Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

April
    Tancredo Says Broad Impact of Illegal Immigration Justifies His Focus
    IowaPolitics.com : March 25 , 2007 -- by Matt Clark

"Sometimes I am accused of being a one-issue candidate, I have heard that before. I say, 'Well, at least I have an issue, and frankly it is an issue that touches so many parts of our life,'" Tancredo said. "You want to talk about education? I will talk to you about the cost of educating the children of illegal aliens. You want to talk about our health care problems? I will talk to you about the 86 hospitals that have shut down because they can no longer afford to provide free treatment for illegal aliens that have overwhelmed them. You want to talk about national security? How secure do you think it is to have our borders be porous and people come through at their desire, not because we say they can?"

In addition to issues such as education, health care and homeland security, Tancredo said that when making decisions about immigration, American culture is at stake.

"There is something happening in this country, I call it the ‘cult of multiculturalism' – it's this constant desire to put down everything that is part of our heritage," Tancredo said. "It started years ago with college professors who started pushing this idea of cultural relativism."

Tancredo stressed the importance of retaining a distinct American identity and teaching U.S. students to be proud of it, calling it crucial to "confronting the threat of radical Islam."

"Unless we know who we are, we will never be able to defend ourselves in this clash of civilizations," he said.

To that end, Tancredo said that the United States will continue to accept any immigrant, as it has historically, who is willing to be a part of -- and contribute to -- American society. "When people come here I ask one thing: 'Are you willing to assimilate?'"

"The English language is the glue that holds this country together," Tancredo said. "Bilingual countries don't work well. Multicultural countries do not work well. When people come to the United States, they need to become Americans."

In addition to reinforcing border security and keeping individuals from coming to the U.S. illegally in the future, Tancredo said that amnesty for those who are already here would be a mistake.

"The idea of citizenship should have meaning, we can't just hand it out like the prize in a Cracker Jack box," he said. "The United States is distinct and separate; it is not part of Mexico, it is not part of Canada, and it is not going to be part of some sort of North American Union."

That message resonated with Muscatine high school student Samantha Wozney, who will vote for the first time in 2008.

"I'm interested in what he has to say because he's got different ideas about border control than a lot of other politicians," Wozney said. "I first saw Barack Obama speak and now I want to hear what all of the candidates have to say."

Tancredo is able to position himself as being a conservative but one who is not entirely in line with the current administration and its policies.

"I have been a Republican all my life but I've also been very critical of the leadership of my party on a couple of issues," Tancredo said. "I've been critical of the president, certainly that is true, mostly on this issue of illegal immigration."

The congressman from Denver cited other issues that put him at odds with other Republicans and has kept him from being "invited to have tea at the White House." Namely the No Child Left Behind Act, which Tancredo characterized as encroaching on states' rights, and the Medicare/Prescription Drug Bill, which Tancredo called the greatest growth of government since the creation of Medicare, has created a divide between Republicans loyal to the president and himself.

Deb Miller, a native of Muscatine and a single mother who said she has never followed politics before, plans to support Tancredo in his bid for the presidency.

"I am such a huge fan of his because he is not a wishy-washy, flip-flopper, poll-taking lukewarm politician," Miller said. "He'll tell you straightforward his opinion. You can like it or not but at least you'll know where he stands and I really respect that."

http://www.numbersusa.com/news?ID=7626

At the rally in LA on Sunday, many black Americans had "Tancredo for President" posters! Now there is a picture you will never, ever see in the LA Times!!!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Email I sent to Rep Tancredo. I hope he gets a chance to see it!

Dear Mr. Tancredo,
    Yesterday my 12 year old son mailed a 7 dollar contribution to your campaign. Money he had worked hard to earn recycling cans and getting good grades.(We also enclosed a check). I wanted you to know that if a 12 year old boy can see the importance of using his extremly limited funds to support you then there is hope for the rest of the country too! I sense that you are not completely convinced about running for president. I am writing to tell you that you must! I know that you don't have the big time contributors of the political machine as does a Clinton or a Bush but you may well have something they could only wish for....the hearts and minds of middle America. You don't need to convince us of anything. We are right there with you! You may not hear from us, we don't attend a lot of 2,000 dollar a plate functions but we will be there at the polls and you are our greatest hope. You are the only candidate that I can vote for in good conscience. The last election I voted while holding my nose. It felt horrible. I can not do that again. I will not settle. You are the only candidate I agree with on all things. You would represent my family and that is someting we haven't had in a long time. There is great support out here in the land of "no voice." We will be there for you on election day. Will you be there for us? Our country is in crisis. Our borders are a nightmare. The American family is at stake. Americans are disgusted by the travesty occuring on our borders. We are horrified by the actions of our government in prosecuting our border patrol agents. We are ready for a very big change in this country. We are counting on you Mr. Tancredo.When you finally do come out fighting, I think you will be surprised at the welcome you will receive!
    Sincerely,

April
    Wonderful email Proud!

Yes, very nice PAF. You expressed the feelings of us all, you didn't miss anything in that letter. Hopefully we see Tom come out with guns-a-blazin' soon. Let us know if you hear back.
    Serve Bush with his letter of resignation.

See you at the signing!!

April
    We Need a Fighter and Tancredo Delivers - 3/27/2007

Cong. Tom Tancredo: Standing Out From the Fray By Felicia Benamon

In the midst of all the flip-flopping by the Senate on illegal immigration, I have looked for future leaders in our nation who favor sealing the borders and aggressively acting on illegal immigration. Congressman Tom Tancredo (R-CO) has stood out to me, not only for his conservative leanings, but because of his tireless effort to remind Americans of the many problems associated with allowing illegals to work and live in America, and the problems along the border.

A recent TIME poll found that most Americans, 56 to 40 percent, want a border wall built along Mexico and America... all the way across. 62 percent of Americans want the military to guard the border. 51 percent want ALL illegals deported, and the border sealed.

I believe Congressman Tancredo is the type of man who Americans would consider as a possible candidate for President in the 2008 elections, if given the chance. Right now, other names in the Republican party are floating about and I'm surprised to hear there is rarely a mention of Tancredo. Probably perhaps because the "good 'ol boy" club of RINO's are trying to get their names in the spotlight. They, to me, are not the ones to watch.

Since 1999, for 4 terms, Tancredo has represented the 6th District of Colorado in the House. During that time, he has stood for tough legislation to curb illegal immigration. He is the founder/chairman of the ( Congressional Immigration Reform Caucus ), a group which takes a look at current immigration policy, creating a "much-needed forum in Congress to address both the positive and negative consequences of immigration," as mentioned on the website. In the past, amnesty options have been reviewed and debated. However, they have become stale. I figure lawmakers in the House also consider the fact we are dealing with serious issues such as terrorism today, and have applied that to reasons for radically curtailing illegal immigration.

Tancredo is not in favor of guest-worker programs or favors for illegal immigrants. He is completely against illegal immigration. After the Martinez-Hagel bill failed, Tancredo issued several statements.

"Today is a good day for America. The Senate - in a rare moment of clarity - rejected its amnesty-now, enforcement-later approach to immigration," he said.

Tancredo shows that he is listening to the American public, something sorely lacking in the Senate.

"Over the Easter break, I will help inform the Senators’ constituents of what their representatives are doing in Washington. Hopefully, listening to their electorate will chasten these Senators so that they’ll put amnesty away for good,” he stated.

"No amnesty bill will pass the House of Representatives so long as Republican leadership holds to its promise to block legislation that doesn’t command the support of a GOP majority. Amnesty is a non-starter. If the Senate is serious about sending real security legislation to the President’s desk this year, it must take a different approach,” Tancredo stressed.

Congressman Tancredo continued to blast the failed Senate plan, Sen. Frist, Democrats, and "squishy" Republicans, saying they "squandered a great opportunity to secure our borders and gain control of our broken immigration system."

Yes, Congressman Tancredo tells it like it is, and doesn't hold back. He's the sort of strong person we need running for the next President. The U.S. cannot stand for anyone to take a wimpy approach on important matters. We need a fighter, and Tancredo delivers!

http://www.teamtancredo.org/latestnews.asp

Tancredo

I'm a Democrat who can't stomach the national Democratic Party positions on immigration and preserving our culture. I have been unsure about suporting Tancredo, but did alot of research today and I really like how independant he is on issues beyond immigration. For instance he realizes we can't make Sunni and Shia Iraqis live together - it's up to them. I voted Republican often back in the day, perhaps I will again, but actually it won't be a vote for a Party, it will be a vote for a man and a vision.

April
    Guyman wrote:

I voted Republican often back in the day, perhaps I will again, but actually it won't be a vote for a Party, it will be a vote for a man and a vision.
    I agree, it is important to vote for the best man. We need a patriotic American in the white house, someone who loves America and puts Americans first.

I have been a life long Republican.
    My first vote was for President Regan. I remember being so proud to cast my very first vote for that man.
    This last eleaction I voted Republican as a lesser of two evils. I felt awful doing and I won't do it ever again.
    I let everyone know when I call and write. You cannot count on my vote anymore until I can count on YOU.
    I will vote for the person who most captures my values and the security of America is my number one priority!

ProudAmerican, I was too young to vote for Reagan but really wish I could have. I have been more and more dissappointed with the Republican politicians that we are alowed to pick from. I hope we get someone who will stand up to the nonsense like he did, soon.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234