Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My opinion, as citizens, we should use a weapon tha t hopefully in not available to Illegals (illegaly) which is VOTING

Absolutly!!! If they degrade that as they are trying to do with citizenship.....then we are over.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I hate to say this but I think a massive national rally will come ONLY when it may already be too late. I wish I could remember this author's name, but there was a famous author on CSPAN a few weeks ago. He said that he doesn't agree with Bush's mantra that the illegals "are doing the jobs that American's won't do." He thought it was ridiculous and said something to the effect that Bush is in big trouble because Bush's path is going to lead to a revolution. "Once the middle class wake up- at least the smart middle class citizens - they will take to the streets."

I don't know about the rest of you, but it has been my experience that people in my community (and family as well) are either utterly clueless or just aren't sure what they can do about illegal immigration. Some know illegal immigration is a problem but it ends there.

IMO at this particular point in time, I don't believe enough people have the motivation to protest. There are pockets of areas in the country - especially border states where it's probably the worst and that's why you may see more people willing to protest. But other areas like here on Long Island - despite the day laborers, the majority of people seem to just blindly accept it.

The time will come when they wake up one day to a brand new reality, which will hit them in the face like a bucket of ice water. And as I said earlier, by then it might be too late. I pray we don't get to that point but all I see on the streets these days are people wired to some device - their ipods, cellphones, etc. Everything modern technology has to offer to keep them distracted from knowing the truth!

I believe the key to all this is educating and motivating the masses. I was wondering if perhaps the MM group who have regional chapters, might consider forming another volunteer group under the same umbrella. But instead of assisting with border control, these volunteers would be responsible for helping to educate the public.

I recall reading that before the start of the revolutionary war, Sam Adams started a "letters and correspondence" group. (I believe that was the name) The goal was to disseminate information to the colonists (although Sam Adams was also good at propaganda as well!)

Since we are at such a disadvatage because of the pro-illegal media, I think something like this is extremely vital. These volunteers could hand out flyers, write letters to news editors, have a table set up in public with informative literature, show some videos on a portable DVD player - of what is going on around the country that they don't see on tv, etc. Perhaps rent out a space somewhere and have guest speakers too.

In other words, I think this needs to be treated just like a publicity campaign. The issue is illegal immigration and here's what you can do about it: These are the elected officials in your area and here is how they voted on immigration issues; This is a list of candidates that are pro-borders and enforcement; This is a list of facts on the effects of illegal immigration; Here is a list of racist Hispanic groups like La Raza;Talk about the importance to vote and how to register. This could be a coordinated national effort. Anyway, that's just my opinion.

MountainDog wrote:

Hi you two, I live about sixty miles to the east of you guys.
    Bearpaw lives somewhere down there as well.
    Hi MountainDog! I think I know where you're talking about...BEAUTIFUL!
    Calderon was absolutely right when he said...."Where there is a Mexican, there is Mexico".

My 02. I think large rallies will become a viable and even necessary tool if our politicians ignore what the people want. We will have no choice if the constitutional process does not work. At least I hope people will not just give up. We may have to do things that call for great courage and fortitude. Speaking personally I'm not here for just a "good try" and then on to other things. For now I believe most folks are working hard behind the scenes and very active in the kind of things we do here on this board. Continuing to write, call, e-mail etc. educating ourself and others about the law, voting, the opposition & whatever. However A time may come when that is not enough.

I must say I am dishearten and angry to read the effect that "race" has had on many. Our education system and political dialog have left many people to cower at the idea of being "thought" a racist. Akin to a child molester! Whites are no more racist than any other race. Talking about race does not make one a racist. Who is being the real racist here anyway? The idea that carrying an American flag in the United States is racist is so absurd as to point out just how crippled the race industry and multiculturalist have made many fine Americans. I'm not pointing the finger at anybody I am just frustrated. Racism is NOT a one way street!
    [b]Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.
    - Arnold J. Toynbee

chloe24,

What you suggest is happening. It's still in it's infancy, but I believe it is growing.

Believe it or not, it was actually the bad press that got me here.
    I don't care what you call me, so long as you call me AMERICAN.

Quote Originally Posted by Ladydrake
    jean and americangirl,

Hubby and I plan on moving back to S.D. (as soon as we can get the money, heh). Anyway, I know the score down there and you better believe I plan on showing my pride for my culture (American)!
    Well, come on down...we need ya!
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Well, come on down...we need ya!
    We love S.D. and we'll be down there as soon as we can.

(edit) I think I know where you're at MountainDog, and yeah it is beautiful there.

Anti-Illegal people typically are taking care of work, families, school, chores and the like. I always likened it to the backbone of the country.

Illegals and supporters such as lulac, aclu, laraza, mecha make their income at protesting, lawsuits and handouts. The reason they look to be successful at it is because that is how they make their money. It's their job otherwise they don't eat. Where the aclu may at one time stood for something decent, today it's only livelihood is payoffs from lawsuits. These are businesses that make money at protesting anything and everything 24/7/365. It may say non-profit organization but that does not mean someone in the back is not making a killing. These protests on the streets where by no means spontaneous. It was totally organized to the point they made it look spontaneous.

Do you think all those Illegals and supporters just opened the closet and pulled out their national flags and hit the streets chanting the same whining mantra of "give me", pissed 80% of everyone in the country off and then decides to try it again and poof opened all their closets and put on white peace shirts grabbed their American Flag and started singing "give peace a chance"? Totally organized and would not surprise me at all if some of the leaders of Illegals and supporters were probably hoping for problems so they could whine more and win their cause. That is my definition of a blood sucking leach.

There is something to be said for silence on the issue while working in the background to get things done. The opposition does not get to know as much about what your plan is or when it is going to be implemented.

Trouble

hmm

Unfortunately not all states are totally covered with illegals. So those states/Cities that have few illegals. They don't see the problem. Then refuse to educate themselves on it.

So for a lot of them (unless they get a wake up call) it will be to late.

How do you go about waking those areas up ? Its really hard with the bias of the press. They only know whats going on through the news. They only know what the president has said on the television.
    "We are not for any type or form of "AMNESTY"..We are a equal oppurtunity deporter. We will not discriminate against you due to your race/age/religion .. "

Unfortunately not all states are totally covered with illegals.
    I'm happy for this. What I think is unfortunate is the voluntary stupidity.

What I mean is people can be presented with all the factual information in the world on any given subject. None of it does any good if people simply choose to ignore it.

The only way to counter that is if/when people do take notice and make the choice to get educated. The best (and really only) thing we can do is just make sure the information is available to them.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast