Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by minnie
    The illegals are not the ones who buy all this junk.
    We are the most consumist people of the world.
    We are the ones who have to stop the ediction to "buy till you drop".
    I consider myself a citizen and not a consumer. I'm saving my hard earned money.

Here are some of the personal boycotts I am doing:

. products made in China,

. products made in Mexico,

. products made in USA - Tyson, Smithfield, Hersheys, Kraft, most prepackaged foods (who knows what's in the package),

. California wine,

. HomeDepot, Lowes

I am investing in local small business and products,

I am planning on buying a top-of-the-line water filteration system, solar charger, battery & generator, and a year supply of food.

The list goes on...
    <div>GOD - FAMILY - COUNTRY</div>

. products made in Mexico,
    I disagree with this one, the fastest way for illegals to voluntarily leave is for Mexico to have jobs for them to do.
    Proud American and wife of a wonderful LEGAL immigrant from Ireland.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing." -Edmund Burke (1729-1797) Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Just got the NW Labor Press yesterday. Now they rate State legislators on how friendly the are to "Working Families." (I think we know what they mean by that)
    The "Gold" rating: all Democrats
    The "Silver" rating: all Democrats
    The "Bronze" rating: all Democrats

In the obviously Hostile to "Working Families" category: Republicans with a handful of Democrats.
    "Men of low degree are vanity, Men of high degree are a lie. " David
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Here is an article on it:

http://link.toolbot.com/wsj.com/93762

"The share of total reserves held in dollars was 66.5% in 2005, up from 65.9% in 2004. And the total amount of reserves has doubled in the last five years. So there are more reserves overall -- and they're concentrated in less reliable hands.

The more closely economists study that data, the more they worry. This radical shift increases the volatility in -- and decreases U.S influence over -- the world's largest market, the $2 trillion in foreign exchange that changes hands daily. The dollar forex market can increasingly be shifted by decisions that foreign governments make about selling dollar assets. What's also at stake is leverage on matters as diverse as U.S. home-mortgage rates and America's global political clout.

"The irony is that the three countries in the world adding to reserves the fastest, and thus buying the most U.S. debt now, are China, Saudi Arabia and Russia, none of them democracies," says Brad Setser, director of research at Roubini Global Economics. Not far behind are Venezuela and Iran, countries eager to use their oil riches to undermine the U.S. "We are increasingly counting on a group of creditors who are not our closest friends but have a bigger and bigger stake in America."

If any of these countries dump the dollar it will send our economy plummeting because they own large chunks of our debt. China has already threatened to dump the dollar if we pull back on buying their tainted goods. I saw this on Neal Cavuto's Your World this last week.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by minnie
    The illegals are not the ones who buy all this junk.
    We are the most consumist people of the world.
    We are the ones who have to stop the ediction to "buy till you drop".
    Well, this "China" thing is good for my pocketbook! I repeatedly walk away
    from items with that "made in" label! Its just not worth it. Makes me feel
    dirty actually! I wonder how many other people are feeling this way.

Ive even started throwing away cat toys. Most of them are from China
    and who knows whats in them. Ill make my cats toys!

Japans Nikki is down. If we fall it will be a cascade affect and they will
    have killed the goose that laid the golden egg!
    PROMOTE SELF DEPORTATION, ENFORCE OUR
    LAWS!

I've stop buying these "chinese made" for a long time. I prefer not to buy then to keep supporting these foes.
    I started buying only organic as normaly organic is made in USA. I prefer not to buy ashoe or clothes whern I cannot find made in US
    I'm refusing to spend money helping this corruption.
    I read that much more banks are coming down also that we are on a very difficult time . If what I read it's true a lot of things are going to change . Let's hope nad pray that it will became true.

yes, well even the Chinese ship that has created the oil spill in SF is being investigated as possible criminal act. Wow isn't China a good friend to the US. NOT

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678