Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

I think way too much importance is being attached to a President who is fast becoming a lame duck. Let's keep tightening the screws on those Senators. We can vote half of them out in November. Keep reminding them of that.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I don't quite understand the reasoning behind the Guest Worker Program. It takes years to become a legal citizen in the US even for those who come here legally. Just don't understand the benefit to the US by having such a program.
    The original "guest worker" was someone who came here with permission for a specified amount of time, did his job, then went home again. Simple. Other countries employ it and it works just fine. They even extend the time the people can stay. However, the EMPLOYER is responsible for those people--their health care, their housing, etc.

Our "guest workers" and many of our "visitors" who have a visa have become people who work for a couple of weeks and then disappear into the woodwork until they get sick, have a kid or experience some other life event that keeps them from being hidden any longer. The moment they overstay the allotted time, they become illegal aliens or illegal immigrants or whatever you want to call them as long as the word is preceded by illegal.

Reagan made several thousand illegal aliens citizens so more decided to try their luck. If Bush makes 20 million illegal aliens "guest workers" they are never going to go home and someone else will come along and grant them citizenship the same way Reagan did to the first several thousand.

Keep in mind that only 3% of the US workforce is comprised of immigrants at all. (I heard this from Tom Tancredo himself.) Part of those people are legal. That means LESS than 3% of the workforce won't be a problem to deport. Even if those jobs are so crappy that Americans won't take them even if they are offered (which is only fair) to them, there are enough people ready and willing to obtain legal status to do those jobs. If some dork has a whole factory staffed with illegals, too bad for him/her.

So, that means that literally millions of people are here who AREN'T in the workforce, who AREN'T legal citizens, and who ARE illegal. We, the taxpayers, are forced to educate their children, prevent them from starving, and provide free medical care to those under 19 and emergency medical care to all. Why would it be a drain on society to deport them as opposed to support them?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

O, JJ...he almost ...just almost...stated an objective...IRAN. Probably the ONLY reason he didn't is b/c our military is stretched so thin...and the re-ups are costing such BIG bonuses...and few are volunteering...and Americans are sick and tired of this war that should have never been...

He has not one iota of backing for further wars...

He's worried about ISOLATIONISTS??? He's CREATING isolationists left right and center. I know b/c I AM one.

RR
    The men who try to do something and fail are infinitely better than those who try to do nothing and succeed. " - Lloyd Jones

Did someone really expect him to get up there and address this problem in a way that would be satisfactory to us?
    That's just it. The guy talks, but nothing ever comes out of his mouth, at least nothing, but hot air. He talks about doing this and doing that, but he never tells you exactly how he plans on making it work. He talks about how everything is all well and good, but never addresses the real problems we face. He talks about Iraq like it's a great and wonderful paradise in developing and yet doesn't address any of the bad stuff. The guy is a rotten snake-oil salesmen and he's terrible at it. At least Clinton was a smooth talker and can get away with some stuff, Bush is such an idiot that you can tell he's lying the second he opens his mouth to speak. I think that's one plus we have on our side because if Bush was as smooth as Clinton, we'd be in more serious trouble then we are now.
    Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

He's worried about ISOLATIONISTS??? He's CREATING isolationists left right and center. I know b/c I AM one.
    Plus the guy talks about protectionism like that's suppose to be a bad thing. God forbid you want your country defended and you want your rights preserved.
    Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

[quote="Brian503a"]Here are the parts of his speech that pertained to immigration.
    http://www.whitehouse.gov/stateoftheuni ... index.html

The American economy is preeminent, but we cannot afford to be complacent. In a dynamic world economy, we are seeing new competitors, like China and India, and this creates uncertainty, which makes it easier to feed people's fears.

American Businesses are relocating to China and India and using their citizens for cheap labor. What are we supposed to do about that Bush?

Quote:
    Keeping America competitive requires an immigration system that upholds our laws, reflects our values, and serves the interests of our economy. Our nation needs orderly and secure borders. (Applause.) To meet this goal, we must have stronger immigration enforcement and border protection."

WHEN ARE YOU GOING TO START THIS BUSH?

AND I LOVE THIS PART: "the American people are addicted to oil"...

AS AN EXAMPLE TO ALL FELLOW AMERICANS, WHY DOESNT BUSH, CHENEY, CONDI AND THE REST OF THE BUSH ADMINISTRATION SELL ALL OF THEIR CHEVRON AND EXXON STOCKS, SO WE WONT HAVE TO "depend on hostile nations... FOR OUR ENERGY PROBLEMS?
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

You and me both, RoadRunner. I have had that tendency for quite some time. But when we gave aid to the tsunami victims who dissed us and our military in spite of our help, then truned right around and let American people die in the streets in our own land, I converted all the way. The open borders only reinforce that isolationist attitude for me.

Maybe if a day comes when we take care of our own people, get the people out who don't belong here and quit letting any more in, I'll begin to feel generous again and think about the rest of the world. Right now, I just can't.

"the American people are addicted to oil"...
    This coming from a president and vice president who have millions upon millions invested in big oil companies. Bush/Cheney need to go take a look in the mirror. Big oil companies are raking in billions of dollars off the backs of US taxpayers and this jack-ff continues to give them corporate handouts which comes out of US taxpayers pockets. Oh you big oil companies didn't make enough profit, here's another 12 billion in US tax dollars, maybe you can finally build us one of those um um refineries (wink...wink...nod...nod). Then he has the audacity to tell us we are addicted to oil, yet he doesn't have the balls to tell us why we're really over there in Iraq and why he wants to drill in ANWR so badly. The guy has done nothing to reign in the big oil companies and their hideous price gouging tactics everytime there's a natural disaster or crude oil goes up a dollar a barrell. The guy continues to talk about finding an alternative energy source. TALK, TALK, TALK, that's all he ever does. Of course if he actually came up with a freaking solution, that would put a huge dent in the profits of his big oil tycoons he's buddies with so you know he aint gonna allow that to happen.

Is it any coincidence that gas prices have good up almost 3 dollars more per gallon in some states since Bush decided to invade Iraq for his own personal gain? Somebody has to pay for it and what does the oh so compassionate Jorge do. Don't worry Iraq, you won't have to pay us back, all is forgiven. What do you mean all is forgiven? We're the fking reason why these bastards aren't under the rule of Saddam anymore, the least they can do is pay off the debt. We went in and did something those gutless waste of oxygen didn't have the spine to do, of course they all of a sudden have the spine to kill the hand that fed it (that would be our troops). I wonder if China will be half as generous? Somehow I aint holding my breath on that one.

Bush is the reason why America has become one of the biggest laughing stocks in the world today.

IMPEACH THIS NATION WRECKING BASTARD NOW AND GIVE THAT VILLAGE IN TEXAS BACK IT'S IDIOT!

Quote Originally Posted by dman1200
    "the American people are addicted to oil"...
    Bush is the reason why America has become one of the biggest laughing stocks in the world today.
    IMPEACH THIS NATION WRECKING BASTARD NOW AND GIVE THAT VILLAGE IN TEXAS BACK IT'S IDIOT!
    DITTO!
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by JuniusJnr
    Reagan made several thousand illegal aliens citizens so more decided to try their luck.
    I liked Reagan, but let's not be too kind.

[quote:3gqddk1y] Immigration and Reform Control Act (IRCA), 1986: A blanket amnesty for some 2.7 million illegal aliens
    Also, note this aspect of amnesties:
    The IRCA amnesty has been tied to terrorism. Mahmud Abouhalima, a leader of the 1993 World Trade Center bombing, was legalized as a seasonal agricultural worker as part of the 1986 IRCA amnesty. This allowed him to travel abroad, including several trips to Afghanistan, where he received terrorist training.
    [/quote:3gqddk1y]
    http://www.numbersusa.com/interests/amnesty.html#1986

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast