Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

English v Spanish

http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...ogID=138724074
    I posted this on my blog. tell me what you think.

In America today there is a war being waged on the English language. Our schools are teaching less of it, our gov't is ignoring it and our communities are being filled with illiterate people who can't speak or write it.

I am suggesting a new program that I call "English Commerce" the idea is to have companies signup and join a network of businesses that agree to certain language terms. Here are the levels of terms

Eagle - The 'Eagle' businesses will agree that ALL of their employees will understand and speak english. They will have signs on their doors and in their windows that say "Welcome, English Spoken Here".

Liberty Bell - The 'Liberty Bell' members will agree that ALL of their employees will speak ONLY english at the work place. That means bus boys, waiters, cooks, etc... will speak english. If a customer overhears another language being spoken they can report the business to the main organization and their status may be downgraded or they would be removed.

The 'English Commerce Non-Profit Org' will provide signs and stickers promoting the english language be spoken at these places of business. As well as an online directory and other ways to help promote the member groups.

Pros: This could give a substantial increase in local market shares to companies where customers may not always feel welcome with the staff knowing our language.

Cons: LULAC and LaRAZA and possibly the ACLU will call this racist and demand that businesses not join this group and that the gov't shut it down. This could be easily countered by showing the numerous stores/restaurants where hardly anyone speaks english.

What are your thoughts on this?
    http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...ogID=138724074

Great Idea!! Just be sure to cross out the "freedom of speech" part of our Constitution.

No, it's still freedom of speech, and there's no racism. Everyone is equally free to speak English.
    I don't care what you call me, so long as you call me AMERICAN.

Quote Originally Posted by chicano
    Great Idea!! Just be sure to cross out the "freedom of speech" part of our Constitution.
    chicano, thanks for that. your being rude is very much appreciated.

this is not a law, it would be just like what La Raza started in the late 80's. The "habla espanol" campaign was paid for by American Taxpayers to businesses in the form of grant money, it was not a popular grass roots movement becuase that lil part of the USA, the under 7% who don't speak enlgish well enough to be considered literate, came forward and demanded. It was paid for by a group of only one race for the good of only one race.

This program will be VOLUNTARY, and for the good of all the American peoples. To combine us and not segregate us.

The pro immigration posse must be getting nervous about our impact against their movement! Why else would we see so many trolls entering?

We are winning!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

CC, do you really mean pro immigration, or pro illegal immigration? Do you even know what the whole fuss is about? Or am I the one who is wrong here?

CC, do you really mean pro immigration, or pro illegal immigration? Do you even know what the whole fuss is about? Or am I the one who is wrong here?
    ummm i think this is a good time to bid you a fond farewell chicano, it was nice knowing you

Banned
    So you are as ignorant as you are rude?

Allow me to provide you with the civics lesson your Mex-friendly educators never favored you with:

The protections of the Constitution's Bill of Rights are protections for the citizens and states from the federal government. The party limited by the articles of the Bill of Rights is the government, not the People. In Amendment I the focus is even more narrow, with its prohibitions being on a single branch of government, as made evident when it begins, "Congress shall make no law respecting..."

Speaking of respect, you should show more of it and less of your galloping ignorance.

Banned
    See above. You are generally the one who is wrong here.

The immediate pressing issue is illegal immigration, but immigration in general is sorely in need of reform as, for example, professionals from other parts of the world are being brought over here, not to fill jobs that cannot be filled, but to undercut higher-paid American-educated professionals such as doctors and engineers. Also, many refuge laws favor unskilled peasants for immigration over the skilled laborers that are required in some fields. Our immigration policy is a mess from top to bottom.

this is not an illegal immigration topic, mearly a topic on how to combat the dying tradition of actually speaking each others language.

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast