Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Thanks Zeezil! If this passes we need to get this information out to Dobbs Beck and some radio stations, we need to make them afraid in the house!!
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

Thanks Nouveauxpoor, I guess the only option we, as citizens, would have is massive recalls?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)
    "

Are they voting on the bill right now or an amendment?
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

They are voting on amendments at this time. As soon as they trash the amendments, they will vote on bill passage.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

All amendments were turned back. They have just voted on the bill and it passed (36-27). They are taking a roll call vote for record now...1:59 pm. The committee has now adjourned. That's it folks. it passed committee and will go to the House floor.

why didnt we have a calling effort for the ~80 committee members to stop this?

Now we have to fight the whole house!

ALIPAC - why didnt we fight this, why wasnt there an email effort - was it deemed not big/important enough to fight? I hope there is a good answer - first time since I've joined that I feel ALIPAC may have let us down.

Quote Originally Posted by stealthwii
    why didnt we have a calling effort for the ~80 committee members to stop this?

Now we have to fight the whole house!

ALIPAC - why didnt we fight this, why wasnt there an email effort - was it deemed not big/important enough to fight? I hope there is a good answer - first time since I've joined that I feel ALIPAC may have let us down.
    Because we can only fight so much at one time, we just defeated the "Dream Act" got the "ags job" pulled from the floor.The amnesty bills have to come first. we have time to fight this, it now has to go to the house and the Senate. It would have been nice to stop it in committee but that very seldom happens, if ever. I don't think since i've been here we have stopped one bill in committe, alot of bills never make it out of committee.

In speaking with my Congressman's legislative director, there was no way that this bill would have been defeated in committee. It's passage was a foregone conclusion. Once we have a list of who voted for it in committee, we can blast them with e-mails. And the ones that voted against it we can thank them. It was a foregone conclusion that it would make it out of committee. Now, the real battle begins. We have a month or two before it comes on the floor for a full House vote. Now would be a good time to start contacting ALL Congressmen regarding it. It would be good if we could kill it before it goes to ths Senate, because it would have momentum.

There are also other groups this funding is going to, some of it goes to minority Blacks for affordable housing, we can not hurt them because of La Raza.

We need to make it a point we want La Raza off the bill we do not want taxpayer money going to a radical racist groups, who support illegal aliens in this country.

As promised, listed below is the House Financial Services Committee vote on H.R. 4051.

H.R. 4051, HOUSING ASSISTANCE AUTHORIZATION ACT OF 2007, was ordered reported to the House with a favorable recommendation, as amended, by a record vote of 36 yeas and 27 nays.

Here is the recorded vote...who in the committee voted YES and who voted NO on this bill:
    http://www.house.gov/apps/list/speech/f ... ote_85.pdf

It wouldn't hurt, if you have some time, to call and thank those that voted NO and tell those that voted YES that you are very displeased with them voting for a bill that contains $25 million TAXPAYER dollars for La Raza.

Here is the link with all the members of the Committee. Within this link, you can individually access contact information for each committee member:
    http://financialservices.house.gov/members.html

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast