Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

I caught my senator's eye -- you can too!

Hi Alipacers. Sosadforus suggested I post my email correspondence with my Idaho Legislature senator here. I initially emailed him this past Saturday, Feb. 9, and to my shock , he responded immediately! {I also wrote to the governor and my 2 house reps, and I am awaiting their responses -- IF they respond}

I emailed him back on Sunday, and to my shock again , he responded immediately at 7:40 pm. This guy is amazing -- he works on the weekends! I am soooo proud of him.

So below is our correspondence. My words are in black and the senator's are in
    blue. I will attend his townhall meeting tonite. He wants me to come!!!

Guys, I really thought that I would get the usual BS answer back, but I am here to tell you that there are some legislators out there who are responsive to their constituents, and talk like normal human beings! I am sharing this with you so you will have some hope in your own states. I encourage you to write to your district reps. You may get the same result I did. Just google your state website, and all their names and emails are there.

Good luck to us all!
    Ex_OC

Feb. 9, 2008 1:03 PM

Dear Senator Fulcher,

When is Idaho going to discuss more stringent laws regarding illegal immigration? My fear is that, with so many states enacting their own laws, the illegals are going to come to Idaho. I know we have already enacted some laws, but it's not enough. We have to pass some bills regarding employer sanctions, like in Arizona and Oklahoma.

I am pasting a news article from Fox News for you below, dated Feb. 8, 2008. It says that many illegals are leaving Arizona before March 1, before the employer sanctions law goes into effect. Senator, let's not be naive. They're also going to other states that do not have stringent laws. We need to do something now before they come here. And we're not going to know if they're here UNTIL our schools, hospitals, jails, infrastructures, social services start reporting budget deficits -- and by then it will be too late for us to deport them out of Idaho. So we need to act now, in this legislature!
    __________________________________________________ __________________
    Illegals Begin Leaving Arizona as New Law Approaches February 8, 2008 William LaJeunesse FOX News

AGIA PRIETA, Mexico — For the first time, Mexican officials in Arizona admit there is hard evidence illegal immigrants are preparing to leave the state because a new employer sanctions law is making it difficult, if not impossible, for them to keep a job.

Illegal immigrants are flooding the Mexican consulate in Phoenix for documents that will allow them to return to Mexico to enroll their children in school, the consul to Arizona, Carlos Flores Vizcarra, told FOX News. They are also requesting a document called “menaje de casa,â€
    PRESS 1 FOR ENGLISH. PRESS 2 FOR DEPORTATION.

Oh my gosh, that is a wonderful e-mail!! I did e-mail Governor Schwarzenneger too, but of course I did'nt get a response. Still feels good to tell them how we feel. I also think it help's for them to know that the jig is up! Thank you for the post.

Fantastic job EX_OC...You just can't beat Idahoans...we are tuff!!

Good Luck at the town hall Meeting, be sure to get your 2 cents in.

I will be awaitng your report with great enthusiasm!! Oh and have fun!!

Good for you "alexaastro" don't let of on them we need to be persistent!!
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by alexcastro
    Oh my gosh, that is a wonderful e-mail!! I did e-mail Governor Schwarzenneger too, but of course I did'nt get a response. Still feels good to tell them how we feel. I also think it help's for them to know that the jig is up! Thank you for the post.
    Alex, I also emailed the Governator when I lived in CA. I got a boilerplate email back. It made me feel like a nothing.

EX_OC read my above post!! we were posting at the same time
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

Wow EX-OC I'm so glad you are getting a response. After living in CA doesn't it make your heart feel good that you are actually getting a live response from a leader in your state. I'm so tired of the form letters as if they think it impresses me. What a joke.

Good for you. Are you going to the meeting. That will say a lot to him that you mean business.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by Gogo
    Wow EX-OC I'm so glad you are getting a response. After living in CA doesn't it make your heart feel good that you are actually getting a live response from a leader in your state. I'm so tired of the form letters as if they think it impresses me. What a joke.

Good for you. Are you going to the meeting. That will say a lot to him that you mean business.
    Yes, I am going to the meeting AND I'M DRAGGING MY HUSBAND TOO! LOL. (Since my Hubby is a retired firefighter, they get more attention esp since 9-11, and hey, I'm not above using my hubby's career to get what I want. LOL!!)

I printed out Oklahoma's HB 1804 (all 17 pages) and the fiscal impact (1 page) to hand to the Senator. I am going to do whatever I can to make it easier for him so that he doesn't have an excuse to ignore this.

I know, Gogo, I am so shocked that the senator responded to me in such an easygoing way, not the boilerplate way. Yes, I am sick of CA and nobody listening to me there. Pray for me tonite!!

Quote Originally Posted by SOSADFORUS
    EX_OC read my above post!! we were posting at the same time
    Maybe that means I'm becoming like you, Sosad! You know you're my idol!!! (And tinybobidaho too!! She inspired me to write to our legislators!)

That is awesome! Great to know there are still those who care.

Great work Ex_OC. we're very proud of you.

When I lived in Ca. I emailed every official in the state and every one has this automatic response system and telling you not to reply to the response.

Thank God I moved to Oklahoma.
    ------------------------

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast