Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

I have a friend who's mother came here legally (yes, they happen to be Mexican ... well American now ). Both were pro-illegal and attended the march in Houston.

I asked his mother why she thought it was fair for the illegals to get what they want when she herself busted her butt to be here legally.

I asked my friend why he thought it was fair for illegals to get what they want when they get free emergency care when he gets billed an outrageous amount for the same thing.

I asked them both what right the illegals had for waving the Mexican flag in America demanding American rights.

Since then, they no longer support illegals and have been doing their part talking to friends and family.

As for my hubby and family, they all agree with me and encourage me to be active. Downside is, I'm still working on getting them do something too.
    I don't care what you call me, so long as you call me AMERICAN.

MW
    americangirl wrote:

My family is against illegal immigration, EXCEPT my husband, who is currently sitting on the fence about it. This is a contentious issue for us that could (if we let it) put a strain on our marriage.

I made the comment once that the illegal Mexicans "breed like flies" and my husband said it was a racist statement. Since then I never bring the subject up with him.
    Hey, maybe it's just a marriage thing! My wife purposely goes out of her way to disagree with almost anything I say, of course I tend to do the same thing at times. This tends to happen when you've been married awhile.

Who knows, perhaps your husband is anti-illegal when he talks to his buds and co-workers. Could it be possible that your just at that point in your marriage where it is hard to agree with your spouse. I know not all marriages are like that, but mine sure the heck is!

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Could be MW.

If I say white....my husband says black. If I a
    ay right....he goes left. If I say yes...he says no.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

americangirl
    We need you as bad as you need us, don't forget that! Maybe your husband needs an attitude adjustment! since old injun has met with this need of a new attitude adjustment a couple of times in his marriage let me tell you just what to do! cook all of the things your husband hates to eat, night after night, and when he gripes and complains to you, tell him sorry honey, you called me a racist, until you apologize and start to treat me with the respect I deserve, and promise never to call me a name like that, you will either eat what I serve or cook yourself! If that don't work you can always hit him up the side of his head with an iron skillet and pretend it was an accident . then if those things don't work, tell him to sleep on the couch until you get the respect you deserve! Your husband should not be calling you a racist simply because you state your opinion which happens to be a fact! Let him listen to that Aztlan tape where they are saying the white people or americans here are a dying race because we have quit having so many kids and they will over power us by having so many kids to overun and take over America someday!
    Build the dam fence post haste!

nittygritty and americangirl,

Let him listen to that Aztlan tape where they are saying the white people or americans here are a dying race because we have quit having so many kids and they will over power us by having so many kids to overun and take over America someday!
    Good point nitty. Also americangirl ask you husband how he feels knowing that his taxes goes towards freebies that you and I would be turned for. I would make out a list of those freebies but I think all of us know what all those freebies are by now.
    Work together for the benefit of all mankind

MW wrote:

Hey, maybe it's just a marriage thing! My wife purposely goes out of her way to disagree with almost anything I say, of course I tend to do the same thing at times. This tends to happen when you've been married awhile.
    I think you might be on to something there, MW! It seems that if I get passionate about something, my husband will generally find fault with it, or vice versa. Oh, don't get me wrong. He loves me, but I guess marriages just sort of have their phases.

Anyway, I don't bring up the subject of illegals with him anymore; this is probably the best way to get him on my side -- make him think I''m not that into it anymore.
    Calderon was absolutely right when he said...."Where there is a Mexican, there is Mexico".

Quote Originally Posted by crazybird
    Globalization was supposed to bring poverty UP TO us....and end poverty.......not us DOWN to them and create MORE poverty.
    Yep, that's exactly how it was being sold to the college students in all the business classes I took!

It's this giant disconnect between the nice academic theories and the REAL WORLD.
    All that is necessary for evil to succeed is that good men do nothing. -Edmund Burke

Also consider all the propaganda that the average American hears about illegal aliens...I should say "undocument workers" from public officials and the media.

They are told: Minutemen are gun happy beer drinking wacko racists... and the illegals are gentle family oriented hardworking people who are a benefit to our economy. They hear this on TV, newspapers, radio, from the Catholic Industrial Complex, business associations, and by a very politically active "left-wing" who spend a lot of their time speaking to groups and financing likeminded groups.

Is it any wonder why people are shocked when you bring up the issue?" They have been programmed to disagree with you.
    Steve
    Ohio Jobs & Justice PAC
    http://www.OJJPAC.org

Hey yall,

Cook them Mexican food night after night, until they get tired of it and complain. Say, well you act like that is what you want. If you really want a hamburger you need to get in my boat.

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

MW
    crazybird wrote:

Could be MW.

If I say white....my husband says black. If I a
    ay right....he goes left. If I say yes...he says no.
    Hey, your husband sounds just as contrary as my wife does at times. Perhaps we should do a partner swap! You and I would have our disgust for illegal immigration in common and our spouses could argue on whether it looks like it's going to rain or not (daily).

americangirl wrote:

I think you might be on to something there, MW! It seems that if I get passionate about something, my husband will generally find fault with it, or vice versa. Oh, don't get me wrong. He loves me, but I guess marriages just sort of have their phases.

Anyway, I don't bring up the subject of illegals with him anymore; this is probably the best way to get him on my side -- make him think I''m not that into it anymore.
    If a relationship can be based on a disgust for illegal immigration, you, I, and crazybird would make a great trio!

I don't know about you girls, but my wife has used the term "obsessive" when referencing my attachment to the illegal immigrant issue.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast