Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by mkfarnam
    Quote Originally Posted by stevetheroofer
    "Baseball isn't the same as when we were young! A beer! and a dog! Please!"
    "Go team go!" I hope ol' dude pulls through this okay! I been praying he does!
    Nothing is like it use to be.
    And that Is the Gods honest truth....

working4change

This incident does sound much more like the things we read about in other countries, not here in the US. Sure American fans brawl at games sometimes, but Ive never heard of someone getting their brains smashed up like this.

This attack was extremely savage and possibly indicative of something much broader than sports rivalry. It bears looking into.

People can post crimes here where we have indicators, like gang tattoos, that suggest the perpetrators may be illegal as long as the person posting the info is actively seeking the identity and immigration status of the assailants.

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I really think the gang members really wanted an "excuse" to beat up a white person more than they wanted a chance to beat up a rival team fan-I'll bet they would have left alone a Latino who was wearing the rival team colors!!!

Quote Originally Posted by sacredrage
    I really think the gang members really wanted an "excuse" to beat up a white person more than they wanted a chance to beat up a rival team fan-I'll bet they would have left alone a Latino who was wearing the rival team colors!!!
    That may or may not be true. Certainly I've always been annoyed at how the "hate crime" laws rarely seem to cover whites when they're the victims. But here in San Francisco the nortenos and the surenos are killing eachother with numbing regularity.

Acebackwords: Oh, OK-you live there and you know better than me!

Quote Originally Posted by sacredrage
    Acebackwords: Oh, OK-you live there and you know better than me!
    But I certainly don't dispute your point either, Sacredrage.

working4change
    Nearly $200,000 raised for Giants fan beaten at Dodgers opening game

The donations keep rolling in for Bryan Stow, the Santa Clara paramedic severely beaten at a Dodgers game two weeks ago.

At a fundraiser Monday at Dodger Stadium, more than $60,000 was raised, said American Medical Response spokesman Jason Sorrick, bringing the total raised for Stow, who works for the company, to almost $200,000. And that's before the San Francisco donations were included.

The Giants ball club contributed $10,000.

At the stadium fund-raiser, former Dodgers manager Tommy Lasorda wrote a check for $5,000, misty-eyed as he handed it to volunteers.

"I shed a lot of tears. He didn't deserve it, he was a nice young man," Lasorda said later in a phone interview. "This guy is in a coma in the hospital — I mean come on, over a baseball game?

"It could have happened in any ballpark in America," he added. "I think it was very good for Dodger fans to come together to show their respect and sorrow for this young man."

Santa Monica resident Victoria Caldwell, 40, a bookkeeper for an entertainment accounting firm, said she saw news of the fundraiser on television and came down with her miniature pinscher, Minnie.

A Dodgers fan since childhood, Caldwell said she was shocked by the violence but believed it was important "to stick together and show our commitment" by helping with Stow's healthcare costs. The attack, she said, was an isolated incident.

-- Gale Holland

Photo: San Francisco police were out in force at the Giants-Dodgers gahttp://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow ... ame.htmlme Monday. Credit: Beck Diefenbach / Reuters

April
    Lets all encourage AZ Gov. Jan Brewer to fight on!

http://www.alipac.us/ftopicp-1211931.html#1211931

working4change
    Related Thread Here Bryan Stow Dodgers Fan

http://www.alipac.us/ftopict-234537.html

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast