View Poll Results: What Boycott Focus Would You Like to See in MAY?

Voters
37. You may not vote on this poll
  • Boycott Restraurants Where Illegals Work

5 13.51%
  • Continue the Poultry Boycott for May

6 16.22%
  • Run on Banks that Give Illegals Home Loans - take your money out and put it into a bank that doesn't have those practices

6 16.22%
  • Boycott McDonalds and Burger King (supporters of La Raza)

17 45.95%
  • Other - Please post your idea!

3 8.11%
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

OK, I made up my mind.

I am voting for restaurants. Now I am not saying restaurants that don't hire illegals - all restaurants - but ---

If you know of a mom and pop restaurant or one that definitely doesn't - sure it would be good to help them grow.

If that restaurant where there might be no illegals is a chain, and that chain hires illegals - I say boycott anyway.

My daughter was just telling me about a Thai restaurant in NY that the workers are Asian - except the Mexican (I'm guessing illegal) busboy. So it isn't always easy to tell.

So if you are positive - they by all means let's support those people - if it is just because you can't see them - they're probably there..

Now, think about this. If we can have an effect on the restaurants, we are going to have an effect on the banks. That is pretty much true for all industries.

I agree, some of us are so tied up in our banks, it would be very hard to extricate ourselves. NOw I would be willing to do it, if I knew for sure they made no loans to illegals or did no business with them. I suspect there are no such banks.

So we can effect the banks through our other boycotts.

Don't know if I have mentioned it - but the biggest bank in our area is owned by the poultry company!!!!!! We can assume they do all manner of business with the illegals.

So I am voting for May as 'Eat at home month'.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

a Thai restaurant in NY that the workers are Asian
    There are also alot of Asian illegals, so they could have all been illegal. I think I would get into the habit of ASKING - and letting the owner know WHY you are leaving if you do.

No, they probably will not be honest if you just ask them if they hire illegals. But you could ask the owner about his opinion of the demonstrations - in a conversational way - that would tell you pretty quickly where his sympathies, or his business sense lies. THEN, after he has shown himself sympathetic to the illegal presence, You can let him know how YOU feel about eating at his restaurant!!
    http://www.soldiersangels.com Adopt a Soldier

"This is our culture - fight for it. This is our flag - pick it up. This is our country - take it back." - Congressman Tom Tancredo

My daughter was just telling me about a Thai restaurant in NY that the workers are Asian - except the Mexican (I'm guessing illegal) busboy. So it isn't always easy to tell.
    Out here where mexican illegals rule the roost there was a round up of Asian illegals in Chinese restaurants a few years back.

Many of the Asian wives who married soldiers used to sneak in a relative or two, which is part of the reason why people who actually do want to just come for a visit aren't allowed to visit their families these days.

There were also Russian girls brought in to be slaves to the strip club owners after being told they were coming to the US to work office jobs!

It's a wicked world out there. I'd hate to be someone trying to make a better life in the US who fell into the hands of miscreants who make them into slaves.

And, you know, I am wondering if that might not be the reason you see more hispanic illegals out there making threats and waving flags than any other group. The others are just plain slaves, many to their own people who brought them here.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

jlo
    I'm boycotting poultry AND fast food...that should be easy.

jlo, You have a lot of enthusiasm. That's good! The GENERAL boycott involves alot more changing of lifestyle and SOME of us are able to do it. But we still need to choose ONE Monthly Boycott focus to put out there in May for those who are only able to do the FOCUS boycott. what do you think it should be for May? (only one)

"This is our culture - fight for it. This is our flag - pick it up. This is our country - take it back." - Congressman Tom Tancredo

Continuing the chicken boycott would be no problem for me. I don't know if anyone else has noticed this but the last year or so the chicken bought in the supermarket(and I buy different brands) has had a spongey quality, it's just not right.I shudder to think of what they are doing to it to make it this way. Even before this boycott started I haven't been buying it nearly as much. As far as fastfood I don't patronize those anyway so that is easy. A question on the banks though. I have my accounts at US Bank and I think they are one of the worst for catering to illegals. Are there any major banks that are better? Where I live we have WaMu, Bank of America, Citibank, US Bank and then a couple of smaller local types. Besides not being happy about the illegal situation US Bank has been nothing but a headache and I would love to dump them but I need to figure out who to replace them with.

Yes, I know there are plenty of Asian illegals.

I was really trying to make a point that even though you are only seeing Asians or whatever, there still might be Mexican illegals - and gee what do we do about Asian illegals?

See, it would be really hard to decide which ones to boycott unless it was ALL restaurants unless you personally know the owners and know they don't employ illegals.

When we were in Washington State, we used to cross a little inlet that was a public beach on one side and a oyster company on the other side. Every day we would see an Asian man with one or two 5 gal buckets picking up oysters.
    I did not realize the oyster company actually owned the oysters and that they were 'planted' or whatever you call it. I just thought they had their shipping operation there.

One day we decided to get some fish and chips and eat on the beach. The public beach was full of people having fun - so we just sat down on an old tree on the oyster company side. After about 15 minutes this young guy showed up and told us we would have to leave since it was private property. He was from Texas also, and we apologized and he apologized and we talked a while. My husband explained we saw the man picking up oyster everyday and didn't realize it was private property.

He said, "That's just one of them illegal-type aliens and there's just nothing we can do about it."

So that man was picking up oysters and I am sure selling them each day and they did nothing - but we couldn't sit on a fallen tree to each fish and chips!!!!!

Senior Member AmericanElizabeth's Avatar
    I say the banks. Take your money out of any accounts you have where they loan money to illegals.

My reason for saying this is that our banking system is heavily tied with our stock market and our government. When the banks are hurting, the government steps in and investigates right away.

So, if millions of Americans started pulling their money and/or transferring their loans to other banks that have upstanding loaning practises, and then tell them why, without a doubt our government would notice.

It would make news, maybe, if enough people boycotted those big fast food chains, but might be that the fast food chains would not allow it to become public knowledge that they were financially hurt in any way, it is a typical business tactic. The banking one WOULD make big news.

Banks are where the money is and that is where our government could be hurt the most, plus it would give the banks a taste of true American justice.
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

So that man was picking up oysters and I am sure selling them each day and they did nothing - but we couldn't sit on a fallen tree to each fish and chips!!!!!
    It's amazing, isn't it!? We are law-abiding so we can be told what to do and we generally comply. They are law-less and "oh, well" we can't do anything about THAT!

Have we EVER had such a USELESS, INEPT, TRAITOROUS government?

It reminds me of a Bible verse -

When the foundations are destroyed, what shall the righteous do?

I shredded my Citibank card when I found out about the housing loans in San Diego. I don't want to do business with anyone who ignores the country's interest for a profit. I'll boycott poultry McDonald's and Burger king too. I don't think we should make charitable donations to groups that work against us and definitely no campaign contributions untill the candidate says in no uncertain terms they are against any form of amnesty.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast