Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

How do we organize a mass rally, across the country?

Something I posted on a another board.

I was thinking last night as I was eating dinner, how could organize a HUGE rally, across the whole country in different cities, all on the same day.

I think if we could do this, and voice our opinions, it would seriously gain nationwide attention and put a ton of pressure on the government to listen to the people.

What if we could organize rally's in:

-New York
    -Washington DC
    -Los Angeles
    -Chicago
    -Houston
    -Dallas
    -Phoenix
    -San Diego
    -Denver
    -Las Veags

If we get thousands of people to turn out in each city, all on the same day to gain nationwide attention, I can't help but think that would be tremendous for this battle.

Come dressed and decked out in Red, White and Blue. Carry flags. Carry signs saying "No Amnesy", "Secure our Borders", "Listen to the People". etc etc.

Anyone think we can do this? Could we contact leaders of all sorts of organizations and put this together?

There are tons of groups and organizations out there that all want the same goals as we do. If we coudl get together, organize a rally with leaders from the different groups, I think it could be great.

What do you think?

Anyone think we can do this? Could we contact leaders of all sorts of organizations and put this together?
    I think it would be difficult, at the very least. And I have to wonder if the media would even give us the coverage? I mean, the media is so pro-illegal immigration that they could opt to ignore any rallies.

Also, it could backfire in that it could make some of the fence-sitters start thinking "racism" (espcially if we're waving American flags).

I still think the best way to get the attention of the Bush Administration and the U.S. companies who pander to illegals is to BOYCOTT, BOYCOTT, BOYCOTT....on a MASSIVE scale. It's peaceful; it can't be construed as racist; and it really HURTS them.
    Calderon was absolutely right when he said...."Where there is a Mexican, there is Mexico".

Quote Originally Posted by americangirl
    I think it would be difficult, at the very least. And I have to wonder if the media would even give us the coverage? I mean, the media is so pro-illegal immigration that they could opt to ignore any rallies.

Also, it could backfire in that it could make some of the fence-sitters start thinking "racism" (espcially if we're waving American flags).

I still think the best way to get the attention of the Bush Administration and the U.S. companies who pander to illegals is to BOYCOTT, BOYCOTT, BOYCOTT....on a MASSIVE scale. It's peaceful; it can't be construed as racist; and it really HURTS them.
    I agree. Plus mass rallies is not on ALIPAC's agenda.

So, rallying to say that you love your country and saying what you want for your country is racism. That's horsesh!t. The bugs me terribly.

A lot of Americans just do not want to get on the streets about this from what we have seen across the nation. It is clear they want something done, but are resistant to the street protest idea.

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

dot

Protest

If the mexicans,or should I refer to them as "guest workers", can organize protests, then why can't we??? Just a thought.

MW
    I respectfully disagree. The pro-illegal immigrant advocates, special interest groups, and illegals are the only ones attempting to make this a race issue. The issue is about ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION, not race and I think most intelligent people in this country understand that. The only reason you see our opponents using the race card is because their argument is too weak to do otherwise. Illegal immigration knows no race, gender, country, or religion.

The idea of a massive rally thourght the country would be a great idea, but unfortunately too many Americans are content to let the other guy deal with this issue. They've yet to realize the impact illegal immigration and massive immigration will have on their life and the lives of their children in the years to come.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

So, rallying to say that you love your country and saying what you want for your country is racism. That's horsesh!t. The bugs me terribly.
    Patriot....I'm not saying that I THINK IT'S RACIST. I'm saying that the American people who are still mostly in the dark on this issue could possibly construe this as racist behavior. I myself don't see it that way (of course not), but I'm playing devil's advocate here because I think that anything we anti-illegal immigrant activists do has to be well thought out so that it is effective and doesn't hurt our cause. And here in San Diego, a whole bunch of people rallying in the streets and waving the American flag would probably do more harm than good. It sucks, I know. But it's the truth.
    Calderon was absolutely right when he said...."Where there is a Mexican, there is Mexico".

Patriot....I'm not saying that I THINK IT'S RACIST. I'm saying that the American people who are still mostly in the dark on this issue could possibly construe this as racist behavior. I myself don't see it that way (of course not), but I'm playing devil's advocate here because I think that anything we anti-illegal immigrant activists do has to be well thought out so that it is effective and doesn't hurt our cause. And here in San Diego, a whole bunch of people rallying in the streets and waving the American flag would probably do more harm than good. It sucks, I know. But it's the truth.
    Oh sorry, I should have been more clear. I know what you were referring to. It just bothered me that people would think that.

So how do we educate the people on the seriousness of this issue? How do we wake up people?

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast