Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

If you have the card on your person they can track you where ever you are. The NSA has been playing with this technology for years. I would feel my privacy is invaded as a law abiding american citizen. However, they could use it on people who are not citizens of this country because the government should know where they are. Again this technology will only work if you have the card on your person, which leaves much room for fraud.
    Freedom isn't free... Don't forget the men who died and gave that right to all of us....
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I will never support biometric ID's. It is completey dehumanizing and there is a tremendous possibility for government misuse and exploitation.

I won't even get my cat one of those

WE ALREADY KNOW WHO THEY ARE.

POLITICIANS ALREADY KNOW WHO AND WHERE THEY ARE.

I could go out and without looking further than 1 block arrest 500 - 1000 in one complex (If I had the authority)

You are going to tell me we don't know who they are???

They will use this as an excuse to MONITOR YOU AND ME, so they can fine us and tax us some more, and control us- NOT THEM.

Give me this jerks email and phone number.

OUT this guy - write him
    I'm "Dot" and I am LEGAL!

Quote Originally Posted by BobC
    How is being monitored losing your freedom? I see this more like a hi-tech SS card or drivers license. The gov't doesn't even begin to have the resources to go around tracking people unless they have a really good reason.

Just saying "police state" doesn't mean anything to me-sorry
    Having a GPS chip in your implant won't hinder your freedom or make you subject to constant scrutiny? If you think not, read on.

http://www.infowars.com/articles/bb/sat ... richip.htm
    LIFE WITH BIG BROTHER
    People-tracking closer to reality Deal forged to equip VeriChip with global positioning satellite

WorldNetDaily | December 23, 2004

Setting the stage for controversial tracking technology, the satellite telecommunications company ORBCOMM has signed an agreement with VeriChip Corp., maker of the world's first implantable radio frequency identification microchip.

VeriChip, a subsidiary of Applied Digital , will work with ORBCOMM to develop and market new military, security and healthcare applications in the U.S. and around the world, the company said.

As WorldNetDaily reported , Applied Digital has created and successfully field-tested a prototype of an implant for humans with GPS, or global positioning satellite, technology.

Satellites monitored 24 hours a day from ORBCOMM's Network Control Center in Dulles, Va. (photo courtesy: ORBCOMM)

Once inserted into a human, it can be tracked by GPS technology and the information relayed wirelessly to the Internet, where an individual's location, movements and vital signs can be stored in a database for future reference.

"ORBCOMM's relationship with VeriChip provides yet another new and important industry that will use the ORBCOMM satellite system and its ground infrastructure network to transmit messages globally," ORBCOMM CEO Jerry Eisenberg said.

Initially, after privacy concerns and verbal protests over marketing the technology for government use , Applied backed away from public discussion about such implants and the possibility of using them to usher in a "cashless society."

In addition, to quell privacy concerns , the company issued numerous denials , stating it had no plans for implants.

When WND reported in April 2002 that the company planned such implant technology, Applied Digital spokesman Matthew Cossolotto accused WND of intentionally printing falsehoods.

Less than three weeks later, however, the company issued a press release announcing that it was accelerating development on a GPS implant.
    --------------------
    This page http://www.infowars.com/cashless_society.htm has many links to articles on the matter - all leading up to a cashless society, big brother tracking and a society subject to total surveillance by government.

Like that bracelet Martha Stewart had to wear only very much more sinister in its purpose.

Okay--I want to debate this.

I understand that it sounds creepy--but you wouldn't have to carry it everywhere. I mean you'd only have to have it on you if you were, say, wanting to cross the Canadian border, but you could leave it home if you were going to a strip club.

Am I wrong?

To be clear--I am not talking about a chip implanted in a person, I'm talking about a card you carry--which is what this proposal is about, right?

Quote Originally Posted by iamblueman4
    I will never support biometric ID's. It is completey dehumanizing and there is a tremendous possibility for government misuse and exploitation.

I won't even get my cat one of those
    Good for you! I've heard stories of chipped dogs and cats not automatically scanned when they end up at shelters. So what good are they if they're not utilized? I refuse on other principles, however.

Katrina evacuees whose pets were rescued after the floods reported pets being microchipped yet some of those pets were never reported to the chip company which means the animals weren't being scanned so they've not been reunited with their owners.

Ohio tried to pass a law back about 8 years ago making it manditory to microchip new bon infants in the state. It was shot down at that time, but I have no idea if it was ever brought back up again or not.

I am talking about a card that you carry with you, not an implant. I would never allow anyone to put an implant in my body, no way!!! Cards will only show where you are if you have it on your person.
    Freedom isn't free... Don't forget the men who died and gave that right to all of us....
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Is anybody gonna debate this with me?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast