Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

I logged in at 8:02 EDT. All I see is meandering. Is it over?

They are talking about how they will have a "blank check" to use the money any way they want... Nothing like slitting your own throat.
    "We are being destroyed from within"

This thing needs to be killed.

Quote Originally Posted by TEXLEGAL1
    They are talking about how they will have a "blank check" to use the money any way they want...
    A perfect definition of the term "fungible".
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Who is the guy from Texas I can't see his name. He seems the only one questioning this mess.

Ms. Waters from California is quite a piece of work...

Mr. Frank Quote "we are only talking about 5 or 10 million dollars"

Sorry, I haven't been following this too closely as I've been focusing on fighting the Dream Act and AgJobs amnesties, but has it passed the Senate? Any House or Senate members we should call?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by Populist
    Sorry, I haven't been following this too closely as I've been focusing on fighting the Dream Act and AgJobs amnesties, but has it passed the Senate? Any House or Senate members we should call?
    Not yet, Populist. It seems certain to pass Committee. Then it moves to the House floor. But has to be scheduled. Word is, it will be on the House floor late this year or very early in 2008. It could likely pass the House because the La Raza funding is buried in the Housing Assistance Act. It would take an amendment passed to kill the La Raza portion. If we can kill it in the House all the better. If it (The Housing Assistance Act) passes the House (quite possibly), it will then need to go to the Senate. That would be our last chance to kill it. We have time, let's just not forget about this.

Thanks for the update zeezil and I agree we have to stay on this. As you know, LaRaza should NOT receive our hard-earned tax dollars to spread their separatist and open borders message.

Is it out of committee?

If not - why arnt we focusing on the committee members? Seems like a prime opportunity to use our numbers - ALIPAC?

We have the people that we can focus on them quite well rather than all the members of Congress.

"only 5 or 10 million" I'd love to call that guy.

Why are we letting this get to the whole house before we get calling?

Couldn't groups of people sue the government if this travesty passes?
    I don't see why not, as illegals sue at the drop of a hat.

But LaRaza isn't just about illegals, it's about HISPANIC (ONE race only) illegals. I doubt they are much help to legal hispanics.

Giving money to a racial special interest group IS promoting racism, is it not? Unconstitutional comes to mind also, where is the ACLU in all this?
    "

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast