Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

I Am Trying To Stomach The President's BS

I am hanging in there but the feeling of throwing up is over whelming Might have to switch over to the Pistons, Cavs game.

Yea, it looks grim...

Well, I better go clean my cats' litter boxes, even if I am sure they are cleaner than this garbage on the TV.

The Senate has been defeated, and so has the President as it appears... The last strong hold might be the house/senate commitee

Banned
    6000 National Guard seems a pretty good start, assuming that they and the Border Patrol are allowed to do the job. Having local and state authorities assist the Border Patrol is a good step as well.

Bush is also claiming that the goal is to send all illegals caught back to wherever they came from and an end to "catch and release." Personally, I had rather see more meaningful sanctions than simple deportation, but that's not going to happen.

He is also talking about holding businesses that hire illegals accountable. Rather than simply penalizing the companies, however, he is promoting a biometric ID that is supposedly tamperproof. First off, there is no such thing as a tamperproof ID. Secondly, this sounds like the sort of thing that would soon be mandated for Americans, and I am vehemently opposed to that.

On the downside, Bush is again hyping the guest worker program. If it worked as advertized it probably would not be too bad, but I think we all know that the system will be full of all sorts of loopholes that would be exploited. He is also promoting amnesty that he swears is not amnesty. Word games really get under my skin.

Lastly, I note that Bush ripped on those who exploit the issue of immigration, but he didn't have a word to say about all those bastards screaming "reconquista!" and flying the Mexican flag over the US flag.

what a load of verbal diarrhea.

i can't wait to vote OUT any and all jokers who support the president's "guest worker program"

Foxnews saying right now, the Senate will vote tomorrow!!!????

I'm so glad he feels so compassionate towards the illegals, and the one that was wounded in Iraq.......he didn't mention anything about what American's do to make this country better!
    Do not vote for Party this year, vote for America and American workers!

Seems like a lot of tough talk with no real meat!

Again, two common themes:

1. Jobs that American won't do

2.) Most illegal are hard working, nice people

...and 12,000 new agents??? Doesn't seem like nearly enough!

We don't have a problem with the enforcement, we have a problem with the guests.

The majority of immigrants are decent hardworking families. Except for those 4 million that took to the streets.

This is more lipservice. Sending the National Guard. He's just trying to punch his way out.

Don't let him go guys. Keep the pressure on the House. They are up for re-elect this year. The Senate has two more years to turn things around.

Dick Durbin is saying that Haster is also in the bag

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast