Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

BECOME??? No, I think it's just that WE have begun to put two and two together. Thinking back to Rumsfeld's press conferences before and during the earlier days of the Iraq war, I now see that they have BEEN LYING ALL ALONG. And, another thing I've noticed--he used to have almost DAILY PRESS CONFERENCES and NOW I NEVER see him have one. Maybe he can no longer take the heat?? In fact, in my mind at least, he was the ONLY member of the administration who had the GUTS to even have a real press conference so now he's disappointed me too.
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton

Not too much surprises me any more. There are far too many unaswered questions on the whole issue.
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

There sure ARE. I just heard that the Senate had unanimously passed a resolution of some sort demanding that the administration spell out the PLAN for Iraq. I'll try to get more details.
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton

Well, Bootsie, I might be responsible for the lack of press conferences from the DOD and Rummie. Last year before I TURNED ON BUSH as a result of my discoveries, this Spring, I sent a strongly worded letter telling him to stop letting these Cabinet People have these Press Conferences when they were making conflicting statements with the White House. It was comical and embarrassing. The White House would release a statement and then here comes Donnie contradicting the whole message!!

I believe it is the only letter they paid any attention to because they ignored ALL MY LETTERS ON ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION.

Sorry! Wish now I'd just minded my own business and we'd have more to poke fun at!

Rummie did have one today and a reporter asked him about about a big piece of legislation. Rummie "wasn't aware of it". The Reporter in disbelief said, "how can you not be aware it" and Rummie said, believe this or not, but it's true:

"I can't be aware of everything".

A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Well--now YOU are on my list!!! And, I was SO enjoying those conflicting stories!!! Of course, that was AFTER I saw Bush for what he was BUT, at that point, I really ENJOYED Rummie's quick wit!!

I just about split when, not an HOUR after I posted that about him not having press conferences anymore, I was surfing through the channels and there he was!!! It was like I had sent him an ESP message or something!! But, I didn't hear the part about him not knowing about the legislation that had just been passed in the Senate because that was a GREAT TRIUMPH in my opinion and it was a LARGE group of REPUBLICANS who were DEMANDING that Bush keep Congress INFORMED with what his PLANS were for Iraq. AND, it includes 90 day reports to Congress from Bush, Rumsfeld and Condi OR someone from the DOD or State Department!!! SURELY, he had heard about THAT ONE!

There were 19 Republicans that voted AGAINST this legislation and I have already made myself a note to find out who those are so I will KNOW to vote or CAMPAIGN AGAINST THOSE. WHATCHA WANNA BET THAT LIDDY AND RICHARD BURR are on that list??? I KNOW Liddy will be. It will help me decide if Burr has ANY redeeming qualities if he voted FOR it. This legislation was a bipartisan DEMAND for accountability from the White House and it says a WHOLE lot that only NINETEEN REPUBLICANS voted AGAINST it! I know McCain, Lindsay Graham and Thune were 3 that voted against it so I have taken them off my list! It is time that Congress takes a stand and FORCES this administration to undergo OVERSIGHT.

Yes, I think that was it and the reporter was dumfounded. I remember Rumy said like "well, we already make 53 reports a week" or something like that as if he were annoyed he would have to make another "report" to Congress.

I thought you would split a gut when you learned that after this long silence, there he was today.

I just listened to Bush's speech in Kyoto. He was a Rambling Man stumping his Freedom and Democracy. He is in Japan and bragging on Korea and Traiwan being the greatest examples of freedom and democracy.

I've dealt with the Japanese in business matters and this would be like a left-handed jab to them. Then he mentioned Harry Truman which really you need to avoid when speaking with the Japanese. He mentioned his "Dad" and some Japanese soldier whose son is now Prime Minister of Japan and like isn't that something that the sons of two men who served against each other in WWII become heads of their countries.

He talked about improving the environment, hydrogen cars and lower emissions and solar energy but didn't mention the Kyoto Protocol. He was in Kyoto making the speech.

The Japanese have to be laughing. Here's BigBush in Japan ranting on about Freedom and Demoracy, Prosperity for the Asian People, and Tranquility which is the result of Freedom and Prosperity. We owe the Japanese alot of money, because we've borrowed alot of our debt from them. Because they are our "lender", they study all our statistics all of which are declining. They know the turmoil in Washington over the War, Lies, White Phosphorous, Prisoner Torture, Illegal Immigration, and I'm sure by now know that Americans are totally opposed to Free Trade Agreements but here is our President stumping away on the APEC Free Trade Agreement.

We are a Debtor Nation With Declining Statistics.

Japanese are always polite. After he leaves, they have a meeting and drink tea or Saki to assess the man. I can see their faces and almost ask the questions they'll be asking each other. Like, "who does this guy think he is?" "do you think they'll ever be able to pay off the debt?" "what if they don't or can't?" "verious serious situation" "very perplexing dilemma" "ah so" "hmmm" "more Saki" "make it double".

"You can not defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home". Edward Murrow.

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

VERY GOOD COMMENTARY! I bet you are right on the MONEY! No PUN INTENDED!!!

What I also found VERY significant is that the legislation yesterday was passed when Bush is all over the world trying to pump up his FEW allies in the war in Iraq. I was really proud of the Republicans who had the guts to take a stand even while Bush was over there defending his handling of the war.

I've gotta go find the 19 Republicans who voted AGAINST the legislation. Back in a few!

Okay-- I found the roll call. There were some LIBERAL Democrats who voted against this as well such as Kennedy, Kerry and some others but these are the Republicans who voted against it:

Bunning--KY
    BURR--NC
    Chambliss- GA
    Coburn--OK
    Graham--SC
    Inhofe- OK
    Osakson--GA
    Kyl--AZ
    McCain--AZ
    Sessions- AL
    Thune--SD
    Vitter--LA

I am STUNNED that DOLE voted FOR IT!

I'm ASSUMING that the Democrats who voted against it were the ones who were DETERMINED to have language in the bill that REQUIRED a timetable for bringing the troops home.

Very good. There's old secretive Burr and McCain who don't want to know what's going on.

Okey, dokey.

You know--I USED to really like McCain and he IS a very nice person but I don't think I could vote for him for President now. Mainly because of his position on illegal immigration.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast