Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by dman1200
    Um, is there something wrong with the website? It doesn't even give me a chance to vote. No voter icons.

BTW, no I haven't voted yet.
    It is IP based, so if you are trying to do this from work, it is likely that your job only has 1 IP (many only have 1 and are behind a router).

What this means is that someone at that IP has already voted. The rules for this suck. A better way would have been to a secure encryption / 1 way hash, which would allow each person to vote, and only vote one time. The problem with that approach is key delivery and some method of validation upfront of who you are, and that you are not using multiple "personalities".

That is why they call polls like this "not scientific". In other words, they do what they can to minimize cheating by "fair" people. Yes, some get caught in the cracks, which it sounds like you have.

Also, like EVERY law, cheats and criminals WILL subert the system. Thus, there will be many who double, triple or 100x vote in a poll like this. As another example, look at DC and handguns (all guns?). You can not possess one at all in the city limits AT ALL, unless you are LEO, HOWEVER, the crooks don't play by the rules and KNOW that law abiding citizens are unarmed, and thus DC has one of the highest gun weilding voilent crime rates around.

H.

I think Tom will sail through this round (looks like the site has done some work to help minimize cheats). However, I think the hardest round will be against Newt (final 4).

Again, this is a PERFECT opprotunity to contact people you know, and try to inform them of what is going on with the borders. The only way we can win is by lifting the blinders of many more people. When people see what is going on, MANY will pick up and help. Army's are not built overnight. They have to be recruited, trained, organized, and finally deployed with specific directions/objectives to be effective. We need to look at things much the same way. We need to recruit as many from the "normal" blind poplation as possible, train them with truth and logic, orgainize into working teams (individuals, and individual voices get lost in the wind), and finally deploy with a coordinated objective into action. We have seen some good organizations/projects lately (Home Depot, Credit Union, MMP), and there is a LOT of press over this. Now is the time to ride the wave already moving forward.

NOW is the time to talk with people you know, to help them see the light, and to overcome what the MSM is projecting this movement as. Something as simple (and actually stupid) as this non-scientific online poll, can OPEN THE DOOR to many people who otherwise would simply be ignorant to the issue, or upset about it, but frustrated and foundering all alone, feeling there is nothing they can do. It helps to open the door, AND it can send a message to the beltway that "It is DAMN time you start paying attention to us!"

[/soapbox]

H.

Quote Originally Posted by Husker
    Quote Originally Posted by dman1200
    Um, is there something wrong with the website? It doesn't even give me a chance to vote. No voter icons.

BTW, no I haven't voted yet.
    It is IP based, so if you are trying to do this from work, it is likely that your job only has 1 IP (many only have 1 and are behind a router).

What this means is that someone at that IP has already voted. The rules for this suck. A better way would have been to a secure encryption / 1 way hash, which would allow each person to vote, and only vote one time. The problem with that approach is key delivery and some method of validation upfront of who you are, and that you are not using multiple "personalities".

That is why they call polls like this "not scientific". In other words, they do what they can to minimize cheating by "fair" people. Yes, some get caught in the cracks, which it sounds like you have.

Also, like EVERY law, cheats and criminals WILL subert the system. Thus, there will be many who double, triple or 100x vote in a poll like this. As another example, look at DC and handguns (all guns?). You can not possess one at all in the city limits AT ALL, unless you are LEO, HOWEVER, the crooks don't play by the rules and KNOW that law abiding citizens are unarmed, and thus DC has one of the highest gun weilding voilent crime rates around.

H.
    Weird I was on an encrypted connection and it wouldn't let me vote, but I went to an unencrypted connection and it let me vote. Very weird. Well Mr Tancredo is well ahead now. It's looking very promising so far.
    Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I'm on DSL and can only vote once per poll.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

NOTE the numbers are quickly (again) running up against Tom. I have been watching and it is a huge swing with almost ALL votes coming against Tom. When people are illegal, or illegal sympathizers, they have no problem not playing by the rulez. Again, there is a HUGE call to get people out to vote.

H.

Part of the problem some might be experiencing may have been in the original URL I posted. It took you to the phaseone runoff which cannot be edited. I changed the URL so now it should point to the current contest.

Additionally I am not so sure it is recording your IP so much as the "refer" in your browser. I was curious about this and voted once for Tancredo, and then I "spoofed" (footnote #1) the site and was able to vote again (oops!!!).

So I suspect it is not IP based but rather “refer� based.

Regards,

Patriotman

Footnotes:

A spoof program allows you to alter the url that you entered a website from. So for instance is my website wants to know who is driving traffic to me, or where my customers come from, I would look at the “refer� token that is passed to determine what site you were at prior to visiting mine.

A spoofer program allows you to set or specify what you want your “refer� to be. In other words I could make it look like I entered www.communist.com from www.whitehouse.gov.

There are several spoofers available for FireFox as it is opensource

addendum...

I tried it again and it caught me on the spoof...which makes sense...I changed my IP address (don't ask) and tried it again and it allowed me to vote once, and then using the spoofer I could vote again but not a third time(and of course we all know I rotated candidates in my policy of fairness)

I wonder how an anonyimizer site would work...hmmm...

Patriotman

Quote Originally Posted by patriotman
    addendum...

I tried it again and it caught me on the spoof...which makes sense...I changed my IP address (don't ask) and tried it again and it allowed me to vote once, and then using the spoofer I could vote again but not a third time(and of course we all know I rotated candidates in my policy of fairness)

I wonder how an anonyimizer site would work...hmmm...

Patriotman
    I think they have used several methods to try to force the cheaters to at least have to try a little harder. I am pretty sure it is a combination of IP, cookie, and like you said, refer. There could also be other "markers" which a HTTP POST command can send, and any of these markers (if they can help distinguish who you are), are being used. I hope they get this working as well as possible, to help keep the cheats down. That makes there a little more fair for all. Again, if you want to see the numbers for Tom increase, then start emailing (or even phone calling) people you know and do your best to help them "see" the problems that exist in the open borders we have today, and how little most in the government are doing about it.

Tancredo is losing.

Tancredo is behind with just over an hour left to vote.

Barbour: 50.2%
    Tancredo: 49.8%

http://www.surveysaintlouis.com/marchmadness/elite8.php

Re: Tancredo is losing.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueHills
    Tancredo is behind with just over an hour left to vote.

Barbour: 50.2%
    Tancredo: 49.8%

http://www.surveysaintlouis.com/marchmadness/elite8.php
    Tom is about 53 votes behind. Again, this looks VERY suspicious, and lots of cheating going on. HOPEFULLY enough emails have been made to wake up people again.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast