Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Molly, you are right. It is truly a sad time in America. Do we even have a democracy anymore? This is something diabolical.

I've been thinking about this as well. Especially with the recent fraud in the House, I feel that our efforts and democracy are being overturned. I fear that the end is near. I just hope that I can make it out of the country before they change the laws and force us to stay. Once all the $$ leaves, then all the anti-american illegals and al-queda terrorists will have nothing left to steal from our once great country. Nancy Pelosi and Shrub will have to force the American taxpayers to stay and slave away our lives for them so they can have their 5 children, work part time and live in section 8 houses next to us.
    The John McCain Call Center
    [img]http://news.bbc.co.uk/olmedia/815000/images/_818096_foxphone150.jpg[/]

Quote Originally Posted by TexasCowgirl
    I've been thinking about this as well. Especially with the recent fraud in the House, I feel that our efforts and democracy are being overturned. I fear that the end is near. I just hope that I can make it out of the country before they change the laws and force us to stay. Once all the $$ leaves, then all the anti-american illegals and al-queda terrorists will have nothing left to steal from our once great country. Nancy Pelosi and Shrub will have to force the American taxpayers to stay and slave away our lives for them so they can have their 5 children, work part time and live in section 8 houses next to us.
    Well, I know we can't leave. I just hope we can afford to help our children leave = if they choose.

Just haven't figured out where to go.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by nntrixie

Well, I know we can't leave. I just hope we can afford to help our children leave = if they choose.

Just haven't figured out where to go.
    It's not that hard. It will take time and organization to liquidate all your belongings here, and you should be able to become debt free (or close to it) and fund your trip. You could probably have an extra decade in Canada, but it seems like Austrailia has strong immigration policies. Maybe you could apply for refugee status.

The first step my husband and I have done is commit to not purchase any more large items - no new car, no new house. We are working to pay off all our smaller debts now, which we dont' have that much of because we are very careful about that. Any extra money will be invested into our house in updates to maximize our resale whenever that will be - 3,5,8 years perhaps. Once we sell our home we will not buy a new one. We will also be traveling over the next 2-3 years to different countries to plan where we want to move. Of course, I think much of this will really depend on the 2008 presidential race and the legislation passed in the meantime. But, we are at least starting our first steps now just in case.

As far as financial things, yes, I can see that. It is the 'where' that bothers me. I am not sure Canada or Australia, for that matter, would want us.

I actually think the advanced nations of the world are either suffering from the same stupidity as we are - or they are working to see it doesn't happen in their country.

Not sure, unless you have a job already or loads of money, that we Americans are going to be that welcome.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I think you can't go wrong with working towards being debt free, and in the meantime finish up any college or work towards some kind of skilled training. I have a bunch of college credits I need to wrap up, which I need to start working on. No matter what the media tells you, money and education/skills are a universal benefit. At least we're smart enough to see the writing on the wall now, while we have a few years to prepare.

Debt free - absolutely. It is one of the most important things Americans can do.

Being old fogeys, we don't get caught up too much in that. I just wish I could convince one of my kids of the importance of that and being as self-sufficient as you can be.

Debt and junk buying (Wal Mart kind) go hand in hand, but it is what is causing so many problems in today's families.

Most Americans don't actually 'own' anything. They are making payments.

It's sad isn't it that we are now talking about moving to other countries because our country has been taken over by the traitors in our government? Bush and the rest of the government all act like a bunch of foreign agents who are working against the American people. All the top tier candidates for president just want to continue the same corrupt policies as Bush. Everything they do is about helping the illegal aliens with our tax money and erasing our borders and our culture. We are watching the quality of our lives disappearing every single day. Our government isn't protecting us, they could care less about us. Our infrastructure is falling apart around us while our government spends billions of our dollars improving the infrastructure in foreign countries. I never thought something like this could happen to our great country. I never thought that I would see the day that I would despise and distrust our own government either! If I could find a country that was like the America I grew up in, I would try to leave too!

I AM NOT MOVING! This is NOT their country! All we need are some GOOD politicians and a President who are willing to WORK FOR AND REPRESENT "we the people". This is NOT a country of immigrants. This is OUR country in which we allow countries from AROUND THE WORLD the chance to legally immigrate. We should not be treated as racists and hate-mongers just because we don't want to illegal immigrants to come here. I am tired of treating them to free maternity care, health care, wic/food stamps, and education, when I am having my own quality of life go down as a result. I RESENT ILLEGAL ALIENS! DEPORT THEM ALL ASAP!
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by butterbean
    I AM NOT MOVING! This is NOT their country! All we need are some GOOD politicians and a President who are willing to WORK FOR AND REPRESENT "we the people". This is NOT a country of immigrants. This is OUR country in which we allow countries from AROUND THE WORLD the chance to legally immigrate. We should not be treated as racists and hate-mongers just because we don't want to illegal immigrants to come here. I am tired of treating them to free maternity care, health care, wic/food stamps, and education, when I am having my own quality of life go down as a result. I RESENT ILLEGAL ALIENS! DEPORT THEM ALL ASAP!
    I am with you - except ---

Yes, we need good politicians - but we don't have them, and we can't wait for them to do something.

Leaving? I am not either - but you bet I will make it possible for my children and grandchildren, if I can.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast