Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

I do agree that we need to do something ASAP. If freezing everything until we come up with a real solution is the answer, then I am all for it. Maybe that would force our politicians to come up with real answers.

The immigration system has been hi-jacked. I don't know how it happened but we all know why it happened. Corrupt politicians and crooked businessmen.

I have posted some version of the following in response to the many "news" sites trying to equate illegal aliens with immigrants. They really need to wait another 30 or 40 years until those of us who remember the American immigration system are dead. The "undocumented worker system" they have installed in place of the immigration program sucks.

For all who bought into the American Dream and came here legally under this corrupt system we are aware of your plight. You need to know that the Dream did exist and we are fighting to get it back.

Families once came here as a group. Mother, father and minor children all at one time. No separations. Sponsors were communities and churches, not businesses. Sponsorship was enforced so that the newest citizens contributed from the beginning. In addition, their sponsors helped them learn the language, customs, and laws of the land. They acted as advocates through the assimilation process. The ability to change jobs to improve their earning power was a right they had from the start. They came for a new life that benefitted them and America. It was not Utopia. Bigots did and do exist in America just like in every other country on the planet.

You are here under the system that requires you, the worker, to come alone. Welcome to America the corrupt. You get to file and pay fees/bribes for years to stay here. You get to ransom your spouse and/or children the same way. Support groups and advocates for you no longer exist outside those you create for yourself. You also get locked into the job you were offered. Changing jobs means your new master will have sponsored you without getting the benefit of ownership. You also get to work for less than an American would demand because you are dependant on the system to stay here. Americans know the cost of living in America. For you, it's a surprise provided by the business "sponsoring" you. I'll bet it wasn't a pleasant surprise was it?

For those who came legally, do not give up on the dream. We will get it back. The tenacity of the American people who are insisting on righting this wrong is your guarantee.

For those who have corrupted the Dream, your time is up.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345