Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by rickesteves
    BobC-you left out something very important in your rundown of acceptance of crime and Mexican nationalsrugs.And this acceptance of drugs,both use and trafficking is pretty much the norm with most Latino countries,not just Mexico.The Colombians are now hasbeens and the new kings of the drug trade are the Mexicans.Colombia wholesales the cocaine to Mexico instead of risking shipping it here to the US.Mexico in turn helps provide black tar heroin which Colombia sells in Europe competing wiht the Asian variety of Heroin,as well as selling it to the rest of south America.The Mexicans weild more power now than La Cosa Nostra ever obtained,period.
    Being a retired LEO with over half my career as a narc officer, any crime commited against my fellow tarheels is totally unexceptable by me.
    This is one of the major problems I have with mike Easley the govenor of the great state of North Carolina. Mr hot shot district attorney who ran on his reputation as a great drug warrior who has put so many drug dealers in jail. Now he does nothing to help his fellow citizens in stopping this flow of illegal aliens and the drug traffic that follows them. Drug traffic that is followed by other crimes such as murder and robbery seems to be the least of is worries. Rant and Rave time.......
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Ditto that!

Quote Originally Posted by sonali
    If you guys could see the way mexico treats illegals, you would be shocked.
    Very true. When I lived in Mexico, illegals were in fear for their lives. We needed to have vast hectares of jungle cleared (by hand with machetes), and we hired a truck full of men to do it. They were Guatemalens (common, because we lived very near the Guatemalen/Belize/Mexico border), and they were fearful and timid. They showed us their papers but were fearful of repercussions from the local village if it was discovered that they were helping us. Because even though they were legally allowed to work (which was RARE!), the citizens would attack them for daring to take jobs from the Mexican men. It was not uncommon to hear of illegals being killed - or just "disappearing". Those Guatemalen men worked in Mexico in fear for their lives.

They treat their own (mainly Indians in Chiapas) worse than illegals.
    Risk, excellent point. The Indians in Chiapas and also the Mayans in the Pantene jungle (where we were) are sub-standard beings in Mexico and are treated as such. It's a cultural thing (because most of the Indians don't have any Spaniard blood, and don't speak Spanish), which is seemingly endorsed politically by the land grabs and discrimination policies of the Mexican government.

Quote Originally Posted by BobC
    My Americanized Mexican friends tell me things I cannot believe--things that really give insight into the Mexican mindset. Cheating the system is absolutely commonplace--in fact, it is encouraged.
    Again, so true! When we lived there this was such a huge slap in the face! I asked my local friends about it and they said that stealing is a way of life - the have-nots are always taking from the haves. In fact, it is not only OK, by their cultural standards, but if someone steals from you, then YOU are stupid for getting stolen from - ie: you deserve it!

It was the same way for the corrupt police who pulled over all the gringos to tap them for bribes. For instance, I got pulled over by a Mexican cop for allegedly going the wrong way on a one-way street. That was his official reason, though I certainly was NOT! The cop asked me to drive my car (from the right side of the street) over to a dark parking lot on the wrong side of the street. I pretended not to understand him, and he started to get angry. He told me I would have to pay a fine or go to the police station with him. My 2 year olddaughter was sleeping in her car seat in the back and my initial fear was for her - she's beautiful and blonde and a perfect candidate for kidnapping. Since kidnapping is the number one "industry" in Mexico, and since the cops have a reputation for raping women they stop, I was definitely not going anywhere with him, not to the "station" or to that dark parking lot across the street! As much as I hated to, I paid him the "fine"/bribe to let me go. That wasn't the first time I'd had to do that either. Gringos are tapped by the cops ALL the time while in Mexico.

Also, when buying gas in Mexico, the pumps are rigged so that the attendant can toggle the sales amount so that you pay more, much more, than the actual price of the gas. This is well-known and extremely frustrating, but there's nothing you can do. I routinely paid 500 pesos per tank of gas for my truck, when the price should've been closer to 380 pesos.

Try reporting either of the two experiences above to the authorities, as I have, and watch yourself get laughed out of the building! Remember, we're the hated gringos, the" haves". It's perfectly acceptable - even expected - to steal from us and cheat us. It's the way of life for a gringo living in Mexico. You just get used to it.

It's sad to say but virtually every Mexican American friend I have has told me that they have family members involved in crime. It is accepted and slow to change and the educated members of the family usually try to teach the other family members how to do things the "right way."
    I would have to agree with this quote, too. I found it to be true while I lived there. That's why it is absolutely not even a remote thought in their heads when they come to America that they are breaking our laws by entering illegally. They could care less. It has NO MEANING to them! What's a measly immigration crime compared to regular drug trafficking, poaching (a lucrative business in the area we lived in), kidnapping, or bribery, blackmailing, and coercion?!

My friend Fisa said it is absolutely COMMONPLACE for Mexicans to dump their family dog if it gets sick. They just dump them. This is why you see starving dogs roaming the streets in Barrios. This enraged me but she told me she is trying to teach her family that that's not good. Dog-fighting is also completely accepted. The people at the Austin Humane Society told me that they recommend never advertising free puppies in the newspaper because dog fighters will come and get them and use them for bait for their pitbulls. It's pretty damned sick.
    Wow - all you guys are up on the cultural values (or should I say non-values?) of Mexicans. The dog and cat population is out of control and they don't even think about neutering and spaying - why do that when you can just as easily drown the newborn animals after they're born? My son was horrified that one of his little friends talked nonchalantly about watching his dad drown a new litter of pups in a bucket of rain water. My son was heartbroken for days.

The dog fighting and cock fighting is sickening and so common in every village and town. It's common entertainment and does quite a brisk business. I learned to stay out of town during dog & cock fights.

ALL: I guess I just wanted to ditto your comments, because they are more than just isolated anecdotes. They are the way of life and as Bob said above, they demonstrate the mindset of the majority of this vast underground nation of illegals in our midst.
    HE!D! A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares about more than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by men better than himself. ~J.S. Mills

Hey guys! Great responses! I think it is very important to bring up real-life experiences to drive home the realities of mass immigration of Third Worlders into America. It sounds good to say we should be nice to everybody and tolerant and compassionate but those character traits are what's getting us taken advantage of. Fox is bending NO IMMIGRATION RULES FOR AMERICANS or anybody else.

As you all know, I live in Texas and I could sit here for days telling you experiences I've had with illegals. It just never struck me that most of these people were here illegally until about a year ago. Consider my eyes completely open now. I get really aggravated with Americans who are so completely ignorant of the realities of Mexico.

Heidi you are so right on the money when you say most illegals don't think twice about breaking laws to come here. Some Americans think Mexicans jumping the border are in some huge organized conspiracy (and of course some are) but most are just coming across because laws don't mean a hell of a lot to them. laws, to many of them, are something to be gotten around. I have a friend who used to work in HR for a national corporation which shall remain nameless, and he told me they had 27 people working there who ALL HAD THE EXACT SAME SS NUMBER! Once again, the laws are circumvented and the fact that identity theft can cause enormous problems for the person who really owns that SS number never crosss their minds.

I heard an interview with a white trucker the other day, and he said Mexicans have almost taken over that field and give loads to other Mexicans in priority over whites and blacks. Once again, fairness and the law are ignored. This is how the Third World conducts business.

Now

I heard an interview with a white trucker the other day, and he said Mexicans have almost taken over that field and give loads to other Mexicans in priority over whites and blacks. Once again, fairness and the law are ignored. This is how the Third World conducts business.
    In Ca. we have far more Whites that do this (hire illegals over Blacks,Whites,and Asians) than we do Mexicans.

Quote Originally Posted by BobC
    Heidi you are so right on the money when you say most illegals don't think twice about breaking laws to come here. Some Americans think Mexicans jumping the border are in some huge organized conspiracy (and of course some are) but most are just coming across because laws don't mean a hell of a lot to them. laws, to many of them, are something to be gotten around. I have a friend who used to work in HR for a national corporation which shall remain nameless, and he told me they had 27 people working there who ALL HAD THE EXACT SAME SS NUMBER! Once again, the laws are circumvented and the fact that identity theft can cause enormous problems for the person who really owns that SS number never crosss their minds.
    In Ca. we have far more Whites that do this (hire illegals over Blacks,Whites,and Asians) than we do Mexicans.
    All these personal experiences really confirm the need to control this throng of non-law-abinding non-citizen illegal immigrants... I find these experiences very illuminating and I appreciate all the posts here.

Yet, I'm not sure which group has the least respect for our immigration laws: illegal immigrants, corporate executives, or government leaders...

Although there's no excuse for breaking the law, our highly educated executives and politicians who are in positions of power should be held accountable to the highest degree for breaking our laws.

Our corporations / politicians obviously don't care about identity theft... Or care that American citizens aren't discriminated against... Illegals can't take jobs from corporations that are NOT willing to give them... Illegals would not be able to cross borders of governments that enforced them... Corporations would not be able to discriminate against citizens if our government didn't let them.

There should be a list of corporations who break our immigration laws... They break the laws knowlingly or hire contractors so that they can maintain "plausible deniability"... There's no excuse.

Our whole immigration policy is a conspiracy between the elites of Mexico and the elites of the U.S... Our politicians give lip service and marginal border security in order to placate U.S. citizens, but secretly they want to keep the cheap-labor trade flowing in order to keep the campaign contributions flowing from the cheap labor corporations.
    Who Left the Door Open? - Time Magazine - September 20th, 2004
    T.J. Bonner, president of the National Border Patrol Council, a labor organization that represents 10,000 border-patrol employees, believes the solution is obvious. The U.S. government, he says, should "issue a single document that's counterfeit proof, that has an embedded photograph, that says this person has a right to work in the U.S. And that document is the Social Security card. It's not a national ID card. It's a card that you have to carry when you apply for a job and only then. The employers run it through a scanner, and they get an answer in short order that says, Yes, you may hire, or No, you may not. That would cut off 98% of all the traffic across the border. With your work force of 10,000 border-patrol agents, you actually could control the borders.

But Bonner doesn't see that happening anytime soon because of pressure from corporate America... "All the politicians - it doesn't matter which side of the aisle you're on - rely heavily on the donations from Big Business," he says, "and Big Business likes this system [of cheap illegal labor]."
    The illegal immigrants are like ants... The corporations put sugar on the table... The government encourages this corporate behavior... It's not that the illegal immigrants are blameless, but just that they're weak compared to the corporations / governments... If the powerful people in the U.S. wanted to stop it, they could.
    Investigations targeting employers of illegal aliens dropped more than 70%, from 7,053 in 1992 to 2,061 in 2002.... Arrests on job sites declined from 8,027 in 1992 to 451 in 2002.... Perhaps the most dramatic decline: the final orders levying fines for immigration-law violations plunged 99%, from 1,063 in 1992 to 13 in 2002.
    Also, U.S. corporations (run by executives who are U.S. citizens) routinely prefer importing workers who are either illegal immigrants or guest workers... This is because they can be exploited more easily than citizens or green-card holders.
    Some Lost Jobs Never Leave Home - Washington Post - May 2nd, 2004
    Stephanie Tabone, of the Texas Nurses Association, charges that hospitals choose to hire foreign nurses to avoid improving working conditions and raising pay for American nurses. 'Hospitals can bring in even very experienced nurses from abroad, and call them entry level, so they can get away with paying them less,' she says."
    "We have it in our power to begin the world over again." (Thomas Paine 1776 "Common Sense") "The cause of America is in great measure the cause of all mankind." ("Common Sense")

lost_mummy--to abandon illegal immigration law to reach the massive illegal flow we have today required total abandonment of law by government officials apparently willing to sacrifice the United States to get their name in a history book (?) for having done so (?) or a piece of the big pie when the plan is finalized by the corporate oligarchy and they get a seat at the table of a new world administrator (?).

(?) I believe--true.

Without the United States, the face of the World will be very different than what most of us thought we were working to achieve.

We need the assistance of other nations that understand the importance of the United States to the future of the World.

What many cooperating (conspiring) nations in this demise of the United States may not understand or realize is that none of the masses will benefit, only the elite. When that becomes apparent to the flaw in the plan for a global market reporting to one authority, there will be no United States to restore freedom and democracy anywhere.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Well said, Judy !!!

Yet, I'm dubious about whether we can get other nations to help, since they're also run by elites who don't really value democracy or care about the masses (e.g. Mexico).

I think it falls upon the "peons" of the world (e.g. regular folks like the people in this forum) to stop the authoritarian New World Order... And as Bill Moyers said on Lou Dobbs show, "if we wait too long, it may be too late."
    Quote Originally Posted by Judy
    ... there will be no United States to restore freedom and democracy anywhere.
    Here's a short clip of the interview between Dobbs and Moyers :
    BILL MOYERS, AUTHOR, "MOYERS ON AMERICA": Same to be here.

DOBBS: And your book is, I must say, I consider myself a rather straightforward fellow, but you get right to it, in talking about the idea that democracy is dying. What do you mean by that?

MOYERS: Well, I mean that the soul of democracy is representative government. We can't all make policy. We can't all keep a watch on things. We elect representatives who go to Washington and we expect them to make their best measured judgment in our behalf. We won't agree with them all the time. We won't disagree with them all the time.

But when they go to Washington now, Lou, you know as well as I do that they more often follow the dictates of their big donors than they do of their voters. Whether it's in our middle (ph) policy, tax policy, trade policy or whatever. The people who buy access are the ones who get the last word. And that's what I mean by that. The rich have every right to buy as many homes as they want, as many cars as they want, as many gizmos as they want, but they do not have the right to buy more democracy than the rest of us.
    CNN.com - Lou Dobbs Tonight - May 10, 2004.
    "We have it in our power to begin the world over again." (Thomas Paine 1776 "Common Sense") "The cause of America is in great measure the cause of all mankind." ("Common Sense")

lost_mummy: There are more free nations in the world today than ever before in the history of the world whose people have the ability to express their views and opinions through these forums.

What's afoot will not only be the end of the United States as nations and people across the world now for many decades have relied, it will be the end of freedom throughout the world and for those who dream of it, the end of such a dream.

It's clear now that the United States government has made wrong choices in many areas. But, the American People did not make those choices and many questioned, pried, argued and pleaded to different policies such as environmental and energy policies. And, our nation's ability to be a better world citizen has been directly countered by the economic drain of illegal immigration, population control, energy conservation, fuel efficiencies, and alternative fuels.

This will change and things will get better.

However, what's afoot now has nothing to do with the environment, nothing to do with energy policy, nothing to do with oil prices.

What's affoot has only to do with a change in the political power of the United States which will result in a grotesque change in political power throughout the World!
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Right on Judy

What is unprecedented in HUMAN HISTORY is a nation whose gov't has apparently decided on it's own that they are going to merge it's people into a hodgepodge of other nations without any game plan and absolutely no public debate on whether or not WE want this! This is out-pharkin_rageous. I am stunned at what Bush is trying to pull here. What in the hell is a country with no borders? What political system, praytell, is going to run the show? Vicente Fox's police state? Columbias? Canadas? The US?

Guys this is THE biggest, craziest scheme I have ever seen in my lifetime. Did you all hear Tom Tancredo's interview on A Closer Look last week? It was shocking and disturbing and it is clear he's seeing exactly what I'm seeing. He said "you can't even trust your own government." The ramifications of this merging with Mexico and Central America, with absolutely NO PLAN on how to deal with the social stress it will doubtlessly create, is beyond outrageous.

Bush is telling me that Social Security will not be there for me when I get to the age where I NEED it, after paying into it my whole life, and then out the other side of his mouth he's trying to make it so ILLEGALS can tap into that very same fund? What the HELL is going on here?!!

This man is SERIOUS bad news

Here! Here!.. I second these last 2 posts.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast