Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Just didn't want it to seem to be a braggart. Actually, I am very grateful all my ancestors chose to come here and that they worked to make it what it is. What we all do now, is what is important.

I guess I am trying to say I am working for my children and grandchildren but I also feel an
    obligation to my ancestors who made it possible for me to be here.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Senior Member BorderLegionnaire's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nntrixie
    Just didn't want it to seem to be a braggart. Actually, I am very grateful all my ancestors chose to come here and that they worked to make it what it is. What we all do now, is what is important.

I guess I am trying to say I am working for my children and grandchildren but I also feel an
    obligation to my ancestors who made it possible for me to be here.
    Thats what I hope all Americans would want! A stable future for there children and grand children!!! And a country that still represents them and not illegal criminals that steal from them!
    Our country's founders cherished liberty, not democracy.
    -Ron Paul

working4change
    We are not weak, if we make proper use of those means which the God of nature hath placed in our power... The battle, sir, is not to the strong alone; it is to the vigilant, the active, the brave.
    -- Patrick Henry

Quote Originally Posted by working4change
    We are not weak, if we make proper use of those means which the God of nature hath placed in our power... The battle, sir, is not to the strong alone; it is to the vigilant, the active, the brave.
    -- Patrick Henry
    Yes, but we have to be united and we have to identify all the means which God has given us - and use them.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

working4change
    absolutely!

There was no slip people, I meant Republicant's.

I think the longer your family has been here, the angrier you should be. I know I have at least 5 generations who have worked, paid taxes and sacrificed to build this country and I can't stand that people from another country feel entitled to anything they have helped to build. It makes me sick.
    The John McCain Call Center
    [img]http://news.bbc.co.uk/olmedia/815000/images/_818096_foxphone150.jpg[/]

I'm not advocating leaving. I said IF I did, my preference would be for Australia or New Zealand and that I've thought about it for years - long before things got so bad here, since I was a little kid actually. Also I said it isn't so easy to do as some people might think, because Australia and New Zealand have rational immigration policies, unlike the USA.

I do understand the thinking though. If they succeed with their NAU and turn the USA into a virtual third world nation, I could see how people would want to leave to find a better place for their families to live, just like the people in Europe left there to come to the USA. But I'm in no way, shape, or form ready to give up on the USA.
    All that is necessary for evil to succeed is that good men do nothing. -Edmund Burke

I am not giving up - just trying to provide options for my children and grandchildren.

We are, however, nearing the point of no return. I fear if we wait until this next election - just hoping for help from WAshington - we are in trouble. By that time, it will be too late.

Quote Originally Posted by BorderLegionnaire
    Quote Originally Posted by AmericanElizabeth
    "Our obligations to our country never cease but with our lives"

Personally, I firmly believe this and I plan to die here, either in peace or fighting for what my ancestors worked so hard to make, no one will get it from me.

If any of you have ever spent time in Oregon, you will see how most of it is still as it was when settlers first came through, most of it has yet to be touched by ANY amount of "civilization". This is why I am never giving up, my home is here and it is too good to let get into the hands of some ungrateful illegals who will only trash it all up, and big business who will destroy it by raping everything valuable out of it. NO WAY
    At one point since the early 1900's Long Island was all farms and summer homes. To bad now it is an overcrowded suburb full of illegals and over priced housing... All of the original Pilgrim and Dutch settlements have been razed and build over by modernization!!!

I am part of my local civic group fighting to keep a house and farm from the 1800's up and to enjoy our past history for all future generations that seem to forget that our town was all once farms!

Hi fellow "Islander!" I'm over in Lindenhurst. I agree with you. I love Long Island's history. I particularly love it out further East, but you can see that it is also becoming more over crowded. I'd be very upset to see the family owned farms disappear! What civic group do you belong to that helps protect historic farms? Good luck! For the sake of our history, I hope you succeed!

Quote Originally Posted by nntrixie
    I am not giving up - just trying to provide options for my children and grandchildren.

We are, however, nearing the point of no return. I fear if we wait until this next election - just hoping for help from WAshington - we are in trouble. By that time, it will be too late.
    I agree. Especially if we are being active in emailing, calling and faxing our reps, calling in to talk radio and being heard wherever we can. If our representation is not representing us, and keeps handing everything over to illegals, why should we stay and pay for it? Fight to the end, but if it does end, do what is best for you. Otherwise you will be supporting what destroys you.
    The John McCain Call Center
    [img]http://news.bbc.co.uk/olmedia/815000/images/_818096_foxphone150.jpg[/]

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast