Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

I don't quite understand the reasoning behind the Guest Worker Program. It takes years to become a legal citizen in the US even for those who come here legally. Just don't understand the benefit to the US by having such a program.

Like Tom said, "the President has the power to secure our borders today"

For some strange reason, just now while reading this thread I got a call from the RNC asking for a donation -- don't know why because I haven't had one of those for years. I used it as an opportunity to ask the caller (probably just a paid telemarketer anyway who doesn't care that much one way or another about political things) that if I donated if it could be used to get rid of our worthless President. I was mad because I was in the process of reading this thread or probably wouldn't have said that.
    Anyway, I told her that while I have donated to several political candidates that I only donate to those who will work to get the immigration mess under control and that I couldn't donate to the party in general.

Thinking about it, it probably is to our advantage to keep the Republicans in control of the House. Because of the the way things work there, having Republicans in control of the committees makes it much more probable that meaningful immigration reform and border security bills at least make it through the committee. Tancredo and the Immigration Reform group probably couldn't get much of anything through if the Democrats controlled those committees.

Anyway, Legal, I think something to be optimistic about is that Bush's approval ratings are already so low that people aren't going jump on his every word just because he is such a popular leader. In fact, many will probably oppose what he says because they already don't like him.

Have there been any releases of approval polls since the speech?

For some strange reason, just now while reading this thread I got a call from the RNC asking for a donation -- don't know why because I haven't had one of those for years. I used it as an opportunity to ask the caller (probably just a paid telemarketer anyway who doesn't care that much one way or another about political things) that if I donated if it could be used to get rid of our worthless President. I was mad because I was in the process of reading this thread or probably wouldn't have said that.
    Anyway, I told her that while I have donated to several political candidates that I only donate to those who will work to get the immigration mess under control and that I couldn't donate to the party in general.
    That was awesome telling that idiot from the RNC that. I bet the numbskull who was begging for the donation was scratching his/her head wondering why you would say such a thing. RNC folk are really dense.
    Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

What I find disturbing about the guest worker concept is that most of the time it is used as an euphemism for something else. To some, guest worker means amnesty, to some it means come and work staying as long as you want and eventually become a citizen, and to some it actually does mean "guest" such as in Tancredo's bill.

Bush approval rating

I wonder who has a better approval rating, Jorge Bush or Saddam hussein ? Hard one to figure out

Quote Originally Posted by BlueHills
    What I find disturbing about the guest worker concept is that most of the time it is used as an euphemism for something else. To some, guest worker means amnesty, to some it means come and work staying as long as you want and eventually become a citizen, and to some it actually does mean "guest" such as in Tancredo's bill.
    What really annoyes the crap out of me is that everytime a guest worker program has ever been enacted in any country whether it be here or elsewhere it has been nothing short of a miserable failure. The Bracero program is a good example of how flawed and misguided a guest worker program really is.

http://www.cis.org/articles/2001/msk02-25-01.html

So if we know that guest worker programs are complete failures then why do our stupid, dense, idiotic elected leaders, these DC bureaucrats keep trying to implement the same freaking insanity, expecting a different result? This failure to learn from repeated history is going to greatly contribute to our national suicide. Enforcement and border security, not guestworker amnesties and repeated lipserve is the only answer to solving our immigration crisis. The only answer to why the elected traitors keep pushing this crap on us is because they think they are above the will of the people. We need to send these traitors packing in 06. That's the only thing they will understand. People in this country need to put party politics aside and worry about their nation first. Send these scumbags in DC a message that they are not above the people and they are not bigger then the people.
    Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote:

That was awesome telling that idiot from the RNC that. I bet the numbskull who was begging for the donation was scratching his/her head wondering why you would say such a thing. RNC folk are really dense.
    Actually, the RNC probably outsources their fundraising calls. The caller was probably in a call center in India or Philippines

For some strange reason, just now while reading this thread I got a call from the RNC asking for a donation -- don't know why because I haven't had one of those for years. I used it as an opportunity to ask the caller (probably just a paid telemarketer anyway who doesn't care that much one way or another about political things) that if I donated if it could be used to get rid of our worthless President.
    I have made a habit of telling the RNC for years that I have no intention of giving money to multi millionaires so they can run for public offices. I have told them that when they run someone who lives in a house on a normal street, sends their kids to public schools and has to work for a living just like I do for President, I'd consider donating. I haven't had any calls since 2004 though.

I always respond to written solicitations, either through e-mail or through USPS mail and cite wide open borders and the harm caused to this country as a result for my reason for not donating to any of them.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Actually, the RNC probably outsources their fundraising calls. The caller was probably in a call center in India or Philippines
    Oh the calls are definitely outsourced but the callers speak perfect English so I don't think it's to India or the Phillipines. I got one so mad one time that he told me it's no skin off his nose one way or another because it was just a six dollar an hour part time job for him. LOL
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Hey guys, from what I understand of the speech (like dman, I cannot bring myself to look at or listen to the bush because I will need medical attention if I do), HE REALLY DIDN'T SAY ANYTHING THAT IS NOT TOTALLY EXPECTED FROM THIS MAN.

I don't see anything new here.

Did someone really expect him to get up there and address this problem in a way that would be satisfactory to us?

We know already what we are dealing with in him. There's no reason to let his little speech demoralize us, because that is EXACTLY what its BLANDNESS is intended to do.

We know the opposition and we know their tactics. Of course they want to minimize and marginalize anything about the Mexican military crossing the border. We already know what all that is about down there. HE'S WAITING FOR the lack of U.S. defense presence TO PRODUCE A MAJOR INCIDENT SO HE CAN DECLARE MILITARY LAW.

The post about Cindy Sheehan's arrest shows you exactly what is going on.
    We are on the verge of a TRUE police state. All the ducks are being set up in a row. We all talk about it, but the more real it gets, the more we have to STEEL ourselves to what the truth is. Once we do that, a speech like Bush's should not elicit much DEMORALIZATION. HE IS A KNOWN QUANTITY.

As William posted recently (can't find the post, sorry so I'll paraphrase it the best I can.) "The first battle we must fight is in our own minds. They seek to enslave us. They have to enslave our minds first."

WE DO STILL HAVE HOPE! What we are facing is horrible, there is no doubt. But we know that, so let's not allow them to get our minds of the POSITIVEs we have going, not even for a moment.
    http://www.soldiersangels.com Adopt a Soldier

"This is our culture - fight for it. This is our flag - pick it up. This is our country - take it back." - Congressman Tom Tancredo

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast