations. This is our only disagreement.

Quote Originally Posted by MechEngineer
    We are also a world governed by ECONOMIC law which demands a work force U.S. born citizens aren't simply pumping out. That is why, even w/ 12 million illegal immigrants currenty holding U.S. jobs, we still have one of the lowest unemployment rates in recent history.
    I beg to differ; we are a nation with laws. Not a nation who follows world laws or takes orders from the UN at least not yet. You know one thing that I have always wondered about. If all these people that are coming here are so great, so educated, so determined why do they run from there problems at home and come here? Are they not man enough to force change in their own countries? Build there own great cities. Take a look at San Diego then Tijuana. What a difference yet they are located in the same geographical area. Yet they Sneak across to a sovereign nation, Plan mass protests that they have no right to do and wave flags of other countries. Maybe they should be inciting change in there own land.
    The first requisite of a good citizen in this republic of ours is that he shall be able and willing to pull his own weight.
    Theodore Roosevelt

You all want massive deportations.
    I don't think anyone here is for that and in my opinion, we don't need that.

1. Secure Our Borders.
    2. Crack down on employers that intentionally hire illegals.
    3. Remove incentives and rewards to illegals such as licenses, welfare, and other taxpayer benefits.
    4. Enforce our existing laws and deport illegal aliens when convicted of crimes or detected during routine law enforcement activities.

If these four things were done (and there are already laws in place) I believe most illegal aliens would simply leave and few would be coming in to replace them.

...why do they run from there problems at home and come here?
    I've asked that. The excuses that I've heard are (in no particular order):

Poverty
    Corrupt government
    Work
    "Want a better life ...."

Myself and others have debated all of the above with why those are excuses. Unfortunately, I've never seen an actual answer.
    I don't care what you call me, so long as you call me AMERICAN.

Is that a rhetorical question? Well I shall answer in kind.

Why were there so many Europeans moving here during colonial times?

Why was there a major influx of Chinese even when anti-immigrant groups w/ the same rhetoric most of you bring passed laws such as the chinese exclusion act?

Why were there so many Irish and Italians getting off boats at Elis island?

Why were there many Cubans so desperate to leave their country?

The list goes on and on.

Is it that none of them were man enough to start a revolution in their own country??

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by chicano
    Crocket:

The words you use are toooo big for an ignorant person like me to understand. WOW! I am amazed ! You are sooooo smart!!

I have to say nice things to you man because seriously, I think you are about to start crying. Once again, the name calling is the best you got? I'm just going to let you cool down. C'mon now, take deeeeep breaths.
    You again demonstrate your trollishness by refusing to address my accurate rebuttal or admit to the blatant lies that I called you on. That the best your pathetic little mind can come up with is to pretend that I am angry rather than laughing at your idiocy and transparent dishonesty again defines you as a troll. You REFUSE to actually debate, but rather toss in the random hand grenade and then hide your cowardly arse until you think it's safe to fire another salvo of lies. You are a coward, and my guess is that you would never in a million years have the cajones to try and pull this nonsense in person. You would do what all your ilk do in a public debate, and that is to either meekly concede that you have no argument or else resort to childish false accusations of racism and hatred for the poor. Pathetic, little man. Pathetic.

Is it that none of them were man enough to start a revolution in their own country??
    Somewhere around 60% of the 13 million plus illegal aliens in the US are from Mexico. Shouldn't at least a few of them try and fight for their cause back in Mexico?

This land was pretty much wide open then. They didn't have the population, crime, resources, etc. issues that we do now.

See above.

The list goes on and on.
    So where do we draw the line? At some point the US has to say enough is enough.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by MechEngineer
    Is that a rhetorical question? Well I shall answer in kind.

Why was there a major influx of Chinese even when anti-immigrant groups w/ the same rhetoric most of you bring passed laws such as the chinese exclusion act?

The list goes on and on.

Starting a revolution is your characterization of the action that needs to be taken. If they'd start by getting an education and pressing for change from the local level forward, they might be able to accomplish something. But it's not our problem, because their country is not our country of vice versa.

And for what it's worth, there was plenty of backlash to the massive immigration surge in the mid-1800s. Crime ran rampant in the North for some time before serious crackdowns on Irish gangs and then the disruption of the Civil War restored some modicum of order. The massive influx of Italian immigrants arounf the turn of the century had its price as well, and the Mafia continues to be an irritant in the Northeast. The massive influxes of immigrants in those eras are mistakes we should have learned from, and to some extent did learn from, which is why US immigration laws have become progressively more strict.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast