Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Man, are you telling me our house has trolls. Give me a sec. and I'll see if I've got some troll traps
    I'm really bored with all three. By the way, what happened to Queen Troll DD?

I AM A LATINO, AND I AM PROUD OF MY SPANISH LANGUAGE, BUT, BUT IN THE USA, ENGLISH IS MY LANGUAGE!!! I MUST RESPECT THAT!!
    I will always Stand by the Eagle, I will never betray the Eagle, I am loyal to the Eagle!

my town's debate forum...

I'm going to post below a response to the topic "Illegal Aliens in Waukegan Part II" on my town's website. I'm thinking of an appropriate response to him. I will use some of the info on this topic. Certainly he proved the point. The woman left in a 'huff' proving she felt a sense of entitlement to being served in her 'native language.'

http://www.waukegan.org/Forum/forum.asp?FORUM_ID=4

__________________________________________________ ________

chiapas

55 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2006 : 23:20:42 Show Profile Reply with Quote
    Do you believe big stores should have bilingual personnel?

I was at a a department store this weekend and one of the customers didn't speak English very well. She asked if there was a worker who spoke Spanish who could help her. Even though I don't work there, I was about to help her, but she left in a huff because the store didn't have any customer service person who spoke Spanish. Many of you might find this feeling of entitlement repulsive, but the bottom line is that these Hispanics are consumers and if you want them to do business with you, it behooves you to have people who can help them in Spanish.

It's a complete myth that they don't want to learn Spanish. Adult ESL classes are always packed and many of these immigrants work two, three jobs and don't have the time for these classes. All of their children end up speaking English.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

It's a complete myth that they don't want to learn Spanish.
    Is he saying it's a complete myth that Spanish speaking people (like the lady in the story) do not want to learn Spanish?

Does that make any sense? Is that a typo? Help me out here cause I'm confused.
    I don't care what you call me, so long as you call me AMERICAN.

spanish

Whoa, I didn't even catch that. He most assuredly meant English. I will bring that up on the forum. Fruedian slip?!

Thank you
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Rofl, I saw that and ...
    I don't care what you call me, so long as you call me AMERICAN.

Quote Originally Posted by redwhiteandbluelatino
    I AM A LATINO, AND I AM PROUD OF MY SPANISH LANGUAGE, BUT, BUT IN THE USA, ENGLISH IS MY LANGUAGE!!! I MUST RESPECT THAT!!
    thank you for your words of support for this idea. It is my hope that some sort of coalition of groups can bring this idea to reality. I have also had many hispanic/latino neighbors support the idea because it would give those of their race who choose to speak spanish only a feeling of isolation giving them a reason to pursue a working understanding of the english language (thus assimilation, at least in part)

Yeah Chicano, please tell me how "Se habla Espanol" is not racist but "English spoken here" is. Please don't not answer me. I really need to know.

I don`t believe that he is as young as he claims. He vocabulary is too high strung.
    He`s testing us and he enjoys it.
    Admit it Chicano.
    ------------------------

Arizona......... (why do I even bother.........)

When did I tell you "speak english here" is racist? I can't believe that it is ME, the one that constantly has to remind people that this problem is not about race but about legal status. But please, correct me if I am wrong.

And mk, yes I am 18. Thank you for taking notice of my vocabulary skills :P .

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast