Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by BearFlagRepublic
    Quote Originally Posted by jean
    Not at Petco Park in San Diego. Downtown San Diego is not like Lost Angeles.
    Not yet at least........
    Dunno about that. Wasn't there a Charger fan that got stabbed by a Raiders fan in SD a few years back? It seems to depend on whose coming to town...
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I flew to Ohio a few yr's ago to watch the Cleveland Indians -v- the Philadelphia Phillies.
    Talking about wild..
    ------------------------

“We believe a 10-year-old male was in the vehicle," he added.
    How do they know he is 10 years old?
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by SicNTiredInSoCal
    Quote Originally Posted by BearFlagRepublic
    Quote Originally Posted by jean
    Not at Petco Park in San Diego. Downtown San Diego is not like Lost Angeles.
    Not yet at least........
    Dunno about that. Wasn't there a Charger fan that got stabbed by a Raiders fan in SD a few years back? It seems to depend on whose coming to town...
    Well, yes, now the Raiders games are another story....some of those fans can get nasty indeed.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Banned
    Father: Bryan Stow is stable A day after the father of the San Francisco Giants fan who was beaten at Dodger Stadium on Opening Day said Bryan Stow is "stable, and the vital signs ... they're looking good," the Los Angeles Police Department promised a "sea of blue" at the next Dodgers game.

Stow remains in a medically induced coma at Los Angeles County-USC Medical Center after two unidentified men wearing Dodgers clothing knocked him to the ground and kicked him on March 31. He suffered a severe skull fracture and bad bruising to his brain's frontal lobe. Doctors removed the left side of his skull to relieve pressure on his swollen brain.
    "It's been very hard. It's been stressful," David Stow told 710 ESPN Radio's Drew Belzer at a vigil Wednesday for his son. "The rest of my family is here and we support each other. But when we go up to the room and see Bryan, you know, knowing him as we did ... he was an outgoing person, fun-loving, a jokester .. and to see him lying in bed like that ... it's hard. But you know, we think he's going to, he'll pull out of it."

David Stow said that his son's "temperature is down from what it was two days ago. It's a good sign
    Police have asked the public for help in identifying the assailants.

Deputy Chief Jose Perez said the release of composite sketches of the suspects generated 80 leads that were being followed by a team of detectives.

"We have our best working on this," he said.

A reward for information leading to an arrest has grown to $150,000, with donors including the City Council, the Dodgers, Giants, Los Angeles County Supervisor Mike Antonovich and Stow's employer American Medical Response.

"I'm sure they'll be apprehended and what happens to them is up to the courts, how the officers handle it, and the [district attorney]," David Stow said. "I'm sure they'll go to jail, they'll pay the price. But that's pretty much secondary to us."

Calling the incident an "absolute abomination," Los Angeles Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa said Thursday: "We are investigating this matter around the clock and take this horrific crime very, very seriously."

The mayor and LAPD Chief Charlie Beck held a news conference Thursday and vowed a bigger police presence at Dodgers games, starting with the next home game in a week against the Cardinals.

"You are going to see a sea of blue. And it's not going to be Dodger blue. It's gonna be LAPD blue," Beck said.

Beck asked the team to pay for the deployment of uniformed officers and was negotiating the amount with team officials.

Beck declined to estimate how much the extra personnel would cost or how many officers would be deployed but said he would spare no expense to ensure public safety at Dodger Stadium.

"Well, up until this incident, we try to let venues take care of their own security, you know, if they're unable to do that then I do it," Beck said. "And so, I will make decision about how many Los Angeles police officers are deployed in and around, and I emphasize around, Dodger Stadium, based on public safety needs."

Dodgers spokesman Josh Rawitch said the club will cover the overtime costs.

"People will be awed by the response of the Los Angeles Police Department to this because we will not suffer this as a city again," Beck said. "People have a right to enjoy the American pastime and we are going to assure that right."

The Dodgers have also hired former LAPD Chief William Bratton to study lighting, alcohol sales and other security issues.

"That's a long-term fix that will hopefully allow me to back off some of the uniformed deployment," Beck said.

The chief also said he was in favor of overturning a policy that bars off-duty officers from carrying guns when they attend games.

Wednesday's vigil was held outside the hospital in support of Bryan Stow and to decry violence.

"It makes me very happy to see [supporters]. They care," David Stow said. "They left their house to come out here for this vigil. I've said it before, it makes me proud that my son is thought of by so many people that they would come out and do this for him. I'm very proud of him, for being such a person."

He said that his son would have been right along with them.

"When he was growing up he was an altar boy. He lit candles, he carried candles," David Stow said. "If he was here, if it was somebody else in his position, he would feel so bad for them. He'd be praying for them, too."

The Giants, along with American Medical Response -- the company Bryan Stow worked for -- plan to collect donations for The Bryan Stow Fund at Monday's game against the Dodgers in San Francisco.

Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.
    http://sports.espn.go.com/los-angeles/m ... um=twitter

This article is all over the National News tonight.
    ------------------------

Banned
    Witnesses to Giants Fan Beating Speak Out Joe Lagano and Dolores Donnelly are lifetime Dodger fans. They say they've seen huge problems develop over the past years at their favorite stadium. Most recently, the vicious beating of Giants fan Bryan Stow, after the season opening game at Dodger Stadium last week.

Donnelly said as she walked to her car she heard two men shouting profanities and taunting Stow and his buddies, who stated they wanted no trouble.

"I heard someone yell some cuss words and then bam. Then Joe is the one that rushed over there and my cousins went over there and then we seen Brian on the ground," said Donnelly.

Donnelly says she saw Stow being kicked in the head while he was down.

Joe Lagano and relatives came to Stow’s aid while calling 911 but he says more could have been done to prevent the beating

"No security came those guys should soon as they started talking should have been removed immediately. Especially when the manager got there. He should have called security," said Lagano.

The suspects allegedly left the area away in a car with a woman and a child. Lagano and Donnelly later helped police come up with composite sketches of the men who allegedly beat up Stow. (click here www.lapdonline.org/assets/pdf/11110404-1U3.pdf)
    http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/sport ... 45464.html

"Baseball isn't the same as when we were young! A beer! and a dog! Please!"
    "Go team go!" I hope ol' dude pulls through this okay! I been praying he does!
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by stevetheroofer
    "Baseball isn't the same as when we were young! A beer! and a dog! Please!"
    "Go team go!" I hope ol' dude pulls through this okay! I been praying he does!
    Nothing is like it use to be.
    ------------------------

Alcohol fosters courage amongst cowards!

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast