Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Little by little, more and more food products will come from other nations. Labor is cheaper and the American people will wake up one day and say wow, "My ice cream is made in Mexico!"

Just wait until the Mexican border is opened to Mexican truck traffic. Your food products, and meats will be processed and put onto a Mexican truck and shipped to the appropriate distrubution center. Nothing like food with a bigger bang for the stock market buck!

Cheaper labor, cheaper facilities, less regulations, cheaper worker benefits, cheaper liability insurance, cheaper transportation costs, all right acrossed the border.

Add in the Baja deep sea port being built for the Asian import market and the border issue concerning truck traffic and Mexican nationals running freight in this country begins to make sense.

Little by little, more and more food products will come from other nations. Labor is cheaper and the American people will wake up one day and say wow, "My ice cream is made in Mexico!"
    I guess you have never heard of Helado La Michoacana but milk is cheaper here and more goes the other way.
    I support enforcement and see its lack as bad for the 3rd World as well. Remittances are now mostly spent on consumption not production assets. Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Add in the Baja deep sea port being built for the Asian import market .
    Roundy, Advocating for the Teamsters Union again I see
    I support enforcement and see its lack as bad for the 3rd World as well. Remittances are now mostly spent on consumption not production assets. Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by Paige
    Heinz moved its factories to Mexico. So did Nestle and a whole list of others. Lazyboy arm chairs took their factory out of Utah and moved it to Mexico taking 800 jobs with it. We are sending our work there and letting them in here to take our jobs. How many jobs do they need?
    They had a Lazy Boy factory in my home town back in Canada and it was shut down years before I immigrated here. I try to watch where the items I buy come from.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

No loss to me. I dont even need to boycott Heinz. I havent used their ketchup in decades. Originally I stopped because it was too hard to get the stuff out of the bottle...AND THEY ACTUALLY ADVERTISED THAT AS A PLUS TO USING THEIR PRODUCT. When I am hungry, I dont feel like hearing someone singing "Anticipation" in the background.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Dixie, I think you are right, there is a difference in taste with preference for spicier.

Well welcome to the USA swatchick. Bet you did not know you would have to be fighting for what is right in your new home.

Just give me regular old ketchup. enough of all the flavored foods. If I want that flavor I would eat that fruit or vege or whatever the flavor.
    "When you have knowledge,you have a responsibility to do better"_ Paula Johnson

"I did then what I knew to do. When I knew better,I did better"_ Maya Angelou

Quote Originally Posted by Judy
    Is there nothing they won't ruin for US? Now they ruined our condiments, garnishes and baked goods. What next?

Oh how I miss my country. All I Want For Christmas Is My Country Back.
    They ruined the whole shopping experience. I have almost completely stopped shopping at the Publix closest to me even though it wouldn't even take me 10 minutes to walk. It is like being in another country. The shelves are stocked with more and more of their products all the time and many of ours are disappearing. The last straw in the camel's back was when the cashier actually spoke Spanish to me. I complained to the Publix head office. If I don't feel like driving out of my way for one or 2 things and go I actually look for a black cashier and will even wait longer in line because they always speak English to you including the Haitian ones. I usually go to Publix in the neighboring county where I still find the products I use but buy alot in the small Italian store as they are cheaper and everyone speaks Englsih to you.

ELE

Heinz another traitor company to the American people.

Until the gov't passes the "food and safety act" that would make it illegal for us to so much as grow a tomato w/out gov't approval ( register and pay high taxes). I think it would be in our best interest to grow as much as possible and can the foods.

Quote Originally Posted by uniteasone
    Well welcome to the USA swatchick. Bet you did not know you would have to be fighting for what is right in your new home.

Just give me regular old ketchup. enough of all the flavored foods. If I want that flavor I would eat that fruit or vege or whatever the flavor.
    Thanks! I have lived here for quite a while. In Canada we had to fight for our rights as well. There was alot of discrimination. You had French crammed down your throat from grade 4 on but yet the good government jobs almost all went to the French Canadians. If you were fluent and not French Canadian then it was almost impossible. I got a good laugh when I moved here and Miami Dade Police asked me if I was fluent in Canadian French as they had a French Canadian auto theft ring they were investigating and need wire taps translated. Then due to the French Canadians, Ontario decided to protect their Anglo Saxon roots and the higher up government jobs were given to them. At one point I was going to use my birth fathers name even though I was adopted and had my adopted family last name just so I could advance. If I hyphenated my birthdad's last name with my married name I would have had it made as his last name could be either French of Englsih.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast