Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

State of Union

I couldn't bring myself to watch, out of fear my head would explode. He keeps saying "guest worker program without amnesty" but, I've yet to hear him say how he would do that. Any guest worker program that allows illegal aliens currently in the U.S. to participate, is amnesty, pure and simple. It is rewarding crime. Are you listening Mr. Bush? Without secure borders and interior enforcement FIRST, there can be no guest worker program. I'll stop now, I feel my head swelling again.
    REMEMBER IN NOVEMBER!

State of the union

He made it very clear folks. Mr. Jorge Bush is a man with a personal agenda. Next time you all vote, make sure you really know the person. I know Bush, he was my freggin' Governor ! I knew he would screw us up just didn't realize how much. Oh well, I better start learning spanish if I want to a productive american

After the speech one of the pundits said 'It was a chastened President Bush...."

That isn't what I saw. I saw a man defiant, determined. I saw an arrogant individual standing there telling us that he would proceed with his plans whether we liked it or not. I saw a man refusing to deal with the realities that he himself had helped to create...a man who did NOT mention the recent incursions into our country by Mexico...or anything else that most Americans might be interested in resolving. It's as if all is quiet on our southern front.

He's talking about 'jobs' as if Americans got some of those jobs..last year I read somewhere that of the 4.2 million jobs created only about 1,000 of those went to Americans...the rest went to foreigners.

I saw a State of the Union speech that dealt with Iraq and Iraq's needs..since when is Iraq part of our untion? A speech that dealt with a lot of things that wouldn't even BE problems had we not so many illegal people in this nation.

One thing for sure...it won't be very long before they'll be coming to us to demand higher taxes to pay for all of this 'help' that the illegals are giving our economy. I'm tired of higher taxes to benefit people in other nations...and rhe aliens in this one. I would like to see a speech about Americans...and THEIR needs.

RR
    The men who try to do something and fail are infinitely better than those who try to do nothing and succeed. " - Lloyd Jones

I didn't listen to his stupid, crummy stump speech. Why bother? Same old tiring empty rhetoric about globalism, tolerance and compassion. The man (if you want to call him that) is nothing more than an empty suit that spews hot air. Listening to him will just make me more angry. I can't stand to hear him speak, I can't even stand to look at him. Everytime I do either I just want to throw a brick through my TV screen. I hope to never have to meet this guy in person. How can America elect such an idiot to be our president?

The American economy is preeminent, but we cannot afford to be complacent. In a dynamic world economy, we are seeing new competitors, like China and India, and this creates uncertainty, which makes it easier to feed people's fears.
    China and India are an economic threat, no thanks to you and your buddy Clinton selling us out for profit. China and India wouldn't even be where they are today if not for your lousy economic, immigration and trade policies that have empowered them at our expense. So yeah forgive us if we are the least bit worried about them become a bigger superpower then us.

So we're seeing some old temptations return. Protectionists want to escape competition, pretending that we can keep our high standard of living while walling off our economy.
    Because protecting everyone elses borders is much more important then protecting our own. Because foreigners should have more rights to our jobs then we do. Because we really want everyone else to suffer while your CEO frat boy cronies live high off the hog. Sorry that we actually are sick of being treated as second class citizens while you incorporate your slave labor force all throughout the world and give them the keys to the kingdom.

We hear claims that immigrants are somehow bad for the economy -- even though this economy could not function without them.
    How was the economy functioning before they showed up? Did the jobs just get themselves done? This statement right here shows you how much hatred and contempt this man has for the American worker.

All these are forms of economic retreat, and they lead in the same direction -- toward a stagnant and second-rate economy.
    HELLO, our economy is becoming second rate. Who's going to pay for all the debt you've racked up with your out of control spending and trade policies? Millions of Americans are getting laid off by the year because you continue to import millions of foreigners each year to take their jobs at a fraction of the wages these citizens use to make. Pretty soon you will have no middle class to pay for all the debt you've racked up. Again how do we trust a guy with our economy who's bankrupted every business he's ever ran? The guy has no concept of how to run a nation, much less an economy. He doesn't learn from history and repeats the same mistakes over and over and does so stubbornly.

Keeping America competitive requires an immigration system that upholds our laws, reflects our values, and serves the interests of our economy. Our nation needs orderly and secure borders.
    These words are straight out of the Mexican governments playbook. If this isn't waving the white flag of surrender I don't know what is.

And we must have a rational, humane guest worker program that rejects amnesty, allows temporary jobs for people who seek them legally, and reduces smuggling and crime at the border.
    Sounds like bull to us. You can keep putting lipstick on this pig and dress it up all you want, but it doesn't look the least bit attractive to us. Just because you want to end our nation, doesn't mean we the people are going to allow it.

To meet this goal, we must have stronger immigration enforcement and border protection.
    When? When are you planning to do this? If you legalize all of Mexico then I guess there will be no need for immigration enforcement at that point. You have done nothing to secure our borders since the beginning of your presidency and hiring know nothings like Julie Myers shows me and the rest of us that you aren't one bit serious about this issue at all. More hotair and lipservice from this snake in the grass. When is America going to learn?

IMPEACH JORGE BUSH!
    Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Go get 'em, dman!!

RR
    The men who try to do something and fail are infinitely better than those who try to do nothing and succeed. " - Lloyd Jones

No anchor baby left behind!
    That isn't exactly true. It is ALL children left behind because they are tyring to educate them all in 2 languages here to accomodate the anchor babies. That means nobody learns anything and I've met plenty of teachers who have to teach in two languages who will tell you exactly that!

I was disgusted with his accusations flung toward the people who want him to stick those trade agreements where the sun doesn't shine and shred the Patriot Act.

I was glad to see him back off flinging accusations at other countries trying to get us into yet another war we don't belong in but I have no illusions that just because he didn't talk a lot about it doesn't mean he won't do it anyway.

Regarding the borders, I'm furious. Who does he think he is to fluff it all off so lightly. He is the reason for all the "terrorists" in this country he spoke about because he's the one who is ultimately responsible for letting them in here.

I'll be making renewed efforts to tell them all we are sick and tired of it and want it to stop! He can blame the Democrats all he wants to but keep in mind that we gave him that Republican congress he wanted and even they are getting ticked off with him!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Call your Senators and say:

"No more guest workers! We have too many here already! Pass HR4437 with no changes!!"

Which is true, we have for example too many H1B guest workers, who are driving down the wages of Americans. I think there are over 1 million legal guest workers already in the US.

Gee, RoadRunner, sounds like you were listening to a speech by the North American Regional Representative and Chief Regional Political Officer of the One World Globalist Coordinating Commission rather than the State of the Union speech of an American President.

Maybe you were.

And, Carsan, I wonder if it makes that much difference if we do know the guy. Does it matter that much if we are sold out by the guy with the -D or the guy with the -R after his name? The powers that be have pretty much removed any real choice before we even go to the polls. Maybe it is democracy in action because if you read the comments of many of the fools on public forums, our leaders do encompass the stupidity of many of their constituents rather well. It seems like one of those vicious circle type things. The politicians brainwash the public and then that brainwashed public elects more leaders that brainwash them even more. I think if history is ever objectively written, the last 40 years could be the chapter "The U.S. Great Spiral Downward; the Rush to the Bottom".

At this point, I don't really want to be a productive American because that means merely enriching the corporate CEOs, empowering the politically powerful, and bowing to the PC ninny thought enforcers.

I feel like I'm on the Titanic and we just hit an ice berg.

I need to think. I'm usually optimistic. When and if I can think of something optimistic I'll try to let you guys know.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

The only thing I saw to be optimistic about is that he didn't declare war on yet another nation or call any foreign leader evil. Not that some of them AREN'T evil but I don't think it's all that diplomatic to be saying so, especially since the pres is the one who helped get them in office.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast