Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

dxd
    How about a sanctuary city that was ordered by a federal court to stop being a sanctuary city but ignored the court order and remains a sanctuary city in defiance?
    New York City.
    NYC has a sanctuary policy that was challenged by opponents in federal court when Rudy G. was mayor. The 2nd circuit court of appeals declared the santuary policy illegal and order NYC to terminate the policy. Rudy G. ignored the court order and so does present Mayor Bloomberg.

This shows that you can challenge the legality of a sanctuary policy in federal court and win. It also shows that the mayor may ignore the court order.

I think the problem is that some cities have official ececutive orders or ordinances (which officially make them sanctuary cities) and then you have wink & nod sanctuary cities where there may be no official city governmental action but a city's "inaction to enforce the law" result in a defacto sanctuary city.
    Gotcha Steve. In that case, El Paso is definitely NOT a sanctuary city. I would say that they were once an unofficial sanctuary but the tables seem to be turning lately. Unless, of course, it is simply because illegal immigration is a hot issue and election time draws near. But they deport people daily from this city--daily.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Senior Member AmericanElizabeth's Avatar
    PORTLAND, OREGON!! This has to be one of the worst. The reason I am of this opinion is that not only does this state freely give out licenses and voters cards to illegals, but also the illegals are getting free health care, foodstamps and WIC, at the very least.
    Portland's police forces hands are tied by the major beauracracy we have here, they are not allowed to check validity of any documentation, or to detain them for being illegal if stopped.
    Two things I have found out recently, our local community colleges have ESL and GED classes for illegals , in fact Portland Community College only allows illegals into this class!!!
    Top that off with this on February 15th there will be a "Latino Job Fair" at the Oregon Convention center, promoted by our local NBC affiliate and Telemundo (local Spanish channel?). We have oodles of social service agencies and their do-gooding benefactors that frequently support free clinics that are aimed solely at "migrant workers".
    And.....there has been some article in the Oregonian (newspaper) about housing aimed solely for the "migrant worker" families, only (gee wouldn;t that be nice, highly reduced rent to accomodate our low income, oh thats right, we're Americans and can fend for ourselves although our wages have been sorely depressed and prices of rent and electricity keeps going up!!).
    So, if there is a specific thing you need, then let me know, I can surely get the verification you want (it'll give me a chance to make someone in the city sweat!!).
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

How about a sanctuary city that was ordered by a federal court to stop being a sanctuary city but ignored the court order and remains a sanctuary city in defiance?
    New York City.
    New York City and Chicago always come out on the sanctuary city list. And the way the TV shows depict New York, the cops even HELP the illegals stay. I sure hope that isn't true.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Wow! There are so many. How about GAITHERSBURG MARYLAND. If you are an illegal alien, you would fit right in. And talking about day-labor centers! There are Home Depots galore, and Lowes Hardware, where you can pick up a whole bus load of illegals. They also like to hang out around the 7-11's and 6-12's. Basically every street corner in Gaithersburg has a huge hispanic crowd of illegals.
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Union City New Jersey, North Bergen New Jersey, West New York New Jersey, Fort Lee New Jersey

Add Brentwood, NY
    Central Islip, NY
    Bay Shore, NY
    Shirly/Mastic NY
    Farmingville, NY
    Westbury, NY
    Uniondale NY
    Jersey City, NJ
    Trenton NJ
    Camden NJ
    Riverhead NY

Hello everyone...

I just posted all your additional sanctuary cities on my website. The list is really getting long. Eventually I will be sending a letter to all the city administrations requesting an official response.

Joe -- Thanks for your suggestion. I am planning to create a page to highlight individuals/communities that are proactive enforcers.

Am.Eliz -- Yes, please verify! If you send me a copy of an ordinance or executive order, I'll put it on my website as an example.

DXD -- If NYC didn't repeal it after 9-11, you get the picture of how deep this cancer is into the system. Also, I do think there is a federal law against sanctuary cities but the problem is that there is no penalty for violationg the law (I don't think this is an urban legend but I haven't done the legal research to prove.)

Junius -- I went to my site and I must have never added El Paso because it wasn't there. FYI-- there may be deportations in El Paso because ICE is there making their own arrests seperate from the city administration. So there could still be deportations from a sanctuary city -- just that the illegals were initially detained by ICE.

Good night!
    Steve
    Ohio Jobs & Justice PAC
    http://www.OJJPAC.org

Thanks, I also heard that Maine was a "sanctuary state." Does anyone have more info on this?

Did the Maine legislature or governor do something official?
    Steve
    Ohio Jobs & Justice PAC

Any more Sanctuary Cities out there? We need the people who live in the communities across the US to let us know if you believe you live in a sanctuary city.

Or is the list I put together on OJJPAC now complete?

PS: The Sanctuary City List may is the Most Viewed Page on OJJPAC. So those of you who sent in your data, you have helped educate many America about the Sanctuary City Issue. Congratulations!
    Steve
    Ohio Jobs & Justice PAC

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast